As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Gettin' a puppy. Need some advice.

13»

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    So I think right now my money is on border collie or aussie crossed with poodle

camo_sig.png
  • djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    . . . so that we can keep Pancake and our existing cat away from each other for the first little while -- things seem to be going okay on that front but I think the separation helps a lot.

They worked it out:

aNhD0I5.jpg
    until Pancake's tail just got to be too tickly:
    oPbZggj.jpg

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »

Looks a like there's a lot of terrier there to me. Or whatever combination results in something like a terrier.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    mts wrote: »

If she has Border Collie it probably isn't a significant amount, Borders are highly energetic(whereas you said yours is very mellow) and their intelligence is primarily used for evil.

Donnicton on
  • Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    So it's been six months since we got Rico. He's a pretty great dog. We've got him in puppy classes and we've got him trained up pretty well. He keeps us on our toes but he's not destructive, doesn't have separation anxiety, and nice to have around.

I just took him out for our morning walk but we've had to begin using a gentle leader harness that goes around his nose so that we can stop him pulling on the leash. He's not a fan of it so far, but he'll get used to it. This morning's walk was the best walk we've had so far. No pulling, probably because he was so annoyed that he had a loop around his snoot.

Here's a picture!

ppouajut0o3o.jpg

Thanks for all the help folks! It was much appreciated!

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    He’s a good dog, DX. :D

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    just don't let him get it off or its over.
    once he knows he can get it off, he will keep trying

camo_sig.png