As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Thy Neighbor’s House

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited July 2019 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Thy Neighbor’s House

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Dark080matterDark080matter CrateriaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Petition: Let Us Live In the Haunted Mausoleums Of The Cursed Mud

Dark080matter on
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    One strike against Mixer: cursed autoplay in embedded video (e.g. Mike's news post).

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Reminds me of Terraria.
    Me: These corrupted stone blocks are really cool. What if I built some buildings with them?

Also me: Why do my NPCs keep getting killed by flying worms?

steam_sig.png
  • R.Z.R.Z. Registered User regular
    The first floor of my village is mostly made of cursed mud since it's too much of a pain to replace each block, but the upper levels are all made of wood and super pretty.
    I'm just hoping it won't rain too much or the buildings may find themselves one story short ...

• Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    The key to cursed mud home interiors is to kindle a bonfire in a central location. It immediately starts to look a lot more cozy and inviting. If that doesn’t work, pay the hollows to hang some sheetrock.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • DankvaderDankvader Registered User new member
    What game are they talking about?

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Dankvader wrote: »

Dragon Quest Builders 2.
    DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 is a block-building role-playing game with a charming single player campaign and a robust multiplayer building mode that supports up to four players online. Create your customized character, team-up with your fearless friend Malroth, gather the skills required to become a full-fledged builder, and combat the Children of Hargon, a vile cult that worships destruction! Then, take your builder online and join your friends to collaborate and create something truly magnificent. Don’t let the name fool you, despite the 2, this is a completely standalone experience featuring new characters, an expansive world, unlimited building combinations, and a storyline that’s sure to satisfy longtime fans and newcomers alike! DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 is coming to North America and Europe on PlayStation 4 on July 12, 2019.

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    So I've been on the fence about buying this for the kids because I think the kids would really like playing this game. The kids love the Switch, and they love playing Minecraft, so why wouldn't a loving and caring father buy this for the kids. Because it's for the kids, and I think the kids will have fun with it. And after seeing this comic and reading the front page, I'm convinced that this should be purchased for the kids to play. Because I bought the Switch for the kids so the kids could play the kid games on the Switch. That's what I told my wife. The Switch would be great for the kids, because it is for the kids. Which is why it's my duty as a dad to buy this game for the kids.

Because kids, right?

EDIT: I bought this for the kids.

ironzerg on
  • dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Dankvader wrote: »

Tip: Next to the title of the comic is an icon with "TXT" on it. (If you are reading this on the PA Forums, click on the "Read the full story here" link first to go to the comic.) Click that to go to the news post for that comic. Note that this icon only appears after the news post has been posted. The first line of the news post for this comic was "I thought Dragon Quest Builders" etc.

Also, you can just scroll to the top of this page and click "News". Not only would you see that news post, but you'd see Mike's Mixer stream of DQB.

dennis on
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Though the news post goes up later than the comic, so you won't always see that icon on the newest strip.

e:shouldn't have just skimmed, I suppose.

cB557 on