As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I'm into this idea because I'm roughly 100% nostalgia, by weight, and Micro Machines were a fixture of my childhood, but I didn't actually have any of them.

What I did have a few of - and what I want to see again - are Micro Machines Z-Bots. Please bring those back.

Also, which we're at it, please bring back Attack Pack:
    and Keyforce:
    In less toy-car-related requests, I would also like a revival of Centurions: Street Sharks: and Body Wars:
    I'm sorry for bombarding you with 90s toy commercials, I just started thinking about all the toys I desperately wanted - but never got - as a kid, and the list turned out to be very long. Indeed, I can certainly keep going with it.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Fully on board with Micro Machines coming back, maybe they could relaunch Mega Force while they’re at it.

And Centurions and Dino Riders.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Please let them re-release those Micro Machines games from the Genesis/Snes days

Re-release the ExoSquad toys, you cowards.

• WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Attack pack. Holy shit I haven't had that thought cross my mind in like I dunno more than a couple decades I guess

I ended up waiting on the Rodimus Unicronus and it paid off, just stopped by today and it was down to just under $24.00.

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Battle beasts, Super Naturals, Boglins?

edited June 2019
    Storm collectibles is making an ultimate mortal Kombat 3 scorpion complete with axe, and blood spatter effects. Looks pretty good

WingedWeasel on
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I had the complete original Power Rangers Zord set as a kid.

My parents got me Titanus for my Birthday, walking out of the story I heard two kids mouth in awe, "DUDE, that kid just got Titanus!!!"

And that was when I became a god.

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Just saw this.

https://screenrant.com/new-transformers-war-cybertron-figures/

Leader Astrotrain. December 1, 2019 for $49.99
    astrotrain.jpg

Voyager Apeface. December 1, 2019 for $29.99
    Apeface.jpg

Deluxe Spinister. December 1, 2019 for $19.99
    Spinister.jpg

Deluxe Crosshairs. December 1, 2019 for $19.99
    Crosshairs.jpg

I'm excited for Astrotrain and Apeface (hope they bring out Snapdragon next). I might pick up Spinister. Heck who am I kidding, yeah I'm picking him up too. Crosshairs is the only one I'm not sure of since it is the Ironhide and Ratchet toy.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    That's a rad Astrotrain, also some nice and obscure characters.

I wasn’t a huge fan of Siege, but these? Oh yeah, I’m on board

3 of those 4 look really cool. crosshairs looks fine but not as exciting. spinister is notable sleekier than every other siege toy which to me is fantastic. the detailing on astrotrain and apeface is fine though, much better than on the existing ones

i'll miss his wingtips though...

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I dig Astrotrain, I had his figure as a kid and the new figure looks to follow the original's transformation. I'm curious how Spinister's transformation will work since his lower legs appears to each contain the full cockpit.

old toys, newer diorama just messing around:
    4Et6UAyl.jpg

U1DddqPl.jpg

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    I can't figure out that Spinister. Each of his legs looks like it has the entire helicopter cockpit on it. Is he just stashing a whole extra cockpit on the inside for aesthetics?

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure there's another "cockpit" on the bottom, under that pink part in copter mode

Are orders up for these anywhere? I need Apeface

Forever Zefiro on
    2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    None yet. I'm watching the thread on TFW and will try to remember to post the pre-order info here when it goes live.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Couple new Transformers Generations Selects announced.

The first is "Galaxy Man Shockwave" which is a recolor of Siege Shockwave in his original Galaxy Man Colors (like many early Transformers, Shockwave was a preexisting toy Hasbro liscensed the mold for use)

66751097_2803491699721006_7100349241217777664_o.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_oc=AQkxeNdXyosjq1eZA7HdnoEXSpdwF1iLzZkEFYg5Jkb7VGX0gJqqHXp1KlzMDD7DMZ0&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=c4eef513c08bdae6199e13c03bc36a92&oe=5DA65A38

The second, and slightly more interesting, is Lancer, who is the final componant of the Orthia, the combiner made out of Elita-1, Moonracer, Novastar, Greenlight and Lancer. (Sorry Chromia, you don't get to come)
    66395744_2803492486387594_2926445670153846784_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQnrx4tBil_SKHjfAubYG9TdpmlCPX0W0w9l0YH7dYL5oMTBxSIx6Rl_4YTqyFmttmE&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=dcb7367ccd32a494755da09c053815b6&oe=5DC10FDB

Sadly, Orthia doesn't look the greatest, IMO. Elita-1 (Who I think is a fantastic looking toy) is just too bulky for those limbs. Wish we could have gotten a couple of the ladies as other molds just to be able to bulk up her limbs a bit.

Screenshot_2019-07-11-22-58-29-008_com.png

edited July 2019
    Speaking of transformers, there's a new Hasbro crowdfunded Unicron coming out (if it get's funded) that is fucking huge.

D_h8U2oWwAASYVH?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

EDIT: Remembered there's an unofficial rule against linking to kickstarters and such things.

Undead Scottsman on
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    He's going to be 27" tall and cost $575 - assuming enough people back it to get it off the ground.

ggityx1lk4xkuda68xjv.jpg

by the way that unicron is fucking nineteen pounds. someone commented on twitter that many are hung up on that he is only 4 inches or so larger than for metroplex, but apparently metroplex weigh 9 pounds, unicron is NINETEEN. i want this thing but i have a unicron and that's just...too much for a single toy.

for me.

more power to anyone who goes for it. the video i saw about the mouth eating is wild

That is, like, as big as an average 1-year-old child, in size and weight.

And you're telling me I gotta feed it, as well?!?!

Delduwath wrote: »
    That is, like, as big as an average 1-year-old child, in size and weight.

And you're telling me I gotta feed it, as well?!?!

Are foam ball models of the solar system really that expensive?

I mean, three times a day, every day, for a couple of decades or whatever? It adds up!

And if you miss a meal and piss him off, he'll go and reformat your smartphone, TV remote, and console controller into functionally-similar-but-ontologically-distinct devices? No thank you, you can keep your robot space god doll baby.

Heads up, Siege Shockwave is up for Prime Day until 2:30 am eastern for $37.99

Delduwath wrote: »
    And if you miss a meal and piss him off, he'll go and reformat your smartphone, TV remote, and console controller into functionally-similar-but-ontologically-distinct devices? No thank you, you can keep your robot space god doll baby.

And he won't even do it correctly, if that one episode of TAS is to be believed.

• HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    I never really cared for Unicron, plus that price is way too much for me.

Big pass

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    So uh...we are apparently going to get a Rung toy per sdcc

edited July 2019
    Also a 10-pack of micromaster redecos and a new mold for a micromaster combiner

Undead Scottsman on
    I hope Frenzy is mistransformed in that picture, because otherwise he's one stumpy dwarf of a transformer.

I'm still laughing that people are calling the coal-car a "tinder" and not tender. Guess younger generations don't know about steam engines.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I'm still laughing that people are calling the coal-car a "tinder" and not tender. Guess younger generations don't know about steam engines.

Swipe right for coal.

Heffling wrote: »
    Betsuni wrote: »

Swipe right for coal.
    Sounds like things are about to heat up :winky::winky::winky:

Awkward

While I understand that the physics may just not work, it sucks for something that price

Oh god that thing is not going to be able to stand under its own power is it

There goes any temptation I had for it.

I could see it standing on its own, but maybe just standing. I'm imagining a lot of broken wings, or whatever those things sprouting form his shoulders are supposed to be.

And in his defense he is supposed to be in a zero gravity environment. It's not unicron's fault human engineers can replicate that at the home retail scale.

This discussion has been closed.