As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Seteth Has A Request Of You, And It's That You Play [Fire Emblem Three Houses]

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Open the floodgates. Of reviews. The reviewgates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_60libM0fQg

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I need this game.

• Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I appreciate that this game decided not to shoehorn in the kid character stuff, it was weird enough that Fates tried to do it again

6F32U1X.png
  • Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    House Edelgard has a lady with a cool hat, sorry other houses

Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Open the floodgates. Of reviews. The reviewgates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_60libM0fQg

Refloodgatiews.

Nailed it.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I appreciate that this game decided not to shoehorn in the kid character stuff, it was weird enough that Fates tried to do it again

Aw I wanted to send my kids to the time dimension

• AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I thought it was really fuckin cool in Awakening

Fate's way of doing it was... less than great

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah Fates just came off as "We wanted to do this again so..."

I still gotta finish Fates, I guess. And Echoes!

• VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    This'll be the first Fire Emblem game I've ever played, other than the 30min I spent with Heroes.

I'm way more excited than I expected to be.

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Nothing about Fates makes any sense

You pretty much have to write the entire story from scratch to cover all the plot holes, let alone the kids’ stuff

I enjoyed Fates, it has some great gameplay, but after the first play-through I skipped every cut scene.

• DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    I will probably get this game at some point. I give FE a chance every time and I'm pretty sure it's just not for me but I want to like it

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Yeah Fates just came off as "We wanted to do this again so..."

I still gotta finish Fates, I guess. And Echoes!

at this point i'd probably just throw fates in the bin for later. it's fine, but the parts it's good at are the battle stuff only, and even then i think it's not the best.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Fates did at least have some cool characters

Leo is definitely among my favourite Fire Emblem characters, and only partly because he's hella cute

Yeah I might do Echoes first and then Fates if I feel like it. I do want to see the characters in Fates, but I started with Birthright and so many of the characters are SO BORING in Birthright

Leave me alone Ryoma, you wannabe Sonic

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    House Edelgard has a lady with a cool hat, sorry other houses

She loses the hat in the timeskip though.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I loved the combat in fates (conquest route at least) and I liked a lot of the characters, but I still randomly get angry thinking about how fucking stupid the plot of that game is.

Also Conquest Corrin is, without exaggeration, the worst written character in any piece of media I've ever finished.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Looking at all the pre and post timeskip pictures of the cast I think I'm gonna have to go Black Eagles

Claude is extremely cool but he's also straight which... confuses and disappoints me, but the Black Eagles have a bunch of awesome looking characters and that's all I can judge the factions on right now lol

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Seems I no longer have an excuse to not get a Switch.

• SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Am... Am I the only one that thinks that Claude looks like a Dimitri and Dimitri looks like a Claude? I've been mixing their names like 99% of the time

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    Am... Am I the only one that thinks that Claude looks like a Dimitri and Dimitri looks like a Claude? I've been mixing their names like 99% of the time
    No, I also constantly do this. My brain just can't deal with it for some reason.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »

Nope, you’re definitely not. I keep being freshly disappointed that Claude isn’t Dimitri

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Which house has the rudest titties and asses

The teachers/knights.

rhylith wrote: »

The teachers/knights.

This is a good answer because I totally forgot you're teaching what are essentially a bunch of high school kids, oh nooo

rhylith wrote: »

The teachers/knights.

This is a good answer because I totally forgot you're teaching what are essentially a bunch of high school kids, oh nooo
    Apparently there’s nothing romantic at all until the 5 year time skip.

• never dienever die Registered User regular

...I’ve been thinking about this, and if his apologies to the people are as sincere as he said (having read some of them they are rough to read but it feels sincere), I hope he gets the help he needs, and I also feel like he should face the consequences of his actions in the industry.

I also feel like this solidifies I’ll be playing as Female Byleth.

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Austin says there is absolutely no flirting with the students until after the time skip when you're all largely on equal footing as adults

Well that's... Good, although I still feel weird about the teacher/student relationships, but whatevs

• CururuCururu Registered User regular
    The only Fire Emblem that I have played previously was The Sacred Stones, which I remember really liking. I just haven't gotten around to any of the other ones for some reason, but I'm really looking forward to this one. The added Persona-esq sim elements have gotten my attention this time.

• Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    One of the best additions I've seen comes from early dialogue:
    All the characters have a reaction line when they get their first kill, upon which they realize they just took a life. And some, understandably, freak out.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    One of the best additions I've seen comes from early dialogue:
    All the characters have a reaction line when they get their first kill, upon which they realize they just took a life. And some, understandably, freak out.
    Oh man this RULES

CYpGAPn.png
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I don't have a switch yet but my boyfriend does so I'm gonna buy this saturday and play it at his house

Switch games do save to the cartridge right

2x39jD4.jpg
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    I don't have a switch yet but my boyfriend does so I'm gonna buy this saturday and play it at his house

nyarp

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

nyarp

Nintendo why

2x39jD4.jpg
    edited July 2019
    Naphtali wrote: »

nyarp

Nintendo why

You can still copy the save files from one switch to another, so you wont lose anything

edit: play on your profile on their switch, not your partner's just so they don't lose their saves for the game if you both play it

Naphtali on
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Waiting on that new improved battery Switch but it looks like I will be getting this Femblem game

• shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    Tomorrow's going to be one of the longest-feeling work days in recent memory, because this game is going to be sitting on the front porch waiting for me when I get home. I haven't played a FE game since Shadow Dragon like a decade ago, but everything I've seen about this one looks like it was laser-targeted at me and I am unreasonably excited.

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
    shalmelo wrote: »
    Tomorrow's going to be one of the longest-feeling work days in recent memory, because this game is going to be sitting on the front porch waiting for me when I get home. I haven't played a FE game since Shadow Dragon like a decade ago, but everything I've seen about this one looks like it was laser-targeted at me and I am unreasonably excited.

I have to go to the gym after work tomorrow instead of diving right into the game. Actually I have to go home first and not crack open the Amazon package with the game, and then change and go to the gym.

boooerns

This discussion has been closed.