As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So I built Severina

049hvjmlt0cn.png

Mine has a gap? just under the armor above her belt
    Now I did not know how bendy and soft the resin they use gets in the heat
    I was debating about getting green stuff the jar is tempting as I don't think I would use even half of the ribbon

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I still have two unbuilt forgebane cryptek and one built forgebane cryptek along with the built conversion. I kind of want to convert a second one but I don't have any ideas for what to do.

I also think I have more Necron HQs than Space Wolves HQs which feels weird.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    They charge an arm and a leg for that lady commissar, though.

Also, Brainleech, the people you play/paint with sound like complete turds.

they caused me to quit playing 40k for a time and it was bad
    I remember this clearly for several reasons as this was the last time I went to Mcd's as well
    Because of various reasons I had seen small groups of women at the tourney games whom would comment about how the models were painted. One asked me how hard it was to paint. I said it's not hard it's really one of those things you learn as you will have your hits and misses. This the start of youtube I point out how you can find various videos to help you get started. She thanks me and then goes back to looking at the small boxes and blisters of minis when John and his cadre of toxic start the comments of women don't belong here and other words. She and her friend blow them off He comes back with his slimeball of a friend and he beings saying things like show me the goods and smile
    The girls still keep ignoring them. The girl from earlier asks what would be a good model to start with I told her it depends do you like the look of it? Does it look like something you would enjoy painting? when John now with three people use me ot corner her and saying gross stuff saying this is a boy's club no girls allowed. One looks at me saying you ruin the game by helping girls get into it. [I had talked to a few women about the modeling aspect of it. So one begins to start to fondle her I grab his hand so she can get away. John says you wanto to fight waving his hands to his other 2 friends and I said there is not enough room in this corner if you want to go outside I would be more than willing.
    I finished my game packed up my army and never went back
    The deatchwatch rpg game a few months later was the farewell to gw and 40k for me for the time As I brought my friend she wanted to play with people outside of the solo mission stuff we were doing to see. We get there find a table where she creates her character and the person with a sidekick says Girls can only play SoB not space marines takes away her character sheet and is a jerk for the next couple of minutes

We left she was very upset at that
    From fall of 2011 till 2017 I did not have any interest in 40k or Gw stuff
    I had ebay set up to email about Hero Quest stuff so Silver Tower was a WTF is this?

I got Severina Raine with the storm trooper kill team even though I don't like the pulpy sci fi look of them
    I have haphazardly looked at other paint jobs for them to but I just don't know they still sit in their boxes waiting

That is some bullshit. One of us would have gotten our asses kicked. Probably me, but that wouldn't stop me from trying.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I have Serverina Raine. I still need to read her stories.

In other news, I've decided to try my hand at recasting. I bought some Blue Stuff and Milliput and put in a bid on some old Valhallans. I'll let y'all know how this works out and if its feasible for making a full army out of.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    So I built Severina

049hvjmlt0cn.png

Mine has a gap? just under the armor above her belt
    Now I did not know how bendy and soft the resin they use gets in the heat
    I was debating about getting green stuff the jar is tempting as I don't think I would use even half of the ribbon

If you're thinking about liquid green stuff, it is worthless. You need real GS, or you could try vallejo's putty (their liquid GS equivalent; it's much better).

Speaking of GS, anyone had trouble with theirs? In all the batches I've bought (regardless of manufacturer) the outermost layer of the yellow part has oxydized and become solid and unmixable. I solve this by scraping out the still-soft yellow stuff in the middle. It's a bit of a pain in the neck, though.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Nope, I've used GW and GF9 greenstuff and both worked fine.
    EDIT: I always keep it in a tight container though.

Mayday on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I've had the edges of the yellow oxidise sometimes, but normally it can still be mixed in to activate - it just requires more effort.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Green Stuff keeps a lot better in the freezer btw.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Yikes, just noticed that virtually everything GW sells seems to have been hit by the rumoured price increases. If I knew it was hitting that many things - and in the UK as well! - I'd have bought some stuff in advance.

Mayday wrote: »
    Nope, I've used GW and GF9 greenstuff and both worked fine.
    EDIT: I always keep it in a tight container though.

Like a small plastic one or?

Yeah, the one that used to hold photo film.

Can you buy them or get them without the film?

Because I posted the necrons I worked on yesterday in the stuffy heat of my house. I had a question because I vaguely remember in the 1st necron codex the war in heaven was millions of years ago I think in the newest one it's only 100k or so?

edited July 2019
    Not sure really, I just had two lying around (containers, not Wars in Heaven).

Mayday on
    Mayday wrote: »
    Not sure really, I just had two lying around (containers, not Wars in Heaven).

You can get them in bulk it seems
    https://www.amazon.com/s?k=35mm+container&ref=nb_sb_noss_2

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular

Because I posted the necrons I worked on yesterday in the stuffy heat of my house. I had a question because I vaguely remember in the 1st necron codex the war in heaven was millions of years ago I think in the newest one it's only 100k or so?

The Eldar background more or less consistently has is at >60 million years

honovere wrote: »

The Eldar background more or less consistently has is at >60 million years

That is what I thought at first but then I kind of had my doubts
    Still I am going with the dusty aged look for my necrons
    I might do their bases jungle themed to match my tyranids [because when I got the swarm that guy sold long ago he tossed in a large ziplock of the jungle trees GW used to do} I might do it across all my 40k armies for a theme
    Expect for my 30k Imperial fists they still await the siege of the emperor's palace for the iconography

Necrons are definitely still the 60million year old rightful rulers of the galaxy.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    The younger races need to get off their space lawn.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    Bah, the Necron are already the young ones! Old Ones or bust!

Other than the Slann and the weird stuff the Saurus/Seraphon are in Aos what are they in 40k? The same just looking for easier less insane stuff in Aos?

edited July 2019

Other than the Slann and the weird stuff the Saurus/Seraphon are in Aos what are they in 40k? The same just looking for easier less insane stuff in Aos?

They are the ancient alien race with a strong warp connection that "ruled" the galaxy befor the Necrontyr got all jealous of them for being more or less immortal and healthy while they themselves had to wrangle with their short-lived decrepit bodies.

They seeded life across the galaxy and created uplifted several species like the Eldar and the (Kr)Orks. Due to that they're also partially respnsible for the warp being as "interesting" as it now.

In Fantasy the used to be quivalent to the Slann up to the 4th edition, I think, when all references to the Slann creating the world in the annals of the phoenix kings in the high elf army books were replaced with Old Ones.

edit:
    Blood Ravens rules leaked and Gabriel Angelos has his Terminator armour jump attack from DoW3...

Blood Ravens chapter tactic is rerolling 1s when denying the witch with their psyker and never be wounded on unmodified 1s and 2s.

stratagem is upgrading a Librarian to Chief Librarian for 1 extra deny and knowing 1 extra power.

relic is a pistol.

honovere on
  • OpposingFarceOpposingFarce Registered User regular
    Got scammed by my first kickstarter, and it was 40k related.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1521768739/tks-28mm-fighter-aircraft-wave-1/updates

This dude keeps saying stuff has shipped but no one received anything and theres been no photographic proof. There goes $120 (two thunderbolt derivatives)

Sigh. On the plus side I just got an FDM 3d printer. So going to print all the vehicles I want now.

I feel like this is way too many HQs.

5IcSdnW.jpg

Yay, more Mechanicus in the pipeline:
    RumourEngine-Jul16-Image2jnxsw.jpg
    This looks pretty much like a larger version of the sensors on the Skitarii backpacks.
    The concept sketch for the Skorpius has a blurb about it carrying 10 Skitarii or 5 heavy Skitarii. I guess that's from that kit.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Desthwatch have a similar targetting array on their packs as well

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Yeah, might be more Vanguard Marines. Still hoping, because it kinda looks like the skitarii backpack sensor with the head sensor tacked on
    848586134016512_171323546871367_249313149201678336_n.jpg

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Dang, that's a lovely scheme. I love the inside-lining yellow.

website_header.jpg
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    McGibs wrote: »

It is lovely. It's also sobering to realize you usually have 30+ of these guys in an army.

TheGerbil on
    edited July 2019

Yeah, it regularly shows up in my Pinterest feed and everytime I think, dang that's cool.

honovere on
  • SleepSleep Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »

It is lovely. It's also sobering to realize you usually have 30+ of these guys in an army.

I've found that kill Teams makes the prospect of painting far more palatable.

• daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Love the yellow and the blue grey hood and whatnot. The red and white stripes seem a little harsh or busy though. It’s a damn nice looking middle though.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
    What would be some good purchases for 40k to expand the Tau apoc box I bought?

I'm keeping my Tau KT and 40K army separate since in doing different paint schemes so I'm starting from the beginning. I also have a box of fire Warriors for the 40k part.

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    The Apoc box is almost everything you need to make The Eight, isn't it?

You could go that route

You could go that route

That is what I was considering. I have a broadside so I'd just need to buy the commander and I can make the eight.

I kind if want to magnetize the apoc models and the broadside so I can use them for other stuff but magnets are just so time consuming and the battlesuits for my KT stuff are magnetized and it kind of sucked to do.

You could go that route

They were in the last chapter approved? I have tons of suits few fire warriors

How do I tell what edition codex I have? I'm pretty sure the Tau codex I bought a while ago is 8th but I don't see anything confirming it in the book.

• ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    How do I tell what edition codex I have? I'm pretty sure the Tau codex I bought a while ago is 8th but I don't see anything confirming it in the book.

For now, if the units have a Movement stat and the BS is described as x+ it'll be an 8th edition book.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
    There's a map for the Imperial Palace on the Siege of Terra page and i mildly supect the (in universe) cartographer took some artistic liberties with the depiction of the palace. Those are some high tech siegetowers i nfront of Helios Gate.
    https://siegeofterra.com/

• BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    In universe history in the Imperium is like someone took the King James Bible and ran it through a couple google translators, and then some really racist guy poked through the remnants.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    I ordered a repulsor executioner in a mid-day delerium, and now I'm trying to figure how how to convert it to be less of a cinderblock. I've been looking at deoderant-hovertanks all morning, and now buying a 100$ repulsor seems like a mistake...

website_header.jpg
This discussion has been closed.