As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    Maybe, but I look at my tanks as characters themselves. Each one is an individual and will be named if it isn't already.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Maybe, but I look at my tanks as characters themselves. Each one is an individual and will be named if it isn't already.

I have a Fellblade, but I haven't had inspiration strike me for a good name yet.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    I bought a Baneblade.

I don't know which version to build

There are guides and even kits on how to magnetize it to Be all 8

For the most part, it's absolutely not worth it. Unless you play so much and need such a variety and tanks that you _have_ to be able to totally change configurations on the fly, pick which on you like the best and build it.

The thing is that very very few people play super heavy tanks so often that they have to have access to every configuration on demand.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

Which is why my predator turrets sit in a plano container because I debated about magnetizing them

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I think if I build a Shadowsword, I will name it the Aquiline.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular

Seems like the Baneblade shadowsword or... The one with a bajillion shots for horde clearing as the standouts (Hellhammer?)

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I like the Banesword conceptually, but it's not the best I think (its new apoc rules are pretty nice though) and for some reason this tank that looks like a giant self propelled artillery tank can't fire indirectly.

I know I am running out of room to store things
    I have a pistol case for my eldar army and the gw crusade case I got to store the jetbikes and such but it just doesn't work
    Part of the problem is I have a ton of termagants so other then the three plano containers two of which my black templars live in the other is where I have been keeping the necrons for now
    So I am in a huge debate I could get one of the larger footlocker things to store my whole eldar army if I get some dense foam transfer black templars to the crusade case {I don't know} I may just get two or three footlockers or my brother is itching to do woodcrafts again have him build me two it's just a huge mental debate as of late

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I built my Baneblade as an enormous flamethrower tank for my sisters of battle. I should really finish painting her up now that they’re getting a new Codex and all.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    SoBBulletinRepentia-Jul22-Repentia4-7fjr6.jpg

Really liking the new Repentia design. They've got a considerably less fetish-y aesthetic and almost look cyberpunk inspired to me.

They are fantastic in my opinion. So far my favourite reveal from the new range.

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    I am really looking forward to the Regimental Standard for the release of the Sisters.

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    That's so much more in line with the awesome witch-hunter flagellants from Kopinski's original art. Love it. These are crazy religious nutbags, not sexy BDSM nuns.
    Hunting-To-Conduct-The-Inquisition-The-Hunters-The-Sisters-The-Battle-1920x2560_zps316e26da.png

website_header.jpg
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    The new repentia design is real good

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    The funny thing is I know where the repentia are from my brother's army I don't know where the rest of his army is though

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Ran into this amazing St. Celestine cosplay at Comic Con and wanted to share it!

phgs05keybwc.jpg

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    The daemon prince kit I picked up has a bunch of spare arms, some wings, other bits... even has a second chest, but not a second back. Other than back and legs you could build a second prince out of the box.

Soooooo I figured why not try mucking about a bit with my 3d printer and some kitbashing. Combined a replacement tyranid tail with an anatomical male torso for the body then glued on some daemon bits...

This is the result... tempted to leave him all anime style with one wing.

mflnhzxwlxi8.jpg

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    This week's regimental standart is an ad for space meth

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    This week's regimental standart is an ad for space meth

Red-Bull gives you wings, then gets you executed for heresy and unauthorized mutations.
    Drink Green Taurox! Inquisition approved.
    =][=

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    "Red Bull" is just a euphemism for Khorne.

Delduwath on
  • KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    "Red Bull" is just a euphemism for Khorne.

Turns out, Red Bull does give you wings

27137212038_4d9d76b9d3_b.jpg

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
    edited July 2019
    McGibs wrote: »

So they just straight up changed all the FW data sheets by digging a hole and nerfing them right into the ground then?

TheGerbil on
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Yeah... all the actual FW knights did not really get any favours...

website_header.jpg
    None of them got a points decrease. All of them generally lost something. For example the Poryphon went from BS 2+ to 3+ and it lost a point of toughness.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I kind of want to get some of the old metal Necron Scarabs. Something about them makes me want to field them.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    edited July 2019
    So almost done putting together my gaunts
    osd9ygm54p4w.png
    That's just termagants
    When I bought that deal years ago. It was called instant Tyranid swarm! on ebay I forgot how many it was as it was 3 boxes of 12 and the bag it is now in I have 20 left to build

I have I think 40 hormagaunts.
    drf498mhc0m6.png

Now I look at it, It is a swarm I don't know how many I have and I now I am scared to prime them it is a thing pushing for me to get a airbrush {if it was not for current events where I feel moving is a new option}

Brainleech on
    Gonna go play some casual 40K against my friend tomorrow who is running Custodes with a loyal 32 and I can't think of a fun list to run for either my Space Wolves or Necrons.

I keep wanting to make a list using my knight and rusty 17 but I also have yet to field my 2 vindicators, 3 predator tanks, or any of my models from Shadowspear.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

"Casual" and "Custodes with a Loyal 32" don't really belong in the same sentence

edited July 2019
    "Casual" and "Custodes with a Loyal 32" don't really belong in the same sentence

It really doesn't but not much I can do. I did play to win once with my Necrons and he really didn't have fun so I don't want to do that again. He plays Custodes because he could make a full army off 19 models and then he started to build into a loyal 32 over time. I can't complain, I got him some of what he needed for it for Christmas.

He was always WAY into Orks so I was surprised he went Custodes. He is branching into Thousand Sons slowly for a chaos army and I think he wants to expand his Imperial Guard as well.

I did manage to think of a list. No idea if it will do well but it seems like it could be fun.

Edit: I think I'm gonna drop the supreme command detachment. I'm going for -1 to BS modifiers but I don't think that will really help against the Custoses/loyal 32 or the potential Death Guard in a possible 3 way fight.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [26 PL, 535pts] ++

+ HQ +

Wolf Guard Battle Leader in Phobos Armour [5 PL, 86pts]: Grav-chute, Master-crafted occulus bolt rifle

Wolf Lord in Phobos Armour [6 PL, 119pts]: 2. Princeps of Deceit, Camo cloak, Master-crafted instigator bolt carbine, Warlord

+ Troops +

Infiltrator Squad [5 PL, 110pts]: 4x Infilltrator, Infiltrator Sergeant

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Adeptus Mechanicus) [18 PL, 255pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Forge World Choice
    . Forge World: Stygies VIII

+ HQ +

Tech-Priest Enginseer [3 PL, 30pts]

Tech-Priest Enginseer [3 PL, 30pts]

+ Troops +

Skitarii Rangers [4 PL, 65pts]
    . Ranger Alpha: Galvanic Rifle
    . 2x Skitarii Ranger
    . 2x Skitarii Ranger (Transuranic Arquebus): 2x Transuranic Arquebus

. 2x Skitarii Ranger

. 2x Skitarii Ranger

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [21 PL, 360pts] ++

+ HQ +

Librarian [7 PL, 96pts]: 2) Aversion, 6) Mind Wipe, Force stave

Njal Stormcaller in Runic Terminator Armour [8 PL, 153pts]: 2. Tempest's Wrath, 3. Murderous Hurricane, 6. Jaws of the World Wolf

Rune Priest in Phobos Armour [6 PL, 111pts]: 2) Scryer's Gaze, 3) Temporal Corridor, Camo cloak, Force sword

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [48 PL, 849pts] ++

+ HQ +

Iron Priest [5 PL, 79pts]: Helfrost pistol, Tempest hammer, The Armour of Russ

+ Heavy Support +

Predator [9 PL, 188pts]: Hunter-killer missile, Storm bolter, Twin lascannon
    . Two Lascannons: 2x Lascannon

Predator [9 PL, 158pts]: Hunter-killer missile, Storm bolter, Twin lascannon
    . Two Heavy Bolters: 2x Heavy bolter

Predator [9 PL, 158pts]: Hunter-killer missile, Storm bolter, Twin lascannon
    . Two Heavy Bolters: 2x Heavy bolter

Vindicator [8 PL, 133pts]: Hunter-killer missile, Storm bolter

Vindicator [8 PL, 133pts]: Hunter-killer missile, Storm bolter

++ Total: [113 PL, 1,999pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Stragint on

So this is the board for the first game. I ended up winning the primary objective because it ended up in my deployment while I had a big chunk of units around it and the Custodes/IG and Death Guard had whittled each other down too much to take it from me.
    u4WdWSF.jpg

This is the board for game 2. 4k ot Death Guard vs 2k Custodes/IG and 2k Space Wolves. Objective is to control the objective in both deployments. We did not get turn one.
    I04U8kG.jpg
    MgJKSQ4.jpg

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    It's funny, they're releasing made-to-order old Chaos Sorcerer models for a nebulously limited time (I'm considering picking up one of each) and I already own one since it's the Chaos Sorcerer I picked up when I first got my 40k stuff when I was younger. The plasma gun was missing though.

You know it's never occurred to me to wonder if any other forumers might live close enough to me to go to the same FLGS I do.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    It's funny, they're releasing made-to-order old Chaos Sorcerer models for a nebulously limited time (I'm considering picking up one of each) and I already own one since it's the Chaos Sorcerer I picked up when I first got my 40k stuff when I was younger. The plasma gun was missing though.

You know it's never occurred to me to wonder if any other forumers might live close enough to me to go to the same FLGS I do.

I was meh about them then {it was one of the things that pushed me to Word Bearers back then} and Meh about them now

I used to have those and traded them away.

Limited time special order me some Valhallan special weapons, mofos!

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Took the train into Tokyo to visit the Harajuku store only to find out that there’s a larger store literally a 5 minute walk from my apartment, or at least what’s going to be my apartment in a few days. No big loss though: the store manager there speaks really good English and there’s a thriving community. It’s actually a shorter commute than it was going to Raleigh each weekend. Also the Harajuku store had a dusty copy of Kill Zone: Mechanicus which I snatched up.

There’s a guy here looking for a Primaris Ancient from the Dark Imperium set, of which I have an extra. Anyone know how to value that? I was potentially going to use him in an alternative Astartes army, but that’s miles down the road so I’d be fine letting this one go for a while.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    Took the train into Tokyo to visit the Harajuku store only to find out that there’s a larger store literally a 5 minute walk from my apartment, or at least what’s going to be my apartment in a few days. No big loss though: the store manager there speaks really good English and there’s a thriving community. It’s actually a shorter commute than it was going to Raleigh each weekend. Also the Harajuku store had a dusty copy of Kill Zone: Mechanicus which I snatched up.

There’s a guy here looking for a Primaris Ancient from the Dark Imperium set, of which I have an extra. Anyone know how to value that? I was potentially going to use him in an alternative Astartes army, but that’s miles down the road so I’d be fine letting this one go for a while.

It would depend on how much you want to get out of it I guess. It is an elite character choice that is only available in Dark Imperium so you could probably get decent money for it. If you price it at around the other Primaris characters you could get probably $25-$30 for it. Since it isn't an HQ probably more aro und the $25.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular

which store?

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    I know it took a few but the day before I was fired I bought the space marine heroes series 2 paint set
    It arrived yesterday and I am impressed with the kit and it had several colors I did not have

I am thinking of buying that set because I am not 100% confident that the Terminator Ancient it comes with will make it to the US when we get Series 2.

I need to go through my paints and see if I need the ones it comes with.

• italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »

which store?

Tachikawa.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
This discussion has been closed.