As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MCU] Nevermind, just a case of the ol' ALF method.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    If Deadpool tries to say fuck in a Spider-Man movie, it should immediately cut to the credits. That's their thing.
    Have it happen in act 2, and make the entire last act the post-credits scene.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Stempy wrote: »
    Bogart wrote: »
    Deadpool breaking the fourth wall is going to be difficult to make work without killing someone else’s movie stone dead.

I imagine the best way to do this would be the first time Deadpool starts talking to the audience you immediately cut to the point of view of another character who sees him just talking to thin air and just assumes he’s crazy.

I was thinking something similar. In not Deadpool movies his witty asides don't play to the camera, they are told to a random direction that is not the camera. Things don't stop to let them play. People just think he's weird as fuck/ignore him.

I'd have to see a scene shot this way to tell if it works. It is exactly the sort of thing that conceptually works but may not play in actual film. The real trick is going to be making it look like you're not giving him focus while still making his actions/dialogue clear to the audience.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    'Pool and Peter could have a nice conversation about how Deadpool is from a different universe, right up until Peter starts to get that Deadpool isn't talking about the same thing he is. Then he does that look like when he was discussing Footloose with Quill.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Make Deadpool’s one “fuck” be like that rom-com kiss trope, meaning as much as the couple tries to kiss, it doesn’t happen until the end because the plot keeps interrupting them. Have Deadpool almost say fuck throughout the movie, but it keeps getting cut off. By the end, he lampshades that since the movie is over, it’s time for his one Fu- whoops, guess it was interrupted.

Then Deadpool gets frustrated and wanders off screen, followed by an exasperated “fuck it!”

Fade to black.

Even better, put the one fuck in the stinger after the credits for maximum troll.

Mild Confusion on
    steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Wait wha

• Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    uh

that seems like a lot of goddamn marvel movies for one year

aren't they a little concerned about burning people out? I already am a bit burned out!

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    The D+ shows are part of the 10.

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The D+ shows are part of the 10.

Yeah, seems like the ones with dates are movies and the ones with 'summer' or whatnot are shows.

• Options
    They’re 3 deep, and I’m already doing the Frymoney.jpg.

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »

Disappointed the Stranger Things girl rumor was not accurate on this one.

• Options
    Full title in spoilers

Shang Chi and the
    Legend of the 10 Rings

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Full title in spoilers

Shang Chi and the
    Legend of the 10 Rings

Going full backpedal on
    the Mandarin

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Dr Strange gets the “Avengers” release day (early May) in 2021

Full Title
    Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Doctor Detroit on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Full title in spoilers

Shang Chi and the
    Legend of the 10 Rings

Going full backpedal on
    the Mandarin
    They already did that in All Hail the King.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Did they just skip talking about Black Widow?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Jeffrey Wright is a good, good pull for that.

• Options
  • Options
    Thompson says as new king she needs to find her queen.

Fucking in. I may skip all trailers for this.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Yeah, the "What if" comics could offer up some tremendously soul-crushing and amusing scenarios.

I think I had a "What if" issue of Magneto, Iron Man, Colossus, and Dr. Doom all riding in an elevator together, but it also had an extended sequence about Franklin Richards having to save the world from the life-sucking energy parasite from another dimension that "ate" the entire FF4... while posing as his baby sister and he spends the whole time telling adults it's her but nobody will believe him except Dr. Doom who comes to help him. The final shot is him standing in front of the portal he just blasted his not-sister through, with his entire family dead and him alone in the world.

What the fuck, Marvel.

But the flip side is the same issue ends with a story about the baby sister being born normally and she turns out to be a mutant who can heal people, and who ends up making the entire world a better place by dedicating her life to helping everyone.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    Holy shit!

Thor...
    Portman back as Jane Thor

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    BIG THOR SPOILERS

Who is that?

Edit: Answered above, wasn't sure, holy shit!

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular

It looks like it is made up of other logos.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Thor spoilers
    Not keen about Portman, but the movie title is fucking "Love and Thunder".

I can be extremely happy with Portman coming back and getting to be awesome instead of a trailing annoying appendage, with a movie title like that. Maybe this time around they'll give her something to work with.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    BIG THOR SPOILERS

Who is that?
    Natalie Portman, AKA Jane Foster

AKA Lady Thor

• Options
    (sidenote, in my statement, I am not one of those people.

Comic Internet is going to be insufferable, though)

• Options
    Good god, what if they just go full rom-com with Thor 4?

PLEASE DO THIS, MARVEL.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    (sidenote, in my statement, I am not one of those people.

Comic Internet is going to be insufferable, though)

Isn't that just its default state?

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Thor spoilers
    Not keen about Portman, but the movie title is fucking "Love and Thunder".

I can be extremely happy with Portman coming back and getting to be awesome instead of a trailing annoying appendage, with a movie title like that. Maybe this time around they'll give her something to work with.

Portman kinda got sold a false bill of goods.

-Thor 1 - Superhero movie, but Anthony Hopkins and an acclaimed Shakespeare experienced director!

-Thor 2 - Glad we signed you up right away, cause this one's hot dogshit!

-Thor 3 - Oh sorry you bailed, this one's actually interesting and fun

Like I can almost guaranteed she bailed before Taika Waititi got attached

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Also I stand by my prediction that one of these is Fantastic 4 and will double down and say that it's the Secret Spring 2020 one

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Yeah that Thor reveal is annoying me for a different reason:
    the Jane Foster Thor, whatever (the comic run ended on a dud though), it's that Portman is coming back when she clearly didn't want to be there when they were building the whole thing up, but now that it's a consistent billy per film franchise she wants to come back? Nah fam. Couldn't you have gotten like, Lily James?

The only movie that really interests me so far is Shang Chi, and Eternals is just movie I do not care at all about.

Also, I didn't realize it was Comic-Con weekend, that's a chop on me.

• Options
    RedTide wrote: »
    Also I stand by my prediction that one of these is Fantastic 4 and will double down and say that it's the Secret Spring 2020 one

You mean Black Widow?

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Did they just skip talking about Black Widow?

Is this being streamed somewhere? I'm seeing Marvel announcing it on Facebook with everything else, mostly just a date, but I'm way behind and catching up as quickly as I can.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Yeah that Thor reveal is annoying me for a different reason:
    the Jane Foster Thor, whatever (the comic run ended on a dud though), it's that Portman is coming back when she clearly didn't want to be there when they were building the whole thing up, but now that it's a consistent billy per film franchise she wants to come back? Nah fam. Couldn't you have gotten like, Lily James?

The only movie that really interests me so far is Shang Chi, and Eternals is just movie I do not care at all about.

Also, I didn't realize it was Comic-Con weekend, that's a chop on me.

Her role in the second movie was literally to be asleep the whole time man. They didnt make good use of an actor so she bailed for movies that would let her do stuff. No need to frame it like she did something wrong.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
This discussion has been closed.