As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

it's the movie thread

19596979899101»

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    It just looks confused to me. Like elements of the designs are evocative of costuming - humans actors wearing catsuits and the like; but other elements feel like they're going for "no, these are supposed to look like 'actual' cat people" and it just winds up in a weird, unappealing compromise when either aesthetic would have stood out stronger, IMO.

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

I'm going to go ahead pretend I never saw this and keep talking about Top Gun I bet Tom Cruise has to race a drone to prove once and for all he's the real Maverick and that aces can never be replaced by machines and he wins but his heart blows up from the... G's I guess and he turns his F-18 up with the last of his strength and flies into the sun while "Boys of Summer" by Don Henley plays

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    It just looks confused to me. Like elements of the designs are evocative of costuming - humans actors wearing catsuits and the like; but other elements feel like they're going for "no, these are supposed to look like 'actual' cat people" and it just winds up in a weird, unappealing compromise when either aesthetic would have stood out stronger, IMO.

Isn't that compromise core to the whole musical though?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2019

I would kind of like to see what this would look like with realistic CGI cats a la "Lion King".
    Gotta keep the neon/boudoir lighting though, none of that swampy olive shit.

tynic on
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Juggernut wrote: »

I'm going to go ahead pretend I never saw this and keep talking about Top Gun I bet Tom Cruise has to race a drone to prove once and for all he's the real Maverick and that aces can never be replaced by machines and he wins but his heart blows up from the... G's I guess and he turns his F-18 up with the last of his strength and flies into the sun while "Boys of Summer" by Don Henley plays

I will now be disappointed by the movie if this doesn't happen

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Y'all this has made my day amazing

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

Isn't that compromise core to the whole musical though?

I haven't seen CATS, I'm just going off my own reactions.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    i will be seeing cats before i see star wars 9

see it with sonic as a double feature of fucked up horrifying uncanny valley movies

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Those cats look pretty good and I thought they be terrifying

Neat!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    this movie opens the same day as Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker

No theater within 100 miles of me is going to Not have Star Wars sold out for its first two full weeks. Honestly anything else being out is more enticing for me to see because at least I know I'll be able to get in. Might give it a shot now...

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    How do the cats pee, do they pee out of their butts

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Holy shit that Cats trailer! It's going to be the biggest cult furry classic in history!

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Holy shit that Cats trailer! It's going to be the biggest cult furry classic in history!

Please, it's going to be what every furry is trying to get out from the shadow from at their family Thanksgiving

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

I believe they have retractable genitals

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Just like humans do. Right from the butt.

• Options
    I am a little disappointed that the cats don't have very noticeable pink assholes.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Maverick and the bros flew F-14A Tomcats

• Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    God the memes

The memes are going to be incredible

Juggernut on
  • Options
  • Options
    Cats shouldn't have a plot. Real cats have no respect for narrative structure.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    Cats shouldn't have a plot. Real cats have no respect for narrative structure.

I don't know, one time I complained about having three cats and one of them immediately coughed up a giant fishy hairball

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Someone who says cats don't appreciate structure has never seen what happens when you miss dinner time.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    Yeah cats are weirdly regimented in their days a lot of the time

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I feel like they split the difference too much. They either need to look more human or more animalistic.

Honestly I feel like they did it perfectly and I'm a little bit upset about that

Yeah it’s like, the play is people in cat costumes being human-cats in big sets. You either transcribe that 1:1 or you do this. I’d rather they did this.

I don’t really know how to explain it other than the vibe I get is this is how humans imagine cats imagine themselves looking and acting.

cursedking on
    Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options

I said narrative structure, not anal-retent structure.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

yeah I can tell you where my cats are just by looking at the clock

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    grats to the Annoying Orange guy for his first feature length film

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Andrew Lloyd Webber really has a lot to answer for.

• Options
    I'm really surprised at the reaction, honestly

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    The trailer for Cats exceeded all of my expectations. What a gift from God

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    movies are canceled

This discussion has been closed.