As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[LET'S PLAY TOGETHER] The Witcher 3! The playthrough has begun!

1363738394042»

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Rest of the cast is revealed, and man, I am still not impressed about it.

Actress they picked for Triss would fit much better as Yennefer.

Asthariel on
  • Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I’m so used to Dandelion being called by that name and wonder how weird it’ll be hearing him called Jaskier?

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Is that a thing from the books? I've only ever played the games.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Banzai5150 wrote: »
    I’m so used to Dandelion being called by that name and wonder how weird it’ll be hearing him called Jaskier?

Jaskier translates in English to buttercup. Was changed to Dandelion to make is sound better so I guess Jaskier is technically more authentic.

• Options
    Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    Banzai5150 wrote: »

Jaskier translates in English to buttercup. Was changed to Dandelion to make is sound better so I guess Jaskier is technically more authentic.

Yup! I’ve read all the books. Even read some as fan translations as they were taking forever to be translated into English. It’s just a thing where you’re used to a character being called something then having the name changed. Also I’m a huge Dandelion fan!

50433.png?1708759015
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Sure hope Cavil can carry this, the rest of the casting is meh at best.

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Bar Cavill, I've liked all the casting choices so far.

Triss in particular seems a good fit.

• Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    That look for Cavill is some half-decent cosplay at best

But it's a test shot so I'll reserve judgment

He really fucking needs that beard though, or at least some scars and grizzled stubble

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I'm currently doing a heist in the Hearts of Stone DLC.

Are these masks supposed to be former kings? Is this a Point Break reference?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh fuck, were they?

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    So I'm bumping this 2 year old thread about a 5 year old game that I just finished after like 150 hours. I also went though hearts of stone and whoo boy.

Hearts of stone is basically the best thing I've ever played. Gat damn. I chose to do what I and I think geralt would have done at the end there.
    yeah, sure. Take that soul, remove the mark, I never want to have anything to do with you ever again bye. I do kinda wonder what happens if you try to outsmart the literal devil.

I went with the lock-picker and acrobat for the break-in, and sided with richy-mc-asshole because I specifically said no one dies also I extinguished all the candles around the professor's circle and then nearly jumped out of my skin.

Hearts of stone is by far and away the best DLC I have ever played in any game good lord. I didn't do the side quest where you're supposed to go find and kill someone over a drug deal gone wrong because that isn't what geralt is here for. Does that quest transition into something more interesting? I'll probably end up playing though it because everything else was so gat dang good I have to assume it is as well.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SLyM wrote: »
    So I'm bumping this 2 year old thread about a 5 year old game that I just finished after like 150 hours. I also went though hearts of stone and whoo boy.

Hearts of stone is basically the best thing I've ever played. Gat damn. I chose to do what I and I think geralt would have done at the end there.
    yeah, sure. Take that soul, remove the mark, I never want to have anything to do with you ever again bye. I do kinda wonder what happens if you try to outsmart the literal devil.

I went with the lock-picker and acrobat for the break-in, and sided with richy-mc-asshole because I specifically said no one dies also I extinguished all the candles around the professor's circle and then nearly jumped out of my skin.

Hearts of stone is by far and away the best DLC I have ever played in any game good lord. I didn't do the side quest where you're supposed to go find and kill someone over a drug deal gone wrong because that isn't what geralt is here for. Does that quest transition into something more interesting? I'll probably end up playing though it because everything else was so gat dang good I have to assume it is as well.

have you played blood and wine?

• Options
    BlarghyBlarghy Registered User regular
    I didn't do the side quest where you're supposed to go find and kill someone over a drug deal gone wrong because that isn't what geralt is here for. Does that quest transition into something more interesting? I'll probably end up playing though it because everything else was so gat dang good I have to assume it is as well.
    If you played the Witcher 1, it fills you in on what happened to the Order of the Flaming Rose since the events of that game.

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    I hope they'd do something like making the earlier 2 games in the new engine. I wouldn't mind playing through them again in isolation, but when the gameplay in 3 is sitting right there I can't make myself do it.

• Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

Not yet.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Ivve been meaning to hit up the expansions since Easter, but backlog. They're about second in the queue at the moment but Steam sale this week might shake it up. Kinda want to get back to Geralt and be reminded why I thought this game was so good last year.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options

Not yet.

ah, I think you'll really like it

it's a real big DLC, but very worth playing through, and has my favorite sidequests in the series

• Options
    Senna1Senna1 Registered User regular

Not yet.

If vanilla and HoS took you 150 hours (nice!), get ready for another 50. B&W is just fantastic too. There's no reason not to play it if you've liked everything up til now.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited June 2019
    Not only is Blood and Wine excellent but all three (I think it was three) endings are amazing and totally worth retreading saves for.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Hey!
    The trailer for the Witcher fan movie was released recently. I wonder what you guys will think about it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Ahcc4zH54

Mayday on