As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Car keeps turning over

MonaeJohn95MonaeJohn95 Registered User new member
Have a 2000 GMC Jimmy and the antifreeze cap had gotten loose getting antifreeze over everything under hood making ng car smoke and stop. Replaced thermostat, distributor cap, rotor, spark plugs and temp sensor and still keeps turning over what other reason could be why car doesn't want to start completely?

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    The ignition coil?

• Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    Once the vehicle does start, does it restart fine? Or is it not starting at all?

Common failures if the vehicle absolutely will not start is the fuel pump/filter.
    Common failures for hard/long cranking when cold (but okay once it's started and warm) is fuel injectors.

As for the rad cap, try replacing it. If it keeps blowing off, you may have a head-gasket problem increasing the pressure in the cooling system and pushing the cap off. Will need a lot more information to suggest beyond that however.

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    Are you saying that the radiator ran dry and the engine seized when you say, "smoke and stop"?