As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Wicked, Evil, And Cruel

2»

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    I, as the DM, made the hard sell pitch to my existing group of 2nd level PCs today via an in-game approach by none other than Jim Darkmagic (using the JD NPC stats) himself while the PCs were in a tight spot in the story. Four of the five party members signed the franchise contract in glowing green ink from a free pen from Jim. The Paladin declined to join the franchise due to a higher moral calling. This raised two questions:
    1) Is an Acquisitions Incorporated Franchise contract binding for life?
    2) Do non AI franchise party members have to pay rent to use franchise assets?
    1) Well past that. For as long as services may be of use to the parent corporation.
    2) Oh yes. The franchise has to pay the upkeep on an HQ (and according to the book it can get really steep), so non-members shouldn't get a free ride. They could probably set up a tarp outside for a very reasonable rate if staying inside is too costly. Maybe sleep under the wagon. They could attend team meetings by talking through a window.

• CoolRockSkiiCoolRockSkii Registered User regular
    Awesome! But, and I cannot stress enough how important this is, what color are the flans?
    The Flans are ... Green Flans of course!

• VladimerVladimer Registered User regular
    PohtHehd wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Izandai wrote: »
    Slice of life only works when your life is something people can relate to in a fundamental way.

It's like this comic is saying "Man, sure is hard to deal with so much success and fortune, am I right?" and I just gotta stare blankly. I mean, maybe other rich successful people would understand this joke. I don't get it though. Those things would not be burdens to me, I work to get to the point where I could be like that.

The joke falls flat for me and I'd have to say this is easily the worst Penny Arcade strip in some many years. Glad you guys sold more merchandise though, I guess. Nice job.

In order for a humorous scenario to be humorous, the audience has to understand the scenario, not necessarily relate to it. I have also never written a popular book, and thus haven't tried to stealth-sign copies on store shelves (though I would absolutely do that every chance I could if I had), but I understand the humor of trying to do that and getting mistaken for some vandal. It's a simple "mistaken identity" joke. Not that hard to grasp.

Well based on user name I'm going to guess there's a lot they don't understand.

Like not fucking up the rotation.

I didn't say it was hard to understand, you simple neophytes. I said it's not funny to me.

And we're saying your sense of humor isn't shared. Read subtext the way you think everyone else cannot, goose.

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    Preacher wrote: »
    Izandai wrote: »
    Slice of life only works when your life is something people can relate to in a fundamental way.

It's like this comic is saying "Man, sure is hard to deal with so much success and fortune, am I right?" and I just gotta stare blankly. I mean, maybe other rich successful people would understand this joke. I don't get it though. Those things would not be burdens to me, I work to get to the point where I could be like that.

The joke falls flat for me and I'd have to say this is easily the worst Penny Arcade strip in some many years. Glad you guys sold more merchandise though, I guess. Nice job.

In order for a humorous scenario to be humorous, the audience has to understand the scenario, not necessarily relate to it. I have also never written a popular book, and thus haven't tried to stealth-sign copies on store shelves (though I would absolutely do that every chance I could if I had), but I understand the humor of trying to do that and getting mistaken for some vandal. It's a simple "mistaken identity" joke. Not that hard to grasp.

Well based on user name I'm going to guess there's a lot they don't understand.

Like not fucking up the rotation.

I didn't say it was hard to understand, you simple neophytes. I said it's not funny to me.

You literally said you didn't understand it.