As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    It occurs to me that Byleth's weapon and special seem to be referencing Divine Pulse (aka Mila's Turn wheel). The weapon basically allows her to avoid powerful attacks (guaranteed follow-ups, special charge boost) and work around guards and defenses (guard, wary fighter, etc) because she can see the future. Likewise the special works off enemy attack in a similar manner, being able to read their attacks and counter them.

Edit:

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    Hey, male Byleth probably has the same weapon. That's cool. Three Houses characters in general are very promising, but I don't have the attachment to them yet. Also I'm a little scared of IS dropping spoilers in their own game.

With this Omega bait banner going on, maybe they actually WILL make the Mythic banner super stacked. If they put Alm/Eir/Caineghis on colorless I'm going all in. Not gonna spend any orbs or tickets on 3H til I see that video.

Made it up to 175 orbs so far, which should be good for a few five stars on a legendary banner. On a 4 unit focus banner though... Could be not worth much.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Edelgard's got some nice bonuses when solo. Dimitri's got a neat weapon effect. Claude exists. Byleth is definitely silly and clearly there to counter meta nuisances.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Byleth's natural predator... Lukas! No need for gimmicks, just insane defense and low attack haha.

Acheron wrote: »
    Hey, male Byleth probably has the same weapon. That's cool. Three Houses characters in general are very promising, but I don't have the attachment to them yet. Also I'm a little scared of IS dropping spoilers in their own game.

With this Omega bait banner going on, maybe they actually WILL make the Mythic banner super stacked. If they put Alm/Eir/Caineghis on colorless I'm going all in. Not gonna spend any orbs or tickets on 3H til I see that video.

Made it up to 175 orbs so far, which should be good for a few five stars on a legendary banner. On a 4 unit focus banner though... Could be not worth much.

I'm pretty sure he has to. His sprite art shows him with the Sword of Creation, just like Female Byleth.. I can't imagine them making two different Swords of Creation :P He'll be a pretty powerful free hero if that is the case.

I'm assuming the Mythic banner with be Sothis for sure now. I forget where exactly we are with the seasonals - either still in New Years or moved on to Valentines. I honestly can't remember if Alm or Eir is supposed to be on this but I feel like Alm at least wasn't coming back until maybe August? I dunno.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Alm and Eir are already confirmed. Just don't know the third. I'd like a second Eir for AR, never had more than the free one.

Alm and Eir are already confirmed. Just don't know the third. I'd like a second Eir for AR, never had more than the free one.

Ah ok, I haven't been keeping track. Damn tho, that means I'm pulling colorless for sure :/ (rip wallet T_T) I need more Eir merges (weee points) and Alm is just way too good to not try to get more merges on. Caineghis does seem like a good bet - they've been doing the other beasts so it's around the time they should be getting to him.

Oooh damn, they announced MByleth on the Mythic banner and that he has DC. Sweet. I'm thinking I will give him wrath and flashing blade seal, assuming he has good speed. He will slap down so many meta threats.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Oooh damn, they announced MByleth on the Mythic banner and that he has DC. Sweet. I'm thinking I will give him wrath and flashing blade seal, assuming he has good speed. He will slap down so many meta threats.

Based on his skills he most definitely is speed focused

camo_sig.png
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Oh boy, another no-demote banner. Claude's the only one who could demote, but he's got a new skill. I wouldn't mind seeing a bow horse in the 4* pool eventually, or at least the grail pool, but obviously they're strong so it's a tightrope to walk.

Had a low key weekend so I decided to get needlessly competitive in Rokkr Sieges over a few hundred feathers. Sitting at like 1.8 million now lol. Every time it was Arden, I unleashed my +10 Clair with triangle adept and guard and Astra. Would get a guaranteed 200k points for that. Ike and Black Knight with Aether would bully Sue and Sonya. Brave Hector was annoying with bold fighter.

• Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    This summer banner has been brutal. Pitybreaker Nailah is good, but I haven't gotten Lyn or Lilina yet. And to top it off my 3*/4* pulls have been godawful. Not a single Caeda or Palla, when either one would be almost as good as a 5* to me, it's Raigh, Sophia, and Peri all the way down.

edited July 2019
    Oh boy, another no-demote banner. Claude's the only one who could demote, but he's got a new skill. I wouldn't mind seeing a bow horse in the 4* pool eventually, or at least the grail pool, but obviously they're strong so it's a tightrope to walk.

They've demoted new skills before. I wanna say Reyson had a new skill too? (Fortify Beasts? edit: yup, that was it. He also has Steady Posture which was new..) And I know Darting Stance was new when Shigure was demoted. It's hard to say if they *will* though.

Also OMG NEW CASTLE DESIGNSSSSSSSSS... I am way too excited about this :P

Edit: Also:
    https://fireemblem.gamepress.gg/feh-content-update-072119-three-houses

Warlock82 on
    edited July 2019
    https://youtu.be/K3JO2fWD_1Y

Edit: Oh wow, Brady got demoted! Atk/Res Push and Infantry Rush... Some decent new tools to play with

Edit 2: Oh snap!

FINALLY after three effin years they make an English Twitter account.

Warlock82 on
    Bit unnerving that story mode Edelgard just walked up and killed my 40 defense +6 LIke. Visceral experience of power creep.

Bit unnerving that story mode Edelgard just walked up and killed my 40 defense +6 LIke. Visceral experience of power creep.

Yeah last Lunatic story map was no joke. I had to swap to a different team than I usually use to clear those because my normal team just got totally rekt

• KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    I just used one of the hundreds of Light's Blessings I have.

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Got two Edelgards in back to back sessions, one of which was neutral. Also picked up literal back to back Bradys. Also a Claude. All in the span of about 100 orbs and the forging bonds tickets.

Merged the Edels, gave her smite and fierce stance seal. She's a terror when she stands alone.

Makes up for my terrible luck fishing for summer Laegjarn. With the bonus that Edelgard's statline actually is good and complements her kit. Laegjarn can't hit for shit and I regret every dollar I spent.

Delzhand on
    Theory on story trailer:
    Awhile back I linked this video I found:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUJYxdlSIOY

Assuming that theory is true, this could explain what Hel is doing. Assuming all the souls of alternate Askr/Embla are inside the heart (i.e. probably Eir) and Hel cannot raise them, maybe she's figured out a way to at least exchange them for our world's Askr/Embla souls. This weakens the Heart and also fools alternate Alfonse (and obviously, Veronica) into helping her kill stuff. We already know she was killing Eir over and over to snuff out all the lives that were inside her, so maybe that is related to this.

It's hard to say specifics without knowing more details but I feel like it might be something along these lines...

I spent 13 orbs plus all tickets and got jack shit. Not too surprising with the odds on the 4 unit focuses. I'd like to get Edelgard, but not a must have yet. Need to see if I like her in 3H.

Saving for Eir/Alm again!

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Got Dimitri during my first round, nothing for my first ticket. Gonna try and get Edelgard and Byleth, but ideally without spending too many orbs since there's another new Heroes banner coming up soon that'll probably also be Three Houses, plus CYL3 shouldn't be too far away.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Byleth's hat looks great on everyone. Other accessories are meh.

Delzhand wrote: »
    Byleth's hat looks great on everyone. Other accessories are meh.

It's essentially Jotaro's hat.

Never made T21 arena before, but this week is my chance with +10 Hawkeye and +9 Naesala already part of my best 4. I can get nearly every bonus kill with them and score about 740 before bonuses.

I just got a 3758. So far so good, but it's a long week. Anyone know if that's typically enough to make it?

I'm down to 200 orbs, but I managed to get Byleth and Edelgard as well. Pretty happy overall with that banner.

• DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    The banner bequeathed to me through 5 full rounds...a 5* Brady ( :? ) and a M!Grima.

For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Never made T21 arena before, but this week is my chance with +10 Hawkeye and +9 Naesala already part of my best 4. I can get nearly every bonus kill with them and score about 740 before bonuses.

I just got a 3758. So far so good, but it's a long week. Anyone know if that's typically enough to make it?

I used to make it in around 3721 in the earlier days. I think two weeks ago I made it in with 3730 something.

• No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    I got Byleth on my second pull, Dimitri on a free ticket, and then a Kaiden after a few rounds of green sniping. I dunno if I'm going to keep hunting Edelgard or not.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
    Well I got Edelgard on my last free ticket. Guess this means I gotta choose her route in 3H on Friday?

Decided I've been neglecting Summer Robin too long, so I finally rectified that:
    a2wdd3bf96kj.png

I've been hurting for blue armorslayers lately in arena assault so she will fill that roll rather nicely. Her bulk is surprisingly good and with Fury and the refine, her speed is pretty amazing too (was going back and forth on Speed vs Might but figured for whatever reason the red armor class tends to be speedy as shit and honestly, with effective damage she doesn't *need* more might).

Really wish I could pull more on that banner to get her to +10 but my budget is too tight this month. Maybe someday she'll show back up on a legendary banner or something :P

edited July 2019
    https://youtu.be/9VTL5EkDIjY

Holy shit they already recast him

Warlock82 on
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Japan’s entertainment industry is very good at disappearing people.

• KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I think I'm missing the story on this one.

Kakodaimonos on
    edited July 2019
    I think I'm missing the story on this one.

Summary is that male Byleth was voiced by Chris Niosi, aka Kirbopher. Recently it has come to light that he's been super abusive in a bunch of his relationships and he even admitted as such. From what I've heard, he also broke his NDA and leaked that he was voicing Byleth early. So basically people were mad this kind of person was voicing Byleth and it seems like Nintendo has caught wind of all this and already recast him.

Warlock82 on
  • mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    so i think i have gotten 1 green orb on the 3 houses banner. i want eldegard danggit

camo_sig.png
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    so i think i have gotten 1 green orb on the 3 houses banner. i want eldegard danggit
    I got lots of green orbs. Lots of off-banner green orbs.

Renault (-DEF/+HP)
    Dream Corrine (-RES/+HP)
    Fallen Robin (-DEF/+SPD)

I might just give up.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
    I got a +atk -res Edelgard in like 30 orbs. Woohoo!

I also just got Three Houses and my free Byleth. I supported him with Edelgard and then started my Three Houses file to determine if I'll regret my decision :biggrin:

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I blew about 200+ orbs trying to get Idunn. INow I just save them in a vain attempt to get someone I do want {I blew about 40 trying to get Fallen Mareeta/Berkut but o well}