As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

QUILTBAG: It’s Pride Time

• BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Sterica wrote: »
    People act like we turn into hissing demons that will sic the cops on you for even mistakenly using the wrong pronouns, but I cannot keep track of how many times I’ve let it slide just because it’s not worth the potential hassle over a thirty-second conversation with a stranger.

Sorry, I hope I didn't come across that way. I just know how fraught this topic can be, and also sometimes there are people who just don't conform to the cultural expectations of the gender they identify as.

Sometimes All the times I just wish we all spoke Marain or something, where the concept of gender just didn't exist.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    I had a dream last night where, despite my status is a 30-something adult, I had been assigned foster parents. They were immediately accepting and using my proper name and pronouns flawlessly. The father was kind and effervescent. The mother was someone I can feel comfortable around. They understood I had been through a lot of pain and just wanted to give me a place to be safe. Was actually pretty emotional and kind of fucked me up? Considering how I feel about my parents these days I'm not too surprised this dream happened...

I haven't really talked to my parents since the 2016 election, and sometimes I'll have dreams about them, sometimes where things are good, sometimes where things are bad. It's gotten to the point now where if I'm hanging out with my parents, and we're getting along, that that's enough for me to realize I'm dreaming. Zombies in dreams don't surprise me. My parents and I are together and not arguing? Clearly I'm in a false reality.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    the letter is F

liEt3nH.png
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    F to pay respects <3

vRyue2p.png
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I'm at Comic Con this weekend and there's so much gay shit just out there and I love it

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I'd really like to move to a gayer place

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    it's possible, you know

• LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i'm not giving up yet, but gosh it's a bit hard to find a counseling place that can accommodate the fact that I work a 9-5:30 job

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Erin did you have to have your surgery before you could change the marker on your license, or is that just coincidental timing?

Whippy wrote: »
    it's possible, you know

I eventually want to but I unfortunately lack the money due to family things and it costs a lot of energy to just keep my head above the water. Hopefully I can start hormones on 11 September and I'll be in a much better place emotionally (won't get that date tattooed though)

I haven't talked about this before because I was afraid some people would view this unkindly but I actually had this idea of moving to the UK before the Brexit referendum happened - because I like the UK a whole lot and I'm fluent in English (I also speak French but not at a "go to the doctor" level)

I really hope I'll feel better once hormones are sorted out, I was in fact kinda scared to be shackled to a specific clinic on top of all the other things but right now I feel I can sort things out once the need arises

I also thought about moving to Germany (where I lived for a couple of years) to get care but somehow things are even worse there because Germany loves rules

They also have this sort of two-faced culture where real or faked concern for intersex people is used to delegitimize trans people (the rules are built around the concept of "physical" vs. "psychological" causes and a lot of doctors will "only treat intersex")

• Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Pardon my ignorance but this is something I've been confused about. The state I was born in requires "a medical certification of appropriate clinical treatment for gender transition in the form of an original letter from a licensed physician" in order to change a birth certificate. But I'm wondering what "appropriate clinical treatment of gender transition" entails, legally. I'm on HRT... does that count?

Curly_Brace on
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Erin did you have to have your surgery before you could change the marker on your license, or is that just coincidental timing?

Louisiana requires you have "completed transition" (get the surgery) before they'll change anything. I have the letter and am going to head to the DMV shortly to see if they try and dick me around any further on things.

• pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    Pardon my ignorance but this is something I've been confused about. The state I was born in requires "a medical certification of appropriate clinical treatment for gender transition in the form of an original letter from a licensed physician" in order to change a birth certificate. But I'm wondering what "appropriate clinical treatment of gender transition" entails, legally. I'm on HRT... does that count?

Whoever it is who prescribes you the HRT might be able to tell you? They've probably been asked before at least.

• InfamyDeferredInfamyDeferred Registered User regular
    edited July 2019

Usually HRT is enough for that language. States looking for more usually include "permanent changes" in their requirements.

InfamyDeferred on
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    This conversation has led me down the rabbit hole to find a little talked about option in Michigan where you can get a court order of gender designation.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular

It's gonna vary from state to state, but when I got my driver's license and passport gender markers changed that was the language used and I just needed a letter from my doctor saying I was on hrt, so you're probably good.

With this stuff my advice is to just assume it's good enough, get the letter and just go for it. Faked confidence and insistance that you have the right paperwork can get you pretty far in bureaucracy

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular

Louisiana requires you have "completed transition" (get the surgery) before they'll change anything. I have the letter and am going to head to the DMV shortly to see if they try and dick me around any further on things.

That sucks. Glad you've got through the hoops though.

The letter worked and now I have an F on there like it's supposed to be and the picture is awful and it is all as it should be.

DMV cameras are so goddamn bad

• Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular

That is madness.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Fleur de AlysFleur de Alys Biohacker Registered User regular
    My state is the same. It's currently being sued over it by the ACLU (I should check to see if there have been updates actually).

Because that might get me to leave the state. I haven't even decided yet if I'm having it done, and I don't want to be in the position of doing it just because of the license.

Triptycho: A card-and-dice tabletop indie RPG currently in development and playtesting
    In the UK it's a bit of a crapshoot depending on who you get processing your form. I just sent in a name change and they automatically updated my gender (we don't have F or M on our licenses, but women get a Ms/Miss/Mrs before their name while men don't get any title, lol) But I've heard of other people who were refused a change unless they provided a letter from a doctor or something. The rules are so vague and nobody really knows them.

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    In DC for your license gender you just need to fill out a self-designation form (although changing other stuff will require a doctor's note)

Now that I have my name change court order documents, I can go to the dmv whenever and do that, but I haven't yet. I've been thinking if maybe I'd rather put an X on there instead of an M, since apparently that's an option? I'd kind of rather.

Although I use male pronouns at work, that's not actually my identity, exactly, and in general my identity isn't anyone's business, and it would be nice if my license reflected that view (what are my pronouns? how about you fuck off)

oops wait did we just say above that trans people are friendly and don't mind if someone asks hah well

I mean I don't actually respond with hostility if people ask and I appreciate that they're trying to be respectful but also I hate answering

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Not much good coming out of this bollocks, but at least the C&D letters are first class

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Heya all,

https://hackinginquiry.eaction.org.uk/transphobiainthepress

If any of you with a valid UK postcode could sign this open letter you would doing a really cool/nice thing for today. 8-)
    In the UK it's a bit of a crapshoot depending on who you get processing your form. I just sent in a name change and they automatically updated my gender (we don't have F or M on our licenses, but women get a Ms/Miss/Mrs before their name while men don't get any title, lol) But I've heard of other people who were refused a change unless they provided a letter from a doctor or something. The rules are so vague and nobody really knows them.
    Yeah I (after a lot of effort) have an (F) on my passport. I had to educate my GP about how the process was supposed to work. Don't have a driver's licence, sooo...

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Been a while since a selfie and since I am at 5 months HRT tomorrow here's one:

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I made it back home! I'm alive and up and moving around and like...doing shit around the house. Today I cleaned up the living room and dining room and bedroom and did the laundry and dishes!

Like the day I woke up after being re-surgeried I was getting up and walking around. Took laps around the nurse's area. I even walked the forever distance to the car in the parking garage and carried our bags and stuff!

Raaaaar I'm invincible
    The full and mighty power of your floof has now been unleashed upon this world! :D

I wouldn't have carried the bags though (unless they were really light), I've heard of too many cases of prolapse (eeek :bigfrown: ) happening; but YMMVV (Your mileage may vary vaginally). :P

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Went and had coffee at my folks' place today. Chatted with Dad about their recent trip to Israel and Malta, and RPG stuff, and some other fun things. I get along with Dad as well as usual, still.

Then I chatted with Mum for a while in an attempt to trying and bury the hatchet over stuff for the first time in like a year and a half.

It went... Poorly.

So instead of talking about that further here's a photo of Daeg in my rainbow scarf.

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Fuck... That cat has got it going on

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »
    Went and had coffee at my folks' place today. Chatted with Dad about their recent trip to Israel and Malta, and RPG stuff, and some other fun things. I get along with Dad as well as usual, still.

Then I chatted with Mum for a while in an attempt to trying and bury the hatchet over stuff for the first time in like a year and a half.

It went... Poorly.

So instead of talking about that further here's a photo of Daeg in my rainbow scarf.

:bro:

Fly-ass cat tho, like damn

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I can personally vouch for Daeg being a very good cat indeed.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    So i've got the next 2 weeks off of work

every monday morning a community group gets together at the community center for crafting together, and doing workshops. And because it's Mondays I haven't been able to go cause, you know, working.

But today. I'm going to try and go today.

I'm so nervous/anxious right now I could vomit.

I know that once I get there I'll be fine

I just need to get myself out the door.......

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    OMG it was lovely.

Just a good bunch of ladies, varying ages, getting together to do things. Today we had a demo of making coldpressed soap and also some bath bombs. And you could either join in and help/watch or you could just sit and work on your own thing and enjoy the fellowship.

And then afterwards, they all relocate to the mall for lunch, but I had to go do other errands. But yay! I forced myself out of the house and actually did something!

• Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular

Saw this being shared around a bit and thought it might give some folks in here a smile

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
    last electrolysis appointment today. took my last estrogen ten days ago.(hooboy these mood swings.) haven't smoked since the 9th. surgery on the 2nd. still feels...not real. still secretly think it's going to get pulled away from me at the last minute. no, says the man at the insurance company

• StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Oh god I forgot you had to go off hormones before surgery.

YL9WnCY.png
    let me tell you as someone with a whole passel of acronym mental disorders it's ain't great

i know there's actual medical reasons for it but it really feels ironic having to go off the thing that stops the thing from happening so you can get rid of the thing that makes the thing happen

• credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

Saw this being shared around a bit and thought it might give some folks in here a smile

This was an emotional and worthwhile video! I'm really glad that artist created it.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
This discussion has been closed.