As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

10 minutes is too long to not have a [MOVIES] thread

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I remembered why this Cats thing has been fucking with me

The face and hands remind me of this

https://youtu.be/n4PR9NZlAB4

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    reminds me of salad fingers

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I just finished up Bad Times at the El Royale and holy shit

What a fucking movie

A murderers row of actors just giving performances

Jesus Christ what a movie

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Its really good! There's not a bad performance in it!

CYpGAPn.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I am at that like "Oh dang, Cynthia Erivo did a one night performance of The Last Five Years in 2016, well, I clearly fucked up what I'm doing with my life by missing that one" level right now.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    butwhy.gif

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Somehow this is far less unsettling than the actual version. I think it's the moustache.

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I mean, I'd take Nick Offerman's spikey cat dick willingly

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I mean, I'd take Nick Offerman's spikey cat dick willingly

New catch phrase?

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    God damn it tynic beat me by 15 minutes.

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I remembered why this Cats thing has been fucking with me

The face and hands remind me of this

https://youtu.be/n4PR9NZlAB4

Oh my I do not like this no sir I do not

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Also I keep saying "Rum Tum Tigger" in my head and I hate it. It's like how you get hung up on a song but instead it's the stupid, stupid name of a stupid, stupid sexy cat someone shoot me please

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2019
    you think that's bad, I've had "Magical Mr Mistoffelees" stuck in my head for 25 years.

Not the whole song. Just that one stupid line.

tynic on
    I just watched the 2018 Robin Hood

And honestly, while it completely fell apart, there are a lot of really interesting ideas there

The Gulf War styling of the Crusades felt really relevant, and I could see it as being kind of tasteless, it worked for me

There's some cultural mythology at work in that movie that I'm not entirely sure is intentional, but I find absolutely fascinating

• BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    There was another Robin Hood movie?

vmn6rftb232b.png
    Yeah, it was sort of a modern aesthetic thing - influenced kind of by like Arrow, and with very modern styled archery. But parts of it play politically aware in a modern sense as well. I think it had some weak points regarding the church that undermined the fault of the state, personally.

Anyways, point is, it's on HBO right now, if you want to watch it. I don't make any promises that anyone else will get what I got from it, but I'm weirdly attached to Robin Hood mythology.

Aah, gotcha. I might check it out, I've always been decently fond of Robin Hood reimaginings. I went through a phase back in high school where I went looking for as many decently entertaining Robin Hood-esque fantasy books as I could find.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    Hello Cats thread, I have a confession to make.

I found the Lion King trailer more visually disturbing than the Cats trailer, and I find myself desperately wanting to hang out with that Idris Elba cat. Like, I want to go on adventures with him like Finn and Jake.

• miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i caved and watched the trailer

jesus FUCKING christ

nothing about it is okay

uc3ufTB.png
    i caved and watched the trailer

jesus FUCKING christ

nothing about it is okay

You mean because everything about it is far more substantial than okay, in myriad ways.

Embrace the Cats hype, misc. Join us. Ready yourself for the jellicle ball.

vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

And honestly, while it completely fell apart, there are a lot of really interesting ideas there

The Gulf War styling of the Crusades felt really relevant, and I could see it as being kind of tasteless, it worked for me

There's some cultural mythology at work in that movie that I'm not entirely sure is intentional, but I find absolutely fascinating

Yeah, it was a car crash, but at the same time it felt so earnest I kind of loved the movie. And yeah, the bow and arrow stuff was kind of silly, but we’ve seen bow and arrow stuff before, at least they were doing different stuff with the action scenes.

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I'm not interested in Cats but I am happy that they've made it so weird and bizarre and I hope it starts a trend of more bonkers big budget films.

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I hope the thunderous horror of Cats echoes through the ages

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I hope this makes them make thunder cats the movie.

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    If they can adapt the tech for dogs, we can finally get the big screen treatment of Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds

Also Road Rovers

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    How did Jason Derulo get into Cats

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    How did Jason Derulo get into Cats

He's a singer and a dancer?

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    y'all ever just spend a while thinking about Joe Pantoliano?

6F32U1X.png
    nope

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

I don't believe you

6F32U1X.png
    Are you calling me a liar

when it comes to Joey Pants, yes

6F32U1X.png
    You unbelievable villain I will never forget this

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Whenever you are not thinking about Joey Pants the question in your head should be "why am i not thinking about Joey Pants?"

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    I'm not interested in Cats but I am happy that they've made it so weird and bizarre and I hope it starts a trend of more bonkers big budget films.

I love that everyone spent half the year talking about Detective Pikachu in much the same way everyone will spend the next half year talking about Cats.

i.e., best movie ever, we can cancel cinema after this, more excited for this than [blockbuster everyone is excited for], how does something so bizarre and audacious exist, etc.

• 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular

I forgot about this movie completely! That’s a good looking trailer. Hopefully it comes out here.

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Put Joey Pants in Cats

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

Yeah. I liked what they seemed to be going for, and even wish they leaned in harder with the modern sensibilities. Ultimately it's just a biiiit too boring to be good.

And I think Taron Egerton isn't everybody's cup of tea, but I love him. Actually, I recently watched Eddie the Eagle and liked that quite a bit. Very much a "feel good" movie.

Unfortunately that then turned to me watching last year's Terminal (which I spotted while looking up where I knew Eddie the Eagle and Rocketman director Dexter Fletcher from). And I figured, hey, Dexter Fletcher, Margot Robbie, and Simon Pegg. That sounds pretty good. I even don't mind Mike Myers' modern shtik in small doses. (It was fucking terrible.)

This discussion has been closed.