As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I didn't want to dick around with trying to race the Brawl on my slow phone, so I just went for it on PC and beat the timer on my first run. Yay for dust.

• Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    dapg93hvgctz.jpg

Second golden class done! I'm pretty happy with shaman, there's a bunch of wild decks that are fun (and portal shaman in standard isn't too bad, either).

Now, what class should I do next?

Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Im playing that Wild Murloc list @Yilias posted in the last thread. I was missing Lotheb and some other card, so I added in a Spellbreaker and Leeroy.

Yeah, that deck is nuts. Turn 3/4 Everyfin is Awesome or Megasaur crushes hard.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Brazen Zealot is going to be a disgusting Odd Paladin card. Thank god it's a 2/1 and not a 1/2.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    Missed this earlier today, Wild VS Report #18.

T1 is the usual suspects; Odd Rogue, Odd Paladin, Even Shaman, plus our newly buffed up friends Mech Hunter and Murloc Shaman.

Cyclone is T3, due largely to getting rolled by the above decks.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    lmao i forgot wild still has to deal with odd paladin

yeah have fun with that guy

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Yilias wrote: »
    I see Bomb Hunter is just as dumb this season as last season.

3CIeuto.png?1

I have no idea how you do that consistently. Meanwhile, in Dover's world...

8qvrgxelkzz4.png
    I think Yilias must have an entire Warren worth of rabbits' feet in his pockets. To be able to go that many games without getting slammed with terrible draws, or a nut draw opponent, or a mirror Bomb Hunter with all the answers, etc. is pretty nutso.

forty on
  • Options
    I've spent many years honing my skills at ignoring board states and clicking on the enemy face.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    are you just playing the vicious syndicate list

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Yes, I almost always just steal their lists.

I also just lost my first game. Bomb Hunter mirror where we're both top decking and low, he's 8 damage off lethal so I leave the board up.
    Surprise, King Krush.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I gave up on wild last month cause it was just like, all aggro all the time

people love to bag on big priest but like, at least big priest does fun stuff. Odd paladin is just like, barf

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    I've spent many years honing my skills at ignoring board states and clicking on the enemy face.

Dude, I've tried that and get wrecked or punished hard. I'm still leaning towards the drawer full of rabbit's feet theory.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    just had a control warrior vs midrange hunter game where he played 4 dire frenzies, 3 landing on unleash the beast wyverns and 1 on misha, and i still won by clearing every turn until he had nothing left in fatigue

my elysiana could literally not have been any better:

militia commander
    omega devastator
    shield slam
    onyxia
    snip-snap

Beasteh on
  • Options
    I wonder if maybe the Paladin quest reward will be something along the lines of 'When you summon a 1 health minion give it Divine Shield'.

• Options
    it's 100% going to involve playing 1 health dudes

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Quest: Play six 1 health minions.
    Reward: Omega Galvadon
    (Immediately summons a 5/5 with Stealth and Rebirth)

Anyhow, I tried using a bomb Hunter list. My results were mixed. I generally did well against Warriors and in the mirror, but Rogues best me up and Cyclone Mage ate my face. The latter might be lucky draws - one game had something like T2 Apprentice —> Coin —> Elemental Evocation —> Ray of Frost —> Ray of Frost —> Mirror Image —> Mana Cyclone —> Mirror Image —> Arcane Explosion —> “Well played” into Sea Giant on the following turn.

But Bomb Warrior? It’s getting the job done. My favourite game this season was against a Priest. I had a Brawl in my mulligan, and kept it. I let them burn through their deck, holding the Brawl all game. The first Nomi was dealt with on board and with Warpath. The second was with the Brawl I’d held all game. The third was pulling a 1/13 topdeck off to get my second Brawl. All of the rabbits gave their feet for that topdeck.

Shadowhope on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Beasteh wrote: »
    just had a control warrior vs midrange hunter game where he played 4 dire frenzies, 3 landing on unleash the beast wyverns and 1 on misha, and i still won by clearing every turn until he had nothing left in fatigue

my elysiana could literally not have been any better:

militia commander
    omega devastator
    shield slam
    onyxia
    snip-snap

this makes me sick

and I'm already sick!

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    you should be able to do fairly well vs cyclone mage, that one just had the nutty opener

• Options
    Freeze Mage has also been really bad.

But Token Druid, Murloc Shaman, Overload Shaman also seem like easy wins, so I guess it evens out.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I wonder if maybe the Paladin quest reward will be something along the lines of 'When you summon a 1 health minion give it Divine Shield'.

Yeah one way or another there's gotta be some divine shield support coming.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    So I'm confused about the bees / overload memes.

its always been my experiece that overload only triggers if you attack with your minion and fufill the overload requirement, not if they attack your overload minion with another minion that fufills the requiements.

So why would it trigger?

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    And done, under 40 games from 4 to Legend.

j3RPr34.png?1

Stats:
    9IwH96u.png
    azith28 wrote: »

its always been my experiece that overload only triggers if you attack with your minion and fufill the overload requirement, not if they attack your overload minion with another minion that fufills the requiements.

So why would it trigger?

Overkill triggers on your turn only, not the opponent's. So them attacking into your stuff on their turn won't trigger it, but effects that make your stuff attack each other like Bees or Mass Hysteria will.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    bomb hunter is stupid confirmed.

I wanted to golden my hunter, at 462 wins. I did't realise i had the VS bomb hunter deck complete so gave it a whirl.

11- 4 i think from 15 to 10. ( i kept losing at the worst times, aborting like 3-4 streaks)

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    ... why does this brawl count real time from when you start vs. time spent in-game?

Just had an amazing run with Bombs and double Icy Sinister Black Hand of Rafaam, where the longest match was 6 turns (the last; Leeroy closer) but it took 15 hours according to the game.

• Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    ... why does this brawl count real time from when you start vs. time spent in-game?

Just had an amazing run with Bombs and double Icy Sinister Black Hand of Rafaam, where the longest match was 6 turns (the last; Leeroy closer) but it took 15 hours according to the game.

Because it's the easy, lazy way to do it

• Options
    edited July 2019
    azith28 wrote: »

So why would it trigger?

While we know what you mean, it's technically Overkill not Overload, but I digress.

It works because Overkill activates on your turn when your minions kills something. The in-game text cites it as:

Overkill
    Deal excess damage on your turn for a bonus.

So it isn't tied to attacking, but dealing damage. Same result happens if you use a spell like Mass Hysteria. Because the Bees are attacking Linecracker on your turn, the Linecracker is actively dealing excess damage on your turn.

Hope that helps clear things up a bit. It's Hearthstone though, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Because it's the easy, lazy way to do it

Maybe they're using the system clock again?

A few years ago you could open your new expansion packs early by simply updating your PC clock to the launch date.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    jbh7vmzqv6mg.png

Mglrmglmglmgl

Devolve+ is here!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I opened elysiana

I guess I should put in in my bomb warrior list, but it doesn’t seem like I run into the mirror that often

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I feel like that's a Control Shaman card while simultaneously an Aggro Shaman buff.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    jbh7vmzqv6mg.png

Mglrmglmglmgl

Devolve+ is here!

I am going to hate this SO much...

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Seems likely we'll see highlight videos of someone casting Plague of Murlocs and then getting a "surprise" 15 damage lethal because it crapped out 3 Bluegills, a Murloc Warleader, and an Oracle.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    kkannazxkefa.jpeg
    Mmmrrrggggglllll!

Shadowhope on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    jbh7vmzqv6mg.png

Mglrmglmglmgl

Devolve+ is here!

This plus lightning storm is practically a one-side board wipe with pre-silence and graveyard ruining effects packed into it. 6 mana to wipe the opponent's board with no danger of deathrattles or reborn or next turn rez seems pretty freaking good.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    [snip]

Mglrmglmglmgl

Devolve+ is here!

prior to this card being revealed, in my head, i was thinking,

that shaman's Plague was either going to be a Mass Evolve, or a Mass Devolve

and i see that they opted for the much more disgusting choice of the two

holy FUCK that card is insane

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Three mana to turn the entire board on it's head seems cheap.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    I can see it slotting into both Aggro Murloc Shaman and Control Shaman pretty easily.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Looking forward to all the videos where the Shaman casts it and gets something garbo and then the Shaman's opponent gets lethal off of it next turn.

• Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    The cost of that card really seems like another conjurers calling situation where they haven't even thought about it only being used in a control deck

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Looking forward to all the videos where the Shaman casts it and gets something garbo and then the Shaman's opponent gets lethal off of it next turn.

Shaman is only going to cast it in two situations: When they are aggro shaman facing a taunt (or empty opp board after attacking) and they have a board of 1/1 or weak murlocs. Or they are control shaman and they have a board damage spell/effect to follow up with after turning all your stuff into murlocs.

ObiFett on