As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    Okay, folks – this is pretty big. You might want to sit down.

Ready? Here it is…

Eisenhorn is being developed as a TV show.

Boom! As usual, no one expected the Inquisition!*

Development of the TV show, starring Warhammer 40,000’s most (in)famous Inquisitor, is being headed up by Big Light Productions, an award-winning team who have made some great TV shows**.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/17/heretic-traitor-rogue-inquisitor-tv-stargw-homepage-post-2/

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Working on my Tesseract Vault. I like how it’s turning out so far. Gotta do some touching up on the C’tan but everything else is looking how I want it.

wfiw22paoav6.jpeg

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I'm kind of in shock.

I sold my Valhallan IG army in January. I've been collecting it since 1998 or so. I sort of regretted it at the time, and that feeling has only grown.

Recently, I've been contemplating buying more, and went about scouring the internet. Apart from buying from a Russian recaster, or spending what GW used to charge for a squad on each mini, I had decided to either buy a few and learn how to cast my own, or buy not-Valhallans from either Anvil Industries or Victoria Miniatures. I had been discussing these options on the Independent Characters FB page and Discord channel.

The guy who bought my army messaged me to say he wasn't doing anything with my army and he'd be happy to sell it back to me for what he paid for it. I'm just in shock. No other group of people but the majority of 40k players would be so generous, and I never would have thought to ask for something like that. But I'm going to get the army I based my online identity on back.

I'm just... wow.

EDIT: This is the army I sold. They're not all Valhallans. There are some old beret stormtroopers, Praetorians, RT era figs.

MdgIU5W.jpg

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    So I didn't realize that the Eight is 1120 points and -3 CP. Pretty intense.

I'm still extremely torn on magnetizing them.

The plan so far is to buy another box of fire Warriors so I'm at 20 and a box of pathfinders. Not sure what to buy after that to hit 2k. Maybe another riptide and some battlesuits. I do like some of their vehicles though.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So it looks like the new Sisters might come out around September-ish, which would be great, I can get whatever box set they hopefully release for my Birthday :P

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Where are you seeing that? I was hoping they'd release by the end of the year

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    AFAIK it's not official, but I'm hoping it's true.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    Well last year they said they'd be out "this year" but until I hear otherwise I'm considering that to mean "December", lol.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Not December. GW doesn’t do new minis over Christmas. New random accessories and limited bundle repacks for sure but they haven’t done an actual new release, and definitely not one as big as the Sisters are supposed to be, in more than a decade.
    So it’s November at the latest but given the way they’re ramping up I expect sooner than that. The ideal is a summer boxed set (vs. Necrons) in August followed by the Codex and individual sets in November.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Wait, why a box set of Sisters versus Necrons? Is that wishlisting or have there been rumours related to it?

What kind of drones are good to use for the Tau in 40K?

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

A boxed set in August but no codex until November? I don't think that makes much sense.

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I hope there's something new in there beside the things that have existed for forever like
    Basic sister squad
    heavy sister squad - which might even not be its own kit
    elite sister squad - which again might not even be its own kit
    flying sister squad
    flagellant sister squad
    flagellant sister dread
    canoness
    Rhino/flame rhino
    Exorcist

Maybe Celestians get a bit of a redesign? Retributors atleast seem to get the new torso
    Probably some characters with AoE effects?

Some ecclesiarchy units would be nice for more grungy, Blanche-style 40k feel.

Bear in mind we already have a beta codex for the Sisters, so we're probably not getting any new units which don't feature in that.

I don't think it's crazy they'd hold back brand new units from the beta codex, those units were probably still being designed, they probably considered the beta codex more a publicity tool than real testing and there's more of a hype value in surprising reveals of new units.

And honestly the Sisters desperately need more options, they're very barebones, almost Grey Knight level of lack of units. The vast majority of their infantry are the same models with the same weapons in slightly different proportions. One box of modern plastic sprue could build like 80% of the units fielded in a current Sisters list, and I'm pretty sure the "competitive" lists are entirely infantry hordes so that'd be 100%.

If we're wishlisting I'm hoping for a heavy support generic Living Saint unit, basically non-named hero versions of Celestine.

Burnage wrote: »
    Wait, why a box set of Sisters versus Necrons? Is that wishlisting or have there been rumours related to it?

Mostly wishlisting but with a solid background; the very first time anyone ever heard of the Necrons they raided a small chapel defended by the SoB. It would be a nice callback.

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »

Shield drones. Nothing else sees play outside of some niche circumstances. For Apoc drones are a unit upgrade so you don’t even need the models.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    My son talked me into getting a 3d printer... I was hesitant, but after setting it up and buzzing around seeing what you can print on the internet I'm thrilled with the purchase.

Made these yesterday... A deployment die you just roll for deployment and some chaos objective markers. They're not perfect, but having only printed <10 things I'm happy with how they've turned out.

9ngwy3dp2ort.jpg

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Because that is when both armies first appeared long ago in da lore

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Bear in mind we already have a beta codex for the Sisters, so we're probably not getting any new units which don't feature in that.

We more or less had that for Chaos Knights, but the new codex has a couple new units in it.

It also makes business sense to have some shiny new units to help push sales.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I suspect there'll be some new character blisters if nothing else. The problem with rebooting the whole range is that that's a whole bunch of molds just for updating models/units that already exist, but I'm definitely hoping for some new surprises too.

Norgoth wrote: »

Shield drones. Nothing else sees play outside of some niche circumstances. For Apoc drones are a unit upgrade so you don’t even need the models.

Cool, thank you. I figured it might be all shield drones but I wanted to double check.

I think the goal right now is to buy a start collecting box for Tau, pathfinders, and the commander box to make a Coldstar commander.

Besides that I was thinking maybe some broadsides or a hammerhead. Maybe piranha. Not sure yet.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    SharpyVII wrote: »
    Okay, folks – this is pretty big. You might want to sit down.

Ready? Here it is…

Eisenhorn is being developed as a TV show.

Boom! As usual, no one expected the Inquisition!*

Development of the TV show, starring Warhammer 40,000’s most (in)famous Inquisitor, is being headed up by Big Light Productions, an award-winning team who have made some great TV shows**.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/17/heretic-traitor-rogue-inquisitor-tv-stargw-homepage-post-2/

If there is any 40K story suited for the screen treatment, it'd be the inquisitor and his crew. The fact.that it's stoneface Gregor is just the cherry on top.

I think I'm gonna run this list for my Tau.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (T'au Empire) [58 PL, 880pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

T'au Empire Sept Choice: T'au Sept

+ HQ +

Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit [9 PL, 182pts]: 4x Fusion blaster
    . 2x MV4 Shield Drone
    . Puretide engram neurochip

Commander Shadowsun [10 PL, 138pts]: 2x MV52 Shield Drone, MV62 Command-link Drone

+ Troops +

Strike Team [5 PL, 69pts]
    . 7x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle
    . 2x MV7 Marker Drone

Strike Team [5 PL, 69pts]
    . 7x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle
    . 2x MV7 Marker Drone

Strike Team [5 PL, 62pts]
    . 6x Fire Warrior w/ Pulse Rifle
    . 2x MV7 Marker Drone

+ Heavy Support +

XV88 Broadside Battlesuits [24 PL, 360pts]
    . Broadside Shas'ui: 2x Smart missile system, Heavy rail rifle
    . 6x MV4 Shield Drone

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment -3CP (The Eight) (T'au Empire) [56 PL, 1,120pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

The Eight [56 PL, 1,120pts]: Broadside Shas'vre Ob'lotai 9-0, Commander Bravestorm, Commander Brightsword, O'Vesa, Shas'o Arra'kon, Shas'o Sha'vastos, Sub-commander Torchstar
    . Commander Farsight: Hero of the Enclaves (Farsight Enclaves), Warlord

++ Total: [114 PL, 2,000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

I need to finish making my Tau for Killteam. It might be suboptimal but I'm going to be making a couple kinds of Drone, for variety.

I think in Killteam the different kinds of drones work better than n 40k.

Also with the sept tenents from the Elites expansion Breachers look much more interesting, especially bork'an and farsight.

My Tau KT has at least one of every drone type.

Speaking of Elites subfactions: Do I read that right and you can't mix Kabal, Cult, and Coven units in your warband if you want to use an Obsession? That seems harsh.

I'm pretty sure both Combat Drugs and Power from Pain individually are better than most other faction's chapter traits, Dark Eldar don't have much room to complain IMO.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    A boxed set in August but no codex until November? I don't think that makes much sense.

Why not? Shadowspear was released several months ago, we still don't have a Codex update for the new units, and still no multi-part kits. GW seems fine with releasing a new box set and then leaving everyone hanging for several months.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    Is it worth getting the GW movement trays or am I better off going 3rd party?

I'd go 3rd party. It's a fraction of the price and serves the exact same function.

I'd go 3rd party. It's a fraction of the price and serves the exact same function.

I definitely found some good prices on Ebay but they are mostly MDF. Is MDF fine to paint and base on?

Also started looking at either getting a membership at the create space in downtown Phoenix to use their laser cutter to make acrylic markers for stuff. I figure a membership at this place would be cheaper than trying to find and buy a laser cutter.

Bought commander farsight at my LGS, surprised they had one. Now I can fully build the 8.

Really? Where from? I can get GW’s trays from an online discounter for £1.04 for five 25mm slots, or 21p/slot. Closest I’ve found so far is Charlie Foxtrot’s at 22.5p/slot for eight and as far as I can tell they don’t sell through discounters to drop that further.

edited July 2019
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

Really? Where from? I can get GW’s trays from an online discounter for £1.04 for five 25mm slots, or 21p/slot. Closest I’ve found so far is Charlie Foxtrot’s at 22.5p/slot for eight and as far as I can tell they don’t sell through discounters to drop that further.

Ebay. Take this listing which winds up at about 12p per slot.

Edit: And yeah, MDF's fine to paint and base on.

Burnage on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Played another NoVA practice game with my 3 discordant list. I mixed it around and changed the supreme command detachment to a T-Son pure detachment and then the lord exectioner to the Crimson Raider detachment with Huron. I figured 4 psykers worth of denies was enough.

My opponents list was interesting.
    Daemon Battalion:
    50x Daemonettes (2x10s and a 30 daemon squad)
    1xNamed daemon prince (the one with the daemonette riding it)
    1xThe Masque

Supreme Command Detachment (Heretic Astartes):
    1xAhriman
    1xMorty
    1xT-Son sorc in termi armor

Spearhead (alpha legion):
    1x Lord with a plague sword or something. I think the nugrle relic
    2x 4 chain gun havoc squad
    1x Rapier battery
    1x termite drill

He deep struck the drill with one havoc squad with the lord, the termi sorc, and 2x10 man squads of daemonettes. Over the game I just ate something each turn. Turn 1 his havocs not in the drill (he denied my warptime so I couldn't kill morty first). Turn 2 morty with the maulerfiend and two lord discordants and his ahirman. Also got his 30 man daemonette squad down to 5 models and lost a sorc. By the end of 4 he was down to the drill. I murderized everything else. The drill died to a lord discordant in close combat.

Still a fun game and learned a lot. First game vert Morty. He is tough, but not verse the blenders that are buffed flawless host discordants. So 3 games, I need like 20 more. But I am feeling better with it and being more controlled with my army and my targeting.

Also the venomcrawler was rolling hot. Getting an average of 5 shots and hitting/wounding with all of them. It was a thing of beauty for 130 points.

His army once I broke Morty had no way of dealing with my engines. His havocs in the drill killed 2 squads of cultist and 2 csm squads. But I was okay with that.

The drill with a bundle of havocs is nasty as it gets. Let's you ignore the 24" range on them and putting them where you want. His Slaanesh daemons just got shot off the board. Not a lot they could do.

There was a big Primarch here at some point.
    2R0OepCl.jpg

For the dark gods (why don't we have body armor?)
    ufIPg5Pl.jpg

ZRzYIWJl.jpg

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Geoff "InControl" Robinson passed away.

Sucks. He had an excellent stream and 40k content. And was a pretty good guy.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    Played a game using this list and it was a lot of fun. It was a 3 person free for all. Necrons, Blood Angels, and Custodes with a loyal 32.

Quantum shielding is so fun. The Blood Angel inferno pistols never did damage to a quantum shield model.

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Necrons) [63 PL, -1CP, 977pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Dynastic Heirlooms [-1CP]: Dynastic Heirlooms: 1 Extra Artefact

Dynasty Choice
    . Dynasty: Sautekh

+ HQ +

Catacomb Command Barge [9 PL, 146pts]: Artefact: Lightning Field, Tesla Cannon, Warscythe

+ Elites +

Triarch Stalker [8 PL, 125pts]: Twin Heavy Gauss Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Annihilation Barge [8 PL, 113pts]: Tesla Cannon

Annihilation Barge [8 PL, 113pts]: Tesla Cannon

Doomsday Ark [10 PL, 160pts]

++ Air Wing Detachment +1CP (Necrons) [33 PL, 450pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Dynasty Choice
    . Dynasty: Sautekh

+ Flyer +

Doom Scythe [11 PL, 150pts]

++ Outrider Detachment +1CP (Necrons) [31 PL, 566pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Dynasty Choice
    . Dynasty: Mephrit

+ HQ +

Catacomb Command Barge [9 PL, 147pts]: Artefact (Mephrit): The Voltaic Staff, Staff of Light, Tesla Cannon
    . Warlord: Warlord Trait (Mephrit): Merciless Tyrant

+ Fast Attack +

Canoptek Scarabs [2 PL, 39pts]: 3x Canoptek Scarab Swarm

Tomb Blades [10 PL, 190pts]
    . Tomb Blade: Shieldvanes
    . . Two Tesla Carbines: 2x Tesla Carbine
    . Tomb Blade: Shadowloom

Tomb Blades [10 PL, 190pts]

++ Total: [127 PL, -1CP, 1,993pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I bought a Baneblade.

I don't know which version to build

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    I bought a Baneblade.

I don't know which version to build

There are guides and even kits on how to magnetize it to Be all 8

This discussion has been closed.