As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What's squishy, stretchy and transforms almost anything? ITS [Love]

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    So I sometimes hear that I’m like an insanely private person. And I always find it bizarre because I feel like an open book.

Anyways my brother got hit by a car today (he’s fine for the heads up)

My friends response was “you have a fucking brother?!? You seem like such an only child”

So maybe I’m more private than I thought

Not volunteering information doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t like sharing information.

Plus if you just go around telling strangers things one day you might accidentally let it slip that you’re Batman.

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    And in case your worried about two of me AJ. He’s like a body builder in Jersey.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    It’s complicated. He’s actually my cousin biologically speaking. But his parents passed when we were very young and basically lived with me the entirety of my childhood and teen years. So we see each other as brothers.

You have a cousin brother???

GDdCWMm.jpg
    edited July 2019
    sarukun wrote: »
    So I sometimes hear that I’m like an insanely private person. And I always find it bizarre because I feel like an open book.

My friends response was “you have a fucking brother?!? You seem like such an only child”

Not volunteering information doesn’t necessarily mean you don’t like sharing information.

Plus if you just go around telling strangers things one day you might accidentally let it slip that you’re Batman.

I think the Gus is secretive thing came about because I unequivocally won’t talk to people about dates if they know the other party.

My old roommate said he had to figure out through pure inflection of how I said “fine”

Gustav on
    aGPmIBD.jpg
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular

I think the Gus is secretive thing came about because I unequivocally won’t talk to people about dates if they know the other party.

My old roommate said he had to figure out through pure inflection of how I said “fine”

Idk if you're like me in this way, but when I talk to people who I haven't known a long time (dates, friends from class, colleagues) I almost never offer up something unless asked and instead usually ask questions to start conversations.

Makes it so I don't have to do as much talking but am engaged in the conversation. This despite the fact that everyone sees me an extrovert who talks a lot

I’m realizing I’ve had entire relationships where we didn’t have each other’s phone number. Which on one point is fair I live and have lived in places with zero cell phone reception.

But also maybe I’m more private than I give myself credit for

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Love isn't real

It's all lies made to sell chocolate and flowers

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I have a date tomorrow night! It could have been tonight but I spent all day out west and got sunburned and am tired blegh

• Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Love isn't real

Right now I'd prefer the chocolate and flowers over romance.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    It's not strictly related to the thread topic, but I've mentioned in such a place before:

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Love isn't real

Give me a break.

Love is about selling diamonds, houses and cars, not that dime store guff.

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Love isn't real

Give me a break.

Love is about selling diamonds, houses and cars, not that dime store guff.

Actually love is real it just involves holding their hair back while they puke into a toilet, then kissing their cheek to cheer them up even though they smell, then running them a bath. That’s what this weekend has taught me anyhow.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    You're a good partner

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Endless Serpents never specified which of those two roles was theirs

• Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    I love: NYC, and the beach, and the ability to go to nice beaches on the subway (I do not love the MTA and how the subway could be way better but is falling apart whew)

poo
  • JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    The MTA is the best and worst thing about the city.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    love is just straight up farting on them when you're the little spoon while they are asleep and you're too lazy to flip over

the fool

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Endless Serpents never specified which of those two roles was theirs

Either way tho

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    And in case your worried about two of me AJ. He’s like a body builder in Jersey.

Your cousinbrother is Diamond Dallas Page?

Well now Rorshach is gonna want a meet and greet!

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    My in-laws just celebrated their 50th anniversary, which seems appropriate for this thread. We had a little party for them and the minister who married my wife and I did a little ceremony for them. On the other hand my wife's sister just finalized her 3rd divorce a few months ago. I think as a family that might average out to the national average.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    As part of the bridal party, I’m accompanying one of my best friends as she shops for her dress. It will be fun, but also stressful as we try and not murder some of her family she invited cause they are misgendering fucks sometimes.

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    I felt bad having not yet made my famous cookies for my partner so while she was out of town I did and also got her some peculiar fruit

nj2m60jqenh6.jpg

o9gda9htz99a.jpg

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Is that an...orange watermelon?

I've heard of yellow watermelons, I guess this is a hybrid of normal + yellow?!

• GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Actually it's blue and white.

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Actually it's blue and white.

This got me to do a double take so kudos on that.

We celebrate our 12th anniversary at the end of the month, but I think we are going to be too broke to do anything special. It's cool though we did it up super big for our 10th and honestly after this long it doesn't feel as important.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Whew, I think I mentioned somewhere else that I’ve been trying to work out when I can, because I’m gonna be an anime watching weeblord then I’d at least like to be in better shape.

The past couple days I skipped exercising because I had done it 4 days in a row and didn’t want to hurt myself (plus both days I got home way later than I normally do). Usually that means I completely abandon my exercise plans, but today I finally managed to do it!

I actually ordered some exercise posters that show some basic exercises, so those should be helpful. I at least am trying to do situps, planks, and push ups every time I exercise, but I should mix it up other than that. The exercise posters show what muscle groups you’re working out, so I figure I can use that as a base?

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Today I went and had classy brunch with four of my friends, only three of whom are former minions of mine, and then we went to the art museum to view an exhibit of Van Gogh, Degas, and Monet paintings that are in town for a couple of months.

Current status: fancy lad deluxe.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I want one of those cookies.

• mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    Uh, yeah, those cookies look incredible. Is that a recipe you’re comfortable sharing?

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Love.

I've been feeling it a lot lately.

My birthday is coming up soon and hubby was all "do you want flowers?" and I said, no I want some cotton. So he paid for some cones of cotton from an Aussie retailer so I can use them to make up some kitchen towels that I've been slowly coming up with a pattern for.

Then, hubby asked "do you want me to take the day off for your birthday?" I've already taken the next 2 weeks off of work because I can dammit. But I didn't want him to feel pressured. And he was all "I love you, I want to spend time with you. Just you and me, us, together" and I promptly melted into the sofa (although he was playing Tetris 99 at the time so I might have been a bit pre-primed-melty).

Then today he told me that he took TWO days off for my birthday! 2 days of just him and me during the day while the kid is at daycare. I am all aflutter.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Just got home from a date! With a lady a bit older than me. It was good. I didn't know she was foreign so the accent threw me off a bit, in a fun way. Also coming up is a date with a different lady, who is twelve years younger than the lady I met tonight, but the same age as my ex. I'm excited about both, but do feel that the breadth of my age range deserves to be laughed at.

Weaver on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Sarah I saw you post pictures of your loom on Facebook and for some reason cannot understand how tea towels would work on a loom, can you break it down for me because I am a weirdo and find looms very interesting.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Ok...…
    I have had two women message me one shows off her bare chest after her breast removal. The other with her breast reduction. scars and stiches all
    I really should just give up on online dating it's gotten me no where but a miserable place

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Ok...…
    I have had two women message me one shows off her bare chest after her breast removal. The other with her breast reduction. scars and stiches all
    I really should just give up on online dating it's gotten me no where but a miserable place

You have had the most bizarre experiences I've heard of on dating platforms, my dude

Are these all happening on different apps/sites? Or is there one that is particularly off the rails

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Ok...…

You have had the most bizarre experiences I've heard of on dating platforms, my dude

Are these all happening on different apps/sites? Or is there one that is particularly off the rails

These were on OKC
    Some were on Match others on other sites I tried for a few which to say I was not really impressed with and felt I wasted my money on

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Sarah I saw you post pictures of your loom on Facebook and for some reason cannot understand how tea towels would work on a loom, can you break it down for me because I am a weirdo and find looms very interesting.

omg yes of course.

fair warning, there is a fair bit of geekery incoming
    So there are 2 primary components of weaving, the Warp and the Weft. What you saw on the loom is the warp, or the vertical threads going up and down when looking at a piece of weaving.

In this case, my warp is an 8ply cotton. I think it's mercerized in this particular brand (a process that makes the fibres shiny and more absorbent but slightly less strong than unmercerized).

So what Ecco and I did last night was putting the warp on the loom. my loom that I'm using is a rigid heddle loom, one of the simpler types of looms, but that by no means lessens what you can do on it.
    Once the warp is wound onto the loom, then you have to sley the reed (I actually took photos of this so I could do a post eventually). The reed is the (i this case plastic) thing within the heddle (the rigid holder that the yarn passes through). There are different sized reeds that you can get and use for different sized products. The reed that I am using is 7.5 dent reed. This means that I can get 7.5 (or 8 rounded up) ends per inch of warp. Reeds can go as big as 2.5 and I've seen some as small as 15. A 15 dent reed is usually used for the finer, single plyed cottons or linens or even silks.

Every reed, no matter the size, consist of slots and holes. When you warp the loom, every bit of string passes through the slot twice. so you have 2 ends per slot. The next step is 'sleying the reed' where you move one of those ends from the slot into an eye next to it. So you have 1 end each eye and slot.

After you have done this, you then tie the warp onto your front apron. You can either tie it directly on, or you can lash it on using some sort of magic that I haven't figured out how to do yet, but it's amazing.

So, now your loom is all warped up and ready to weave. But wait What about weft?

That is another set of choices! Do you use the same size yarn? bigger? smaller? What will the end product look like? All of these are subject to your choices. I've got a little bit of the 8ply cotton left, so I'll probably start one with that. But I also have some gorgeous 4 ply cotton that I'll also use.

So you wind your weft choice onto a shuttle (the stick that you use to pass the yarn from one side to another. Once you have that done, most people will weave in a quick header and then do a few rows of plain weave, stopping to hemstitch their project. This will make it so taht when you cut the project off your loom, it won't unravel. There are a million different ways of doing a hemstitch, I only really know one. Yet.

Okay, so we're all set for weaving. But, how do you get the over under over under thing working? Well, this is where your heddle comes into play.

In absolute basic terms a heddle has 3 positions, Up, Down, and Rest. Where your heddle is depends on what happens next. The default position is Rest, hot your yarns in the slots and holes are even across the board and you can see them all. When you move your Heddle into the Up position, the ends that are in the eyes are raised higher than the ends through the slots. This will create a triangle (if you're lucky it's long isosceles triangle) that is referred to as the 'shed'. You pass your shuttle through the shed, trailing your weft with you to the other side. You place your weft at a 45ish degree angle and then bring your heddle down to the Rest position, and then pull it forward towards your work "beating" the weft into place. Then, you move your heddle into the Down position and send the shuttle and weft back through the other side
    Boom. You're weaving. Now, the above was the absolute basics of weaving. There are all kinds of complicated things that you can do with pick up sticks, extra heddles, multi-shaft looms, colour patterning, etc.

What i'll probably do with these is weave a good, 15 inches or so, maybe 18 inches long, do another hemstitch to finish off the project, advance my warp about an inch and then start another one and then repeat until I run out of warp. Then I'll cut them off the loom and trim in between the different rectangles to make a pile of rectangles. i'm probably going to get about 2 out of this particular warp. Technically, these will be tea towels/dish towels. But the best thing for anything that you weave, like any other fibre arts, is to wet finish them. For wool, this involves soaking overnight in water, usually with some kind of fabric softener. and then drying flat. Just like blocking in knitting/crochet.

For cotton, I think the process is actually to run them through a load in the washer, or soak overnight and then tumble dry low to finish fulling them and softening. Once that's done and they're dry, boom. Towels.

Did that answer the question, @Blake T ?

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I dunno! Can you do different patterns with your setup or is just a one thread through deal? Can a thread just unravel or is it like a standard clothes weave for an equivalent thread weight?

I can do different patterns! Not as complicated as if I had a multi shaft loom, or at least not as easily.

But I can do houndstooth, or a log cabin weave with different colours.

If I wanted these towels to have little bumps, I could use a pickup stick to create texture.

I could do lace with this single thread. The possibilities are almost endless.

Look, I took photos! Cause I'm a freaking nerd about this.

Weaving kitchen towels https://imgur.com/a/TuZ7MxI

Do you know how hard it is to resist apologizing for gushing about this?

This discussion has been closed.