As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I just can't wait for the embargo to go down so I can get all the character recruitment info and class info so I can start planning the quickest route to get my team set-up.

I've actually been keeping track of all the recruitment demands. What's known so far:

Black Eagles

Edelgard [NA // NA] -Un-recruitable
    Hubert [NA // NA] -Un-recruitable
    Dorothea [Charisma // Authority] -EuroGamer Spain Preview
    Ferdinand [??? // ???]
    Bernadetta [??? // ???]
    Caspar [Strength // Brawling] -Kotaku
    Petra [Dexterity // Riding] -Famitsu
    Linhardt [??? // ???]

Blue Lions

Dimitri [NA // NA] -Un-recruitable
    Dedue [NA // NA] -Un-recruitable
    Felix [??? // ???] *
    Mercedes [Magic // Bows] -RogersBase
    Ashe [Charisma // Lances] -ebunny.net FAQ
    Annette [Magic // Faith] -Vandal.net
    Sylvain [Charisma // Reason] -ebunny.net FAQ
    Ingrid [Dexterity // Flying] -Twitter: @EdragonXX

Golden Deer

Claude [NA // NA] -Un-recruitable
    Hilda [NA // NA] -Un-recruitable
    Lorenz [Charisma // Reason] -GameSpot
    Raphael [Strength // Armour] -JapanExpo
    Lysithea [Magic // Faith] -EuroGamer Spain E3
    Ignatz [??? // ???] **
    Marianne [Magic // Riding] - EuroGamer Spain Preview
    Leonie [Strength // Lances] -Famitsu

*Felix seems to be Swords as one of his demands, going off of his successful recruitment in the Japanese Overview video, but that's not definite.
    ** Going off of the Treehouse footage from E3 (where Ignatz was recruited) the Byleth there had high Strength, Dexterity, and Speed, and high Skill Ranks in Swords, Lances, Brawling, Authority, Armour. So his demands are likely among those.

Interesting note: Sylvain & Lorenz, and Lysithea & Annette ask for the same things.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I need a full voice actor/actress list too.

Though Mercedes' voice actress has locked her in for me for being the first playthough waifu/husbando.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I need a full voice actor/actress list too.

Though Mercedes' voice actress has locked her in for me for being the first playthough waifu/husbando.

This has a partial list, though not every character has their english VA listed and some may not be 100%

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/Fire-Emblem-Three-Houses/

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    A lot of the game's voice actors have spent all day yesterday revealing themselves on Twitter. And a few on Instagram.

Black Eagles (and Shamir)
    Blue Lions
    Golden Deer

Others

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Cristina Vee isn't Edelgard anymore?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    As much as I like Cristina Vee, Tara Platt aka the voice of Hrist Valkyrie and Mitsuru Kirijo is a great pick.

Christina's also been replaced in some upcoming Anime dubs. It might be because of personal or health reasons?

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Oh that list above has all the ones I care about.

The one thing we still don't know is the actual values needed though so it helps, but isn't yet a full answer.

But it looks like my full on melee damage swordmaster MC is going to need to study up in:

Dexterity, Riding, Charisma, Reason, Authority

To get the 3 that I want.

Definitely need to find out the values (and if the social rank with them has any effect on that) because there's a lot there that I don't wan any extra in besides exactly what I need.

Also why I think I'll need to play normal to use the grind maps just to get those ranks sadly.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited July 2019

The one thing we still don't know is the actual values needed though so it helps, but isn't yet a full answer.

But it looks like my full on melee damage swordmaster MC is going to need to study up in:

Definitely need to find out the values (and if the social rank with them has any effect on that) because there's a lot there that I don't wan any extra in besides exactly what I need.

Also why I think I'll need to play normal to use the grind maps just to get those ranks sadly.

Supposedly you need a B rank for the skills. Hopefully that can be lowered a bit with a higher support rank.

My male Byleth is definitely gonna have a hard time getting his Flying skill that high to recruit Ingrid, since I'll have to rely completely on getting lessons from other teachers.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    Ws0iNiS.png

It really does seem like you can recruit everyone except the leaders and their seconds. All the thirds' are recruitable.

• Options
    As much as I like Cristina Vee, Tara Platt aka the voice of Hrist Valkyrie and Mitsuru Kirijo is a great pick.

Christina's also been replaced in some upcoming Anime dubs. It might be because of personal or health reasons?

I believe she said that the voice director just decided to go in a different direction. (But I had seen some speculation that it might be related to projects refusing to use Union labour.)

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

Supposedly you need a B rank for the skills. Hopefully that can be lowered a bit with a higher support rank.

My male Byleth is definitely gonna have a hard time getting his Flying skill that high to recruit Ingrid, since I'll have to rely completely on getting lessons from other teachers.

Yea B-rank is probably gonna involve some grinding maps.

Normal mode here I come!

Hopefully if I just eschew using battalions completely and only use 7-8 characters max that will help balance out some of the extra strength so it won't be completely face roll.

See devs? This is why it's better to just allow players to switch difficulty on the fly. It allows people to enjoy your games more!

• Options
    A little trailer about the academy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kymq4y_PGIQ

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    That music overlay couldn't have been intentional, right?

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    I might also go for Leonie instead of Ingrid if getting a high Flying rank will be too difficult. She doesn't seem to be as perfectly built to be a Pegasus Knight like Ingrid is and I don't like her design that much, but at least she'll be much easier to recruit. Flayn might also be an option, though she seems more magic-oriented.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    What little we know of Flayn is that she's strong in Lances and Faith. Which would combo well with Riding into the Master Class of Holy Knight, but there has already been footage of her as a Pegasus Knight.

Other than Ingrid, the best choice might be Marianne. She has a Strength in Flying and a Budding Talent in Lances. (Magic and Riding is one of the more difficult recruiting demands, though, I think.)

//

Also, it looks like initial reports that Hubert/Dedue/Hilda were un-recruitable may be wrong, and they just have some extra hoops to jump through:

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    What little we know of Flayn is that she's strong in Lances and Faith. Which would combo well with Riding into the Master Class of Holy Knight, but there has already been footage of her as a Pegasus Knight.

Other than Ingrid, the best choice might be Marianne. She has a Strength in Flying and a Budding Talent in Lances. (Magic and Riding is one of the more difficult recruiting demands, though, I think.)

//

Also, it looks like initial reports that Hubert/Dedue/Hilda were un-recruitable may be wrong, and they just have some extra hoops to jump through:

Huh. Think it might be New Game+ hoops?

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Shops have apparently received copies of the game, and at least a couple have been incentivized to break the sell-date, so there are spoilers beginning to float around.

In the not-really-a-spoiler-but-useful-info column, the Certification Requirements/Class Skills for Master Classes:
    Mortal Savant: A Swords && B+ Reason
    Proficient: Swords && Reason
    Class Skills: Swordfaire, Blackmagicfaire

Gremory: A Reason && A Faith
    Proficient: Reason, Faith
    Class Skills: Black, Dark, and White Magic Uses x2

War Master: A Axes && A Brawling
    Proficient: Axes, Brawling
    Class Skills: Axefaire, Fistfaire, Critical +20

Falcon Knight: C Swords && A Lances && B+ Flying
    Proficient: Swords, Lances, Flying
    Class Skills: Canto, Lancefaire, Avoid +10

Wyvern Lord: C Lances && A Axes && A Flying
    Proficient: Lances, Axes, Flying
    Class Skills: Canto, Axefaire, Avoid +10

Great Knight: B+ Axes && A Armour && B+ Riding
    Proficient: Lances, Axes, Armour
    Class Skills: Canto, Lancefaire, Axefaire

Bow Knight: C Lances && A Bows && A Riding
    Proficient: Lances, Bows, Riding
    Class Skills: Canto, Bowfaire, Bow Range +2

Dark Knight: C Lances && B+ Reason && A Riding
    Proficient: Lances, Reason, Riding
    Class Skills: Canto, Blackmagicfaire, Darkmagicfaire

Holy Knight: C Lances && B+ Faith && A Riding
    Proficient: Lances, Faith, Riding
    Class Skills: Canto, Whitemagicfaire, Terrain Resistance

I also saw some footage with the Combat Art "Enclosure" returning from Shadows of Valentia so, as in that game, I'm going to be using a lot of Bow Knights.

//

As a followup to the Flayn possibilities (@Maz-) her Skills are now known. She is Strong in Lances and Faith, seems to start with a Neutral D in Flying, has Weaknesses in Armour and Riding (goodbye Holy Knight), and has a Talent in Reason.

//

Also, a chart of all Supports if anyone wants to plan who to recruit by knowing who has cross-house Supports.
    Link here.

Notables:
    • Ferdinand with three Golden Deer. (Makes sense - he's from Aegir which is near Leicester.)
    • Bernadetta with three Blue Lions.
    • Dorothea with three Blue Lions.
    • Petra with two Golden Deer, including Claude (power couple!)
    • Sylvain with every woman except Edelgard and Petra. (Plus Lorenz.)
    • Mercedes with three Deer.
    • Annette with three Deer (including Claude).
    • Ingrid with three Deer (including Claude).
    • Raphael with Dimitri.
    • Lysithea with three Lions and two Eagles (one of them Edelgard).
    • Marianne with three Lions (including Dimitri).
    • Hilda with three Lions.

Golden Deer are the chatty house.

As for School Staff/Knights of Seiros:
    • Seteth has 1 with Black Eagles, and 2 with Blue Lions and Golden Deer.
    • Flayn has 2 with Black Eagles, 4 with Blue Lions, and 2 with Golden Deer.
    • Hanneman has 4 with Black Eagles, 1 with Blue Lions, and 2 with Golden Deer.
    • Manuela has 3 with Black Eagles, and 1 with Blue Lions and Golden Deer.
    • Gilbert has has 0 with Black Eagles, 4 with Blue Lions, and 0 with Golden Deer.
    • Alois has 2 with Black Eagles and Blue Lions, and 1 with Golden Deer.
    • Catherine has 2 with Black Eagles, and 3 with Blue Lions and Golden Deer.
    • Shamir has 3 with Black Eagles, 1 with Blue Lions, and 4 with Golden Deer.
    • Cyril has 1 with Black Eagles, 2 with Blue Lions, and 4 with Golden Deer.

So if you're trying to spread them around in the playthroughs:
    Black Eagles: Hanneman, Manuela, and Alois.
    Blue Lions: Seteth, Flayn, Gilbert.
    Golden Deer: Catherine, Shamir, and Cyril

Ultimately... seems like more supports than can be unlocked in even three playthroughs.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    Yeah, I saw that status screen of Flayn as well. Seems to confirm that she definitely leans toward magic though, so I don't think she'll be that great as a Pegasus Knight. I think I'll eventually make her a Gremory.

Great news about Hilda though. I'll be using axes anyway since I'm aiming for the Hero class with Byleth, so I've at least got that part of her recruitment covered.

• Options
    The_InfidelThe_Infidel Registered User regular
    Pre-ordered....

What's the recommended setup for someone familiar with CRPGs but new to Fire Emblem. Hard, Classic? Seems like there's a lot of pre-planning required to make sure you hit prerequisites for classes, etc?

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Pre-ordered....

What's the recommended setup for someone familiar with CRPGs but new to Fire Emblem. Hard, Classic? Seems like there's a lot of pre-planning required to make sure you hit prerequisites for classes, etc?

Correct, Fire Emblem is about developing your characters both on and off the field, which will have affects on their combat capabilities. How you interact with them will determine how they develop and specialize. If you want to work towards building "optimum" builds for each unit in order to be able to tackle hard mode, you'll probably want to do a lot of reading up on wikis and/or a lot of save scumming. Especially if you're thinking of going Classic mode, where losing a unit means they literally die and can never be used again.

If you'd rather just adopt a "take it as it comes" approach, wherein you can learn to be ok with a unit not having an optimal build, and don't mind losing a unit or two during battle, (which is my preference on a first playthrough), I recommend Casual Mode, Normal difficulty. As new game + has been confirmed, you can always up the difficulty and work to optimize better on a second playthrough

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Pre-ordered....

Correct, Fire Emblem is about developing your characters both on and off the field, which will have affects on their combat capabilities. How you interact with them will determine how they develop and specialize. If you want to work towards building "optimum" builds for each unit in order to be able to tackle hard mode, you'll probably want to do a lot of reading up on wikis and/or a lot of save scumming. Especially if you're thinking of going Classic mode, where losing a unit means they literally die and can never be used again.

If you'd rather just adopt a "take it as it comes" approach, wherein you can learn to be ok with a unit not having an optimal build, and don't mind losing a unit or two during battle, (which is my preference on a first playthrough), I recommend Casual Mode, Normal difficulty. As new game + has been confirmed, you can always up the difficulty and work to optimize better on a second playthrough

I'm curious about this. I played through Awakening and Fates without too much trouble, though I don't remember what difficulty. But I never sat down and made spreadsheets for either game. I let things unfold naturally, and while it was fun, I definitely had some characters that were a little... gimpy by the end of things.

I'd like to play this one on hard (not sure yet about casual/classic), and I'm trying to figure out some sweet spot that's close to going in blind without handicapping myself with suboptimal choices. Does anyone have any suggestions for concise overviews worth looking at? Everything I've seen has been piecemeal leaks, which is tough to synthesize for someone who's never really dug into the numbers for a FE game before.

rndmhero on
  • Options
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Pre-ordered....

I'm curious about this. I played through Awakening and Fates without too much trouble, though I don't remember what difficulty. But I never sat down and made spreadsheets for either game. I let things unfold naturally, and while it was fun, I definitely had some characters that were a little... gimpy by the end of things.

I'd like to play this one on hard (not sure yet about casual/classic), and I'm trying to figure out some sweet spot that's close to going in blind without handicapping myself with suboptimal choices. Does anyone have any suggestions for concise overviews worth looking at? Everything I've seen has been piecemeal leaks, which is tough to synthesize for someone who's never really dug into the numbers for a FE game before.

Well, the game isn't out yet, so you're not really gonna find any complete guides yet. Serenes Forest has a pretty decent overview of all that's known so far, including the skill levels and strengths for most characters. There are also the recruitment requirements known so far that LordSolarMacharius posted at the top of this page.

• Options
    Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    rndmhero wrote: »
    Pre-ordered....

Last game I put any serious thought into was Fates. I didn't go so far into making spreadsheets, but boy oh boy did I have to give a lot of thought to the offspring. (Eugenics ahoy!). My first playthrough was on Classic mode, normal difficulty. I did lose 2 or 3 units along the way, as I recall, and decided to be ok with it. Fates in particular has so many characters in it that you can absolutely afford to leave some behind. By the late game, some of my offspring characters were crazy powerhouses.

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Put my pre-order in, pretty pumped. I've always wanted to try a FE game but never had a 3DS.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    I'm avoiding all the info about mechanics, story, whatever. Just gonna play on default settings, pick Black Eagles, and see where things fall. Really excited though! Been so long since a home console fire emblem release.

• Options
    A note on the Dancer class in Three Houses:
    Guys can be Dancers:

1563745393542.jpg

• Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    Grabbed the first DLC for this and being able to "grind" somewhere is helping so much (it seems you are level gated at some point, so I'm just trying to get everyone at about level 10, especially the ones who I think will be incredibly useful but who start out kind of low - like Sumia).

I'm also guessing at some point I'm going to find out why Donnel's LUCK is so godly. I got a sword that drops bullion on kill based on LUCK skill, but Donnel can't use em. . .yet?

"Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    A note on the Dancer class in Three Houses:
    Guys can be Dancers:

1563745393542.jpg

He looks like he's about to stab Caesar a dozen times.

• Options
    Well, it's the Monday of release week. Time to start obsessively checking my e-mails for shipping confirmations. I've actually ordered two copies of the collector's edition from two separate stores. Both of those stores recently fucked up orders of mine, so I figured by doing this I'll probably get at least one copy on Friday (or perhaps even on Thursday, if I'm lucky). If both copies arrive on the same day, I will pit them against each other in single combat for the honor of being played by me, and send the other one back.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    So have you guys seen the awesome feature that for some reason hadn't really been mentioned until the other day?

You can play the game down at ground level in 3rd person. Totally not for everyone but I am basically going to play the whole game like this.

It is SO COOL looking.

Check this shit out

Some character appearance spoilers below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Seu8VU2aTO8

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Warning that the above video includes the post-timeskip look for all of the Golden Deer students, if anyone was avoiding knowing about them.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    Thanks for that! I will update.

I legit didn't even notice.

• Options
    Now to find a male that's good in Authority, Swords, and Reason Magic...

• Options
    I'm going to spend way too long playing the lowest level grind map with my MC on horse with a battalion just murderizing everything by himself to get the characters I want.

Despite the fact that my MC is going to be a swordmaster who definitely doesn't use a battalion.

I really want to see the full list of required stat values for recruitment.

• Options
    edited July 2019

Ignatz!

Also, if anyone wants to get a look at the Black Eagles post timeskip:

Really. You might want to wait and be surprised.
    1563798930216.jpg

Linhardt looks very feminine, Ferdinand has gone Fabio, Dorothea lost her hat, Hubert is looking a little witch-boy, Bernadetta combed her hair, Caspar got swole, and Petra is... less Celtic tribal and more African?

//

The best I can figure from the Treehouse footage, their Byleth looked like this:
    • Str 27
    • Mag 11
    • Dex 15
    • Spd 18
    • Lck 13
    • Def 9
    • Res 7
    • Cha 12

With Skill ranks:
    • Swords == C+
    • Lances << D+
    • Axes == E
    • Bows == E
    • Brawling >> E
    • Reason == E
    • Faith == E
    • Authority == B
    • Armour >> E
    • Riding << D
    • Flying == E

It's now out that Ignatz takes Dexterity and Authority, and Byleth's Dex is only 15 so that's not too bad of a requirement.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    edited July 2019

Oh no!
    They all got hot!
    Even Hubert. In a suave vampire kind of way.

Truly the most unexpected of twists.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    Petra..
    Continues to be my fav of the female characters. Her and Dorothea were my favs pre timeskip. Petra's timeskip is better though.

• Options

Ignatz!

Really. You might want to wait and be surprised.
    1563798930216.jpg

Linhardt looks very feminine, Ferdinand has gone Fabio, Dorothea lost her hat, Hubert is looking a little witch-boy, Bernadetta combed her hair, Caspar got swole, and Petra is... less Celtic tribal and more African?

//

The best I can figure from the Treehouse footage, their Byleth looked like this:
    • Str 27
    • Mag 11
    • Dex 15
    • Spd 18
    • Lck 13
    • Def 9
    • Res 7
    • Cha 12

With Skill ranks:
    • Swords == C+
    • Lances << D+
    • Axes == E
    • Bows == E
    • Brawling >> E
    • Reason == E
    • Faith == E
    • Authority == B
    • Armour >> E
    • Riding << D
    • Flying == E

It's now out that Ignatz takes Dexterity and Authority, and Byleth's Dex is only 15 so that's not too bad of a requirement.

Ah cool! I wonder if it's the same for all stats v skills.

15 for a stats and B for skill?

The B for skill will deffo be the harder part since the ranks have + and - levels as well.

• Options
    Someone better post an image of the adult other two houses so I can decide.

This discussion has been closed.