As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DC Thread! Streaming Service is live! Aquaman out in December! Comics, I guess!

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    The Snyder Cut stuff is the funnest joke in the world

• Options
    edited July 2019
    It's got two punchlines and they're both funny

1) There is no Snyder Cut, because why would there be a whole separate cut of a movie that's essentially just an entire movie in and of itself

2) There is a Snyder Cut, and it's bad, because it's a Zach Snyder DC movie and so of course it's bad

Etchwarts on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    #2: If it does exist, and it gets released, not a one of them will admit this.
    Like, if it was food, you could set it before them and half will take a bite, gag, and then choke the rest of it down, forcing big fake smiles and a strained "delicious!"
    Meanwhile, the other half - the ones with no taste buds at all - would be too busy shoveling the garbage down their gullets to say anything.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Also because a lot of the people that want a cut are Snyder fans and already genuinely think his work is good

• Options
    yeah, that's the 2(b) above. :P

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    The Snyder cut people are doing good work in the world, putting food on the table of the family of a small airplane pilot

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Tom King won Best Writer at this year's Eisner

And Mitch Gerads won Best Penciler!

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Per Deadline, Brandon Routh will be reprising his role as Superman as part of the Arrowverse Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover

I'm excited simply for the dialogue that will occur between him, Melissa Benoist, and Rory.
    I'm really interested in whether it's going to be Superman, or just Ray in a Superman suit and very confused.

sig.gif
  • Options
    The next two DC Animated Movies, following this year's Hush adaptation, got announced. Superman: Red Son and Superman: Man of Tomorrow.

The former is an adaptation of the comic and the latter is an original story set in Superman's early days

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Sorce wrote: »
    Per Deadline, Brandon Routh will be reprising his role as Superman as part of the Arrowverse Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover

I'm excited simply for the dialogue that will occur between him, Melissa Benoist, and Rory.
    I'm really interested in whether it's going to be Superman, or just Ray in a Superman suit and very confused.

"Why me?"
    "Look, Clark's... not available right now, so you're the closest thing we've got. It'll be fine! Just keep smiling!"
    *deeply skeptical look*
    "... you're not smiling."

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

It's said he's playing Superman, not just a joke with him in the costume

• Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular

It's said he's playing Superman, not just a joke with him in the costume

I read on one article, I don't know how valid it is or have the link, but it said he'll be playing an "older somewhat kingdom come-like Superman"

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    Fuckin Burt Ward has been confirmed for the Batwoman portions of Crisis of Infinite Earths

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I assume it is what the director is asking for but Jason O'Mara's work in these animated films is awful. It comes across as entirely one note, there is little to no humanity in the performance. I'm 22 minutes into Hush and it's getting really distracting.

It's a shame because some of the combat animation is really good here.

EDIT: It's weird because every other voice seems the complete opposite. There's nothing spectacular, except maybe Damien insisting his father use protection with Catwoman and cover his drink.

AlphaRomero on
  • Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    OMG. Batman and Catwoman just had sex. She's all "I don't know if it was worth the wait, because I don't like to wait, but it was"

And in the flattest possible tone, Batman responds "I feel the same", like he's humouring the guy at the water cooler about his political views. It's so bad it's actively hurting the film for me.

• Options
    Brandon Routh isn't just playing Superman in CoIE

He is playing Kingdom Come Superman

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular

D_9IWHwWkAA_f80.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Mitch Gerads seemingly confirmed in a bunch of tweets that the new book he and Tom King are doing, that will likely be announced tomorrow, is Adam Strange.

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DOOM PATROL SEASON 2 CONFIRMED HELL YEEEEESSS

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin

....but kingdom come isn't good............................

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

....but kingdom come isn't good............................

Wait what? Is this where nerd sentiment is on kingdom come these days? I love that comic

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Nah Kingdom Come is still extremely well loved by and large

I don't think it is, like, an unassailable classic, but I like it a fair bit

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I reread it a few months ago, it's pretty decent, just way too heavy handed

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    kingdom come is weird to read outside its time period and what it is reacting to

not that it isn't still good as hell but reading it outside of PEAK NINETIES takes some of it away

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

i got everything i wanted today

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

I got up and danced in my apartment to no music to my cats looking at me confused.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Diedrich Bader is returning as Batman for the Harley Quinn animated series

Kaley Cuoco is Harley Quinn

The rest of the cast features Wanda Sykes, Alan Tudyk, Christopher Meloni, JB Smoove, Natalie Morales, Ron Funches, Jim Rash and more

Here's the first look

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBBvIyGqQYI

#HarleyQuinn is super violent and vulgar and funny and ridiculous. Dig it. Maybe the most F-bombs I've ever heard in a single half hour. Poison Ivy is my favorite character. @lakebell *crushes* that character. #DCUHarleyQuinn
    Wow. Just watched the #HarleyQuinn pilot at #SDCC and it’s not like anything we have ever seen. It’s absolutely hysterical. Violent, bloody, and the voice cast is great.

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Young Justice renewed for season four

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Look, it's been a while since I read Kingdom Come, but almost none of it worked for me. HOWEVER: it's neat that they're bringing it in for Crisis on Infinite Earths (though Brandon Routh seems way too young to pull off Kingdom Come Superman)

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
  • Options
    Adding Shaner into the mix is some goooood shit

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    So the collected edition for the next arc of Superman (where Jon joins the Legion) hit Amazon and contains a bit that hasn't been revealed yet

Superman is elected President of Earth

I am assuming this means he is elected as Earth's first representative in the founding body of the United Planets as Bendis has been building to that being founded since issue #1 rather than Superman being, like, actively in charge of everything but who knows!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    It may be something like how the Doctor (as of Ten, I believe) has been officially appointed as President of Earth, on the basis that when he shows up and announces himself, it's because the planet is facing some existential threat (again) that only he's really equipped to deal with and/or coordinate the response to.

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Make a adam strange movie starring adam Scott that is just indiana Jones in space

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Last night I finished the first season of The New Adventures of Lois and Clark.

Lex Luthor slowly (and secretly) corrupts and destroys every element of support in Lois Lane's life so that she will be pushed into accepting his marriage proposal.

Superman shows up just in time to watch as she eventually accepts it.

Superman's response? He flies all the way up to the arctic and just starts screaming so loudly the residents of Metropolis can hear him.

And then, surrounded only by ice, he cries.

Zonugal on
    Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

To my surprise I have discovered that I am so uncomfortable with the idea of the Joker as a sexual being that I find him getting hit in the groin kinda off-putting.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    I dunno, I liked it when Ivy kicked him there in BTAS "Harley and Ivy".

(pained falsetto) "Get 'em..."

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I mean, I can watch Harley kick the shit out of him all the live long day.

To the point way back when they first announced Suicide Squad, I assumed that would be the climax of the film

This discussion has been closed.