As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FINAL FANTASY FOURTEEN: tip to toe this is an ardbert

1102103104105106108»

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Have any absolute madmen out there gotten all the zones to rank 3 in FATEs yet? I've done Lakeland, but doing all of them is daunting.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yeah someone in my FC got all rank 3 zones last week

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if I was PUGing with meh players, or if it's because I have more hard hitting buttons/windows than other jobs at the same level, but I've consistently been the highest DPS/2nd in the aggro list in every level 49-50 dungeon I've tried with MCH so far, outpacing a NIN, SAM, DRG, and I forgot what the fourth one was (RDM?). It's crazy, because while leveling the job up to 50 before all the changes, I was lucky if I could be 3rd on the aggro list.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I was PUGing with meh players, or if it's because I have more hard hitting buttons/windows than other jobs at the same level, but I've consistently been the highest DPS/2nd in the aggro list in every level 49-50 dungeon I've tried with MCH so far, outpacing a NIN, SAM, DRG, and I forgot what the fourth one was (RDM?). It's crazy, because while leveling the job up to 50 before all the changes, I was lucky if I could be 3rd on the aggro list.

I think part of it is because you get the first hit in and how they've changed the way enmity is generated. I've noticed the same thing with bards.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    Aight, small rant.

Look, "high-level" and "experienced" players. I get that you've run the content multiple times. I get it! I empathize. That said, when someone enters a trial and says "Hey, first timer", that doesn't mean moan and groan and bitch and whine. I under-fucking-stand that you want to blaze through this shit as fast as possible because you've done it before.

You know what would speed the run up? Taking five seconds to explain the big mechanics while we're all waiting anyway.

You know what slows the run down? Newbies dying to mechanics they don't understand that would have taken mere moments to give them a heads up on. You know what slows it down even more? Purposefully jacking the mechanics up to get the newbie killed.

I have seen this a couple of times lately, and boy-o, is it NOT a good look.

Okay, rant over! Dragoon continues to be the shit. God, what a fun job.

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »

So right now Eureka is going to be real tough to get going in, everyone is still doing newer content so last I heard it's pretty dead in there. Assuming the playerbase hasn't suddenly changed overnight, people will still eventually get back to that so it's a short term concern, but Eureka is definitely more of a slog if less people are doing it. Certain parts scale with number of players, but there's other factors that require people to be fairly active in an instance, so while not impossible with a smaller crowd it does mean it'll likely take longer.

Personally? By the end of Eureka I really enjoyed what it offers. It switches things up a bit and was fun to sit and hang out with people in there. With that being said, the first two Eureka zones don't really offer anything too new (imagine FATE grinding with the risk of deleveling) and it's not till after that do they start introducing somewhat interesting mechanics. If you can make it through the first two parts it'll likely be smooth sailing. I would also argue that the 4th and final area of Eureka is almost like a victory lap itself, definitely the easiest of the zones to navigate.

Thanks for the info, sounds like I'll put it off a bit, and focus on other things for awhile. Or even, heck, have they announced what the Anima weapon for ShB is gonna be started? I have no idea when in an xpac cycle do those things start.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Kyanilis wrote: »

So right now Eureka is going to be real tough to get going in, everyone is still doing newer content so last I heard it's pretty dead in there. Assuming the playerbase hasn't suddenly changed overnight, people will still eventually get back to that so it's a short term concern, but Eureka is definitely more of a slog if less people are doing it. Certain parts scale with number of players, but there's other factors that require people to be fairly active in an instance, so while not impossible with a smaller crowd it does mean it'll likely take longer.

Personally? By the end of Eureka I really enjoyed what it offers. It switches things up a bit and was fun to sit and hang out with people in there. With that being said, the first two Eureka zones don't really offer anything too new (imagine FATE grinding with the risk of deleveling) and it's not till after that do they start introducing somewhat interesting mechanics. If you can make it through the first two parts it'll likely be smooth sailing. I would also argue that the 4th and final area of Eureka is almost like a victory lap itself, definitely the easiest of the zones to navigate.

Thanks for the info, sounds like I'll put it off a bit, and focus on other things for awhile. Or even, heck, have they announced what the Anima weapon for ShB is gonna be started? I have no idea when in an xpac cycle do those things start.

No they're usually announce post x.1 patches. HW was 3.15 and StB was 4.25. Which were 6 and 9 months in respectively.

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.