As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

1st time omg1!

RonMaverick804RonMaverick804 Registered User new member
edited January 2008 in PAX Archive
Hello I live in Richmond, VA. I've loged for a huge event like this to come local. Actually I would take any gaming event.. but anyways I stumbled onto the Penny Arcade. I'm not 100% sure as to what the Penny Arcade is. I have looked on a few sites but I can't seem to find an exact definition. Will this event be big as E3 (I know it's now E 4 All but i say E3 to refer to public access) I have seen some photos where it is crowded wall to wall much like how E3 seemed. I don't know the exact location "In Washington DC" either. Finally what types of games will be at this event? So far it seems like indy/PC games like Civ. I'm not putting them down at all, i actually like them a lot also. This is how it seems to me. I have not seen any Halo, mario or snake when Googling PAX so if someone can explain this better to me it would be greatful. Also please dont think i am just a 1 time poster i will be a regular as soon as my computer is repaired next week. 8-)

RonMaverick804 on

• Options
    SoupsSoups Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    This is a fakepost, right? No one can be this ignorant.

Soups on
    DitchTheJock.png
  • Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Google searches work wonders. Obvious troll is obvious. ;)

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    SoupsSoups Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Sounds like they've already tried (and failed) to use Google. I've just come to the conclusion that there's no hope for this one.

Soups on
    DitchTheJock.png
  • Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Might not be a troll... Regardless.

Answers:
    Penny-Arcade is a site about games, praise/flaming of games, and a funny comic (mostly). PAX is about celebrating gaming with fans of games and Penny-Arcade.

PAX's location is in Seattle, WA. You are thinking of the wrong coast ;)

Type of games there are main AAA titles mostly (companies showing off the newest things in expo) and many popular games in tournaments across PC, console, handheld and tabletop gaming.

If you have anymore questions go ahead and ask away.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    RonMaverick804RonMaverick804 Registered User new member
    edited January 2008
    BigRed wrote: »
    Might not be a troll... Regardless.

Answers:
    Penny-Arcade is a site about games, praise/flaming of games, and a funny comic (mostly). PAX is about celebrating gaming with fans of games and Penny-Arcade.

PAX's location is in Seattle, WA. You are thinking of the wrong coast ;)

Type of games there are main AAA titles mostly (companies showing off the newest things in expo) and many popular games in tournaments across PC, console, handheld and tabletop gaming.

If you have anymore questions go ahead and ask away.

um thanks im just goig to igre the other guys... i used google and found an artile saying PAX 08 was in DC this year!.. so i guess it's not? that sucks:|:x

RonMaverick804 on
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2008
    http://www.pennyarcadeexpo.com/pax08launch.pdf

PAX will be in Seattle forever

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited January 2008
    Apologies for the troll comment, I jumped to conclusions.

A good place to start with Penny Arcade is www.penny-arcade.com
    Many good links are along the top of the page, including one labeled "PAX."

Get familiar with the comic. You'll see the characters on banners all over PAX. Also, it's a hilarious read and extremely well drawn.

The main site for PAX (mentioned above) is www.pennyarcadeexpo.com
    Keep an eye on that and more news will start to pop up as it comes closer to August.

Exhibitors that show up to PAX in the past have been such wonderful folks as Nintendo, Sony, Bungie (Halo), Harmonix (Rock Band & Guitar Hero), Pirates of the Burning Sea, and the Frag Dolls. We even get people advertising for E4All.

The Wikipedia article does a pretty good job describing everything: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny_Arcade_Expo

Out of curiosity, where was the article that said PAX08 would be in DC?
    P.S. All the links I provided here are in the top 5 results for google searching "penny arcade expo" just in case you want to find them again without coming back here.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2008
    I'm locking this now, here's the new to PAX Q&A info thread

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.