As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX South 2020 is over, Can we skip to PAX South 2021?

Goose!Goose! That's me, honeyShow me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
edited January 2020 in Social Entropy++
wo0sdwyqlt82.png

What is PAX South?
PAX South is one of six (SIX!) conventions started by Penny Arcade and now run by them and ReedPOP/Reed Exhibitions.

When is PAX South 2020?
January 17 - 19, 2020

Where is PAX South 2020?
PAX South will be held, once again, in the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center in San Antonio, TX.

Here we will discuss PAX, activities in and around it, and which grotto we are going to for the annual forumer photo. PAX!

Goose! on

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    If I hadn't followed the people who knew where the actual grotto was I'd probably have never found it

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The real Grotto was the Tube we found along the way.

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I

Am

Ready

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    There's a very good chance that I'm going to quit my job between now and then and be dead fucking broke, but I'm buying tickets anyway.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    supposing i can go, my goal for this year is to not have a day long hangover

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    crwth wrote: »
    supposing i can go, my goal for this year is to not have a day long hangover

Ah, going for the rare two day

Steam
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I am going this year after missing out last year

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I will be going this time and will actually meet some of you weirdos after being here for like 15 years

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    If my grad school schedule can allow it and I can get air-miles to cover the flight, I am hoping to attend this.

I must do battle with my doppleganger.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I will be going this time and will actually meet some of you weirdos after being here for like 15 years

I call Zack 1

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    I will endeavor to eat more burgers this year and also maybe try out that Korean barbecue at the karaoke place.

I'm also going to figure out how to actually sing because all I've been doing is yelling and good God my throat at the end of the night is ready to murder me

• Options

I call Zack 1
    Okay I call Zack Prime

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular

too bad you’ll be going home in a freakin bodybag after our blood feud is finally settled

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
  • Options

I call Zack 1
    Okay I call Zack Prime

I'm gonna be the fighting mongooses

• Options
    crwth wrote: »

too bad you’ll be going home in a freakin bodybag after our blood feud is finally settled
    If anyone is going home in a bodybag it is gonna be both of us because I am extremely reckless but also committed

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Is Flat Zonugal making a reappearance this year?

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    I'll be at GenCon when tickets go on sale, so hopefully they will continue to last a while as they usually do for South.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again, and meeting some new folks. I've now been to San Antonio enough that my phone periodically gives me updates on new restaurants there that Google thinks I might like. "Uh, is this Southtown 101 or B&D Icehouse? The Pig Stand? Formerly sketchy karaoke joint? No? Pass, thanks."

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Ketar wrote: »
    I'll be at GenCon when tickets go on sale, so hopefully they will continue to last a while as they usually do for South.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again, and meeting some new folks. I've now been to San Antonio enough that my phone periodically gives me updates on new restaurants there that Google thinks I might like. "Uh, is this Southtown 101 or B&D Icehouse? The Pig Stand? Formerly sketchy karaoke joint? No? Pass, thanks."

Why do you need new restaurants when you have the holy trinity of Southtown 101, Dennys, and Hooters?

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    Also Fuddruckers

• Options
    Gonna get another straight pitcher of booze from Jimmy Buffet this year

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    That shit was way too expensive

• Options
    I was very unimpressed with the Pig Stand tbh

• Options
    Madican wrote: »

Did you order the pig sandwich?

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »

Did you order the pig sandwich?

Their signature item? Yep. It was... okay I guess

• Options
    Man, really? I go back there specifically for that

• Options
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Man, really? I go back there specifically for that

It was no Pereida Burger that's for sure.

Speaking of which I'm gonna try Southtown fried pickles this time along with said burger

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    the war between hooters lunch and margaritaville lunch will be renewed

and i will finally be able to steal blank's lunch money

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options

Oh god I am going to get real life bullied now huh

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

yes

You're going to sing karaoke and have delicious food and you're going to LIKE IT DAMMIT

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Fair Warning

i'm pretty sure the Metal Gear Solid Board Game will be out in time for this and i am absolutely going to be forcing people to play it with me

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Fair Warning

i'm pretty sure the Metal Gear Solid Board Game will be out in time for this and i am absolutely going to be forcing people to play it with me

Same with me and the new power rangers board game made by the Rebel Assault designer

• Options
    Zonugal wrote: »
    If my grad school schedule can allow it and I can get air-miles to cover the flight, I am hoping to attend this.

Fair warning, Flat Jimmy has laser eyes

He is a threat

(And of course he'll be in attendance, @Madican!)

Steam
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular

All you have to do is enter the convention center and you're immune to AJ. Until the evening activities, anyway.

• Options
    Fair Warning

Curious how that'd play with someone who knows pretty much nothing about Metal Gear beyond memes

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    So what's this whole University thing?

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Cello wrote: »
    Zonugal wrote: »

Fair warning, Flat Jimmy has laser eyes

He is a threat

(And of course he'll be in attendance, @Madican!)
    And he will have at least one friend!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

It’s the new polygon/retro/slime/whatever theme for next year I’m guessing

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »

It’s the new polygon/retro/slime/whatever theme for next year I’m guessing

I'm liking it way more than the snot theme

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Okay yeah I can do this.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such