As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Agents of SHIELD] Series finale August 12th

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    TeaSpoon wrote: »
    This latest episode was adorable. I love it so much.
    I love that the repressed darker sides are just as attracted to each other as their normal personalities.
    It's the relationship I never knew I wanted.

Also, now I really want to see "Ringu" Jemma in the real world, much like we've already gotten Leopold.

sig.gif
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Caught up on the last two episodea. Enjoying the season so far and curious where it all goes.

Was reading up on the episode, and here's a bit of an easter egg for Simmons in that.
    Ringu Simmons was wearing the sweater from 4,700 Hours, had gold on her face from when she was in the future, and looked like a corpse because she crawled out of her grave in the Framework.

sig.gif
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    I'm kind of disappointed
    I get that they want Coulson to be back in charge, but why would anybody on the Shield floor look to nu-Coulson for leadership after he murdered one of their fellow agents in his first appearance. Like if a cop killer is brought in to give info on a new criminal, the force isn't going to look for him for leadership because the new criminal blows up a school.

This is even setting aside my issue that the show is removing the black dude from power to give it back to the white dude.

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    6x07:
    It was odd that they didn't bring any of those special knives with them when grabbing those infected people. Sure, just open the containment pod and shoot them, because that will work. Derp.

Fire breathing guy had one too many spicy curries. He comes from Curryworld, the spiciest universe in the multiverse. :lol:

They need to find an inhuman with cold/freezing powers. Now we know the Shrike have at least two weaknesses.

That Enoch goodbye bluff and hugging scene... Dawww. Enoch is both 'the absolute worst' and best robot buddy. :)

Trailer for 6x08:

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
    If they try and do the "two separate arcs, one season" thing again, I think I'd be down for that.

sig.gif
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    If they try and do the "two separate arcs, one season" thing again, I think I'd be down for that.

Not sure there's time. Season 6 is only 12/13 episodes*, and the next two are a dual episode (Collision Course 1+2), leaving only 3-4 episodes for the season. At least Season 7 has already been greenlit, so that's something.

* I'm seeing information that says both, and inconsistencies in air dates.

MorganV wrote: »

Not sure there's time. Season 6 is only 12/13 episodes*, and the next two are a dual episode (Collision Course 1+2), leaving only 3-4 episodes for the season. At least Season 7 has already been greenlit, so that's something.

I was just referring to the end of the current episode.
    It looks like the Shryke stuff wraps up in time for the FitzSimmons stuff to start, assuming they're not hitching a ride with whatever Sarge keeps talking about.

sig.gif
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »

I was just referring to the end of the current episode.
    It looks like the Shryke stuff wraps up in time for the FitzSimmons stuff to start, assuming they're not hitching a ride with whatever Sarge keeps talking about.

I'll be surprised if your second idea ISN'T what's happening.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I really wish writers would stop with the total shit security to move the plot along quicker. It just irks me the more I see it every time now:
    Sure, keep the killers in their original clothes and don't examine them or anything. Enter the cells with no security whatsoever other than a damn walkie talking. Why not put the 2 aliens trying to converge together, what could go wrong.

Nu-Coulson needs to take over just to stop this shit.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Geddoe wrote: »
    I'm kind of disappointed
    I get that they want Coulson to be back in charge, but why would anybody on the Shield floor look to nu-Coulson for leadership after he murdered one of their fellow agents in his first appearance. Like if a cop killer is brought in to give info on a new criminal, the force isn't going to look for him for leadership because the new criminal blows up a school.

This is even setting aside my issue that the show is removing the black dude from power to give it back to the white dude.
    i suspect nuCoulson is going to find his leadership extends exactly as far as providing knowledge on fighting the shrikes.

Everyone in that room knows he killed one of their agents and put the crew of the zephy in danger by withholding information and saw him basically holding the crew of the zephyr hostage.

steam_sig.png
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    This was such a cool moment:

Though if you watch it a few times it looks odd, like the portal should cut Sarge's feet off at his ankles when it closes.

I feel like Mack's decision at the end of the episode should not be a hard call at all, from his perspective.
    The ship coming in is clearly the enemy, and he knows the truck has his people on it. Blow up the ship before it's a problem, and trust that Deke can take apart the bomb, since he's clearly shown to have the aptitude. Now, we the viewers know that blowing up the ship is a bad idea because FitzSimmons are on it, but Mack doesn't know that.

And now we get a two-parter.

sig.gif
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I'm glad this is a shorter summer season, because you just know that that would've been the midseason finale and we would've had to wait at least a month or more for the next episode.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    This was such a cool moment:

Though if you watch it a few times it looks odd, like the portal should cut Sarge's feet off at his ankles when it closes.

Yeah, but it only worked because of once again total shit security. It's like the writers are afraid to have them just be outsmarted in a not stupid way because that take an extra 30 seconds of thought.

It is nice to have the team back together. I also kind of hope Sarge's death is like a real thing. I don't really care where he came from or why he is genetically identical to Coulson. The "mysterious tragic past" doesn't interest me at all with him. Just let him go and take the Coulson training wheels off the bike.

I take it that what's-his-face is that asleep not because he wanted to be, but because the Creator took over his body somehow. She kind of got away way too easily.

sig.gif
    I take it that what's-his-face is that asleep not because he wanted to be, but because the Creator took over his body somehow. She kind of got away way too easily.
    Same. They don't really have an established B plot, so May and/or Davis being possessed by Aizel(?) seems likely.

• RT800RT800 Registered User regular
    I wish Deke wasn't such a non-stop train wreck of cringe.

RT800 wrote: »

But that's what makes him so lovable.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    It is nice to have the team back together. I also kind of hope Sarge's death is like a real thing. I don't really care where he came from or why he is genetically identical to Coulson. The "mysterious tragic past" doesn't interest me at all with him. Just let him go and take the Coulson training wheels off the bike.
    Sounds like we can at least strike the tragic part of his past.

steam_sig.png
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    RT800 wrote: »

But that's what makes him so lovable.

I fucking love Deke. He's a source of levity the show kinda needed lately.

• DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited July 2019

The episode went out of its way several times to linger on him and his reactions. I dont think its because they are promoting him to a bigger cast role in general.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png

The episode went out of its way several times to linger on him and his reactions. I dont think its because they are promoting him to a bigger cast role in general.
    It might be, though.
    Like, if Coulson really is leaving, having Davis and Piper getting more focus wouldn't be out of the question.

sig.gif
  • McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Latest episode
    Yeah, definitely think Izel somehow 'possessed' Davis and then jumped to May to finish off Sarge.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    edited July 2019

No thanks, one JJ Abrams is enough, I don't need any more unexplained mysteries for the rest of my life.

Atlas in Chains on
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

I'm glad they get to end it on their own terms.

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

I'd probably keep watching indefinitely, but I'd rather that a show go out knowing it was ending, and being given sufficient time, both in number of episodes (13 is fine), and lead time (we're what, 10 months from the start of next season?), than watch a show become a shell of itself as actors and showrunners depart or lose enthusiasm for their work.

Does make the decision as to when I do a rewatch reboot though. Start again from Season 1, about a month before Season 7 starts, and I should be able to enjoy it before putting it to bed.

Yeah, with shows like 'The Tick' getting abruptly cancelled (no more Dangerboat :( ) it's always a downer. I feel we're very lucky with this show to have S6 and 7, they're like the cherries on top of the cake.

Just give FitzSimmons a good ending or there will be hell to pay! :P :lol:

edited July 2019
    I wonder how FitzSimmons will be separated next season.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Stem to stern

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    RedTide wrote: »

Stem to stern
    Body swap, but it's Leopold and Ringu.

sig.gif
    RedTide wrote: »

Stem to stern
    Body swap, but it's Leopold and Ringu.

Speaking of which, those Sentient Chronicoms may regret trying to explore those copies of Fitzsimmons' brains they took.

steam_sig.png
    More of the terrible Shield security.
    Sarge literally just rubs his restraints against the arm rest and escapes? Do shield employees not know how they work? Do the producers?

• madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    More of the terrible Shield security.
    Sarge literally just rubs his restraints against the arm rest and escapes? Do shield employees not know how they work? Do the producers?
    He dislocated his thumb to slip out of the cuff

Davis
    Davis, noooooo~!

sig.gif
    Sarge:
    Just like in Mass Effect 2, freshly resurrected: DENY/JOIN? -> DENY! "Izel will remember that..."
    And:
    RIP Davis. :( You lovable space-pen stealing doofus. :lol: Gone too soon.

Episode 10 was tense as shit. Great take on the trope. Every red-shirt in that base must be in a constant state of WTF?! confusion. Typical day at SHIELD. :lol:

SDCC 2019 Panel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLB7vI9NK8I

And an Imdb interview on the 'Imdboat'. :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erYLKbvws8A

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Finally caught up!

I wonder if we'll see the return of
    Ghost Rider? Probably not, but it's certainly implied that he's from the same "realm" as Izel and Pachakutiq.

I was also pretty bummed about Davis.

Edit: One thing that amused me with Deke:
    Fitz seemed to get along with Deke a lot better than now-dead-Fitz did.

SteevL on