As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Podcasts] Now listen to this

Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
Ow!

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    F--

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I'm actually not finding a lot of time for podcasts right now but Reply All is in just the right lengths to knock one out on a commute

I've been trying for a month to get through FatT's first part of There Is No Greater Love but it's so much unedited setup and it's hard to stick with

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    GG are you okay!?

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Anyone here listen to Hardcore History by Dan Carlin? I've been listening for a bit now and I'm curious if anybody else has a take on it

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I'm actually not finding a lot of time for podcasts right now but Reply All is in just the right lengths to knock one out on a commute

I've been trying for a month to get through FatT's first part of There Is No Greater Love but it's so much unedited setup and it's hard to stick with

Yeah listening to Reply All in between episodes of the bombast/beastcast is good, I can usually knock out 5 or 6 episodes

• Viktor WaltersViktor Walters Registered User regular
    I know people have said it already but just fyi for real this video game draft Waypoint episode is basically perfection. I found myself actually laughing out loud in the middle of Target. It's so good. I'm so glad Waypoint exists.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Anyone here listen to Hardcore History by Dan Carlin? I've been listening for a bit now and I'm curious if anybody else has a take on it

As someone who is into history but is not trained in the field, I really dig it

Dan Carlin is an extremely gifted storyteller, and he does a decent job of not glossing over the human cost of major historical moments, as well as presenting the events in their own context and with multiple perspectives

He’s not perfect but he makes a real good podcast

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I started listening to Factually! with Adam Conover.

It's good!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I know people have said it already but just fyi for real this video game draft Waypoint episode is basically perfection. I found myself actually laughing out loud in the middle of Target. It's so good. I'm so glad Waypoint exists.

I was listening on a treadmill, and kept startling other people in the fitness center with my abrasive, donkey guffaws

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Welp

I don’t know how they did it but I watched the first waypoint episode about evangelion and I think they convinced me to give it another shot.

Quire.jpg
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular

It's great.

I do think he'd be better off breaking up the super long episodes into smaller chunks though

But the long episodes thing is part of his deal now

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Hardcore History is a podcast that is roughly 25000% better than the title and the "Was Alexander the Great as bad as Hitler?? Ponder that and other hardcore questions!!" show description would suggest

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Um he's called Alexander the Great not Alexander the Awful, next question

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    This week’s Blank Check has everybody completely off the leash

6F32U1X.png
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    i've been listening to conan needs a friend (only the ones with guests i want to hear) and it's kinda wild how conan is always razzing matt gourley as being this like unknown, weird podcasting guy when i've listened to like exponentially more matt gourley content than conan content at this point

i guess it kinda illustrates how niche podcasting still is if you're not like serial or something

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    @Speed Racer this week on blank check Ben does the ad read and imitates griffins bit style and it literally almost killed me by making me laugh so hard I almost drove off the road

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    This week’s Blank Check has everybody completely off the leash

The character poster bit is incredible

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    This Waypoint draft episode is incredible
    Rob’s sharp inhale when Cado announces he’s dropping Civ made me burst out laughing

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    I've been listening to a youtube history podcast called History Buffs, and it's really good.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Rob’s sharp inhale when Cado announces he’s dropping Civ made me burst out laughing
    I'm mad though because on the website they have an image of Pikachu dressed in Playstation gear so I kept waiting for Rob to trade Patrick for something.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Of course the blank check rpg episode interrupted the big climactic triumphant moment to go off on a tangent about Rugrats in Paris: The Movie

• Viktor WaltersViktor Walters Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    me every time Rob made a play: "Oh shit!!! He's taking Nintendo off the grid!!! Reggie Fils-Amié doesn't even have a social security number!"

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    The Walking In Memphis punch-up is extremely good

If I'm being honest the punch-ups are often my least favorite part of the show (i appreciate the production and lyrically they're always solid, but because they're made before the episode, they almost always feel disconnected from the rest of the episode to me), but this one felt like it really hit on the best parts of the lyrics

Dex Dynamo on
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I've been listening to a youtube history podcast called History Buffs, and it's really good.

Holy crap all the episodes are based on historical movies?

@Zonugal tHEY HAVE AN EPISODE BASED ON THE PATRIOT

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

Holy crap all the episodes are based on historical movies?

@Zonugal tHEY HAVE AN EPISODE BASED ON THE PATRIOT

AWESOME!

I actually just used a quote from the Patriot in one of my US History assignments!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    i love the thread title a lot

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • HybridHybrid South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    It's cool as shit, I've heard

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    I just listened to Autumn in Hieron 00. The audio isn't as bad as I feared based on how much I hear about it. It's like, audible typing and not balanced between people and one time a dog barks, but otherwise ok.

What I am going to have trouble with is telling Keith/Art/Nick apart. I think I've got Art down, but the other two are not separate in my head yet.

• DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular

He's a bit too much of a battles and gore nerd for me.

I much prefer weird small stories in history than "WWI was awesomely horrific guys"

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    this mbmbam has the weirdest goddamn energy

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    this whole episode feels like a fever dream

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    But Indie, My Brother My Brother and Me ended in 2018. There hasn't been a new episode in over a year...

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

I assume he'll be working full time on Kingdom Hearts 4

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    I just listened to Autumn in Hieron 00. The audio isn't as bad as I feared based on how much I hear about it. It's like, audible typing and not balanced between people and one time a dog barks, but otherwise ok.

What I am going to have trouble with is telling Keith/Art/Nick apart. I think I've got Art down, but the other two are not separate in my head yet.

Nick's voice is a bit bassier, especially when playing Fantasmo. You will learn to identify Keith by laugh alone soon enough.

• DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Is John Drake gonna be the guy that tells EA they can't make any more Star Wars games?

Diarmuid on
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    the British GP aka leclerc v verstappen 2: Go Hard Young Man was pretttttty good

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    captaink wrote: »

Nick's voice is a bit bassier, especially when playing Fantasmo. You will learn to identify Keith by laugh alone soon enough.

The one that still gets me occassionally is telling Art and Andrew apart.

• cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

I assume he'll be working full time on Kingdom Hearts 4

their friend group is like a professional ouroboros

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    Having a guestspert on who seems to

a) actually know the format of the show
    and
    b) want to be there

seems like a marked improvement over last weeks.

Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
This discussion has been closed.