As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Success Rate Up is still a lie

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Here's my clear image.

eZKyy5i.jpg

Caster Marie and her volleyball of death for the remaining HPs.

Edit: Tried again with Arjuna. 19 turns, but no deaths. Could have been smarter and cut that down maybe a turn or two.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Friendly reminder to NA folks: Make sure you dismantle and remake the last building in Part 2 to get the Lore from each path.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    It's going to be a sad day when Mash eats her nerfs.

Mash is going to get nerfed?!? Say it ain't so! What are they going to do to everyone's favorite kouhai?

Are there any real big big Holmes fans here? I'm asking, because it if's okay to shill, an artist friend of mine is all about Holmes in FGO. You should have seen her 'catalyst' setup when he hit the summon banner. :biggrin:

So if Sherlock is your kind of thing, check out her collected fan art book.

Mash is going to get nerfed?!? Say it ain't so! What are they going to do to everyone's favorite kouhai?
    Her skills change to selfish Buster/crit buffs (mediocre ones), she no longer bodyguards as well. Her NP is a straight downgrade as well, loses the ATK buff.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    You still have the option of switching back to original recipe Mash outside of the new story chapters, though.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular

Her skills change to selfish Buster/crit buffs (mediocre ones), she no longer bodyguards as well. Her NP is a straight downgrade as well, loses the ATK buff.

You aren't forced to use that version of her all that often, so it's hard to call it a nerf. It's not like we lose access to the existing Mash.

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

You aren't forced to use that version of her all that often, so it's hard to call it a nerf. It's not like we lose access to the existing Mash.

She's also clearly going to be buffed to hell and back in Lostbelt 5-7 much like current Mash got buffed to hell and back in Singularity 4-6. It's a story thing where she's getting back her powers but they're a ways to go.

But as-is that version's kind of useless, yeah.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »

She's also clearly going to be buffed to hell and back in Lostbelt 5-7 much like current Mash got buffed to hell and back in Singularity 4-6. It's a story thing where she's getting back her powers but they're a ways to go.

Kinda hoping she gets buffed to 5* level.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Waiting for the Mordred-solo rate-up to give her a good ol' 10-roll-college-try.

It's up, I got utter junk. Hope you have better luck.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Neveron wrote: »

Kinda hoping she gets buffed to 5* level.

I feel like that's inevitable.

Buff to 5* (possibly even fully grailed?), NP interlude to bring it back to or above pre-CitLB, NP5, Bond 10 possibly with CE, upgrades to every skill.

Polaritie wrote: »
    Waiting for the Mordred-solo rate-up to give her a good ol' 10-roll-college-try.

It's up, I got utter junk. Hope you have better luck.

Nope. No luck either.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    35 turns to kill one boar is rough, but not impossible. Just gotta do it three times.

Oh, there's six, nevermind. Guess I'm never getting that reward!

Edit: There's seven. And after less than 10 turns my front line was out of evade/invincibility and all about to die, with not even one pig dead. This mission is fucking stupid.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    Yeah. Super defense crabs made sense. I have no idea what I'm going to do for the boars. NP looping, maybe.

The general recommendations I've seen are basically "Merlin/Mash/Tamamo infinite stall team". Mash kind of nullifies the basic attacks by herself, and the other two give a reliable source of healing and whatnot. However, well, you also kind of do zero damage and should expect to take hundreds of turns beating the quest.

Damage race is a loser's game, though.

Yeah, I was looking at Archuria Waver Tamamo when I said NP looping, since that has good stall... but maybe not enough. Mash NPs might be better than Waver there.

Polaritie wrote: »
    Yeah, I was looking at Archuria Waver Tamamo when I said NP looping, since that has good stall... but maybe not enough. Mash NPs might be better than Waver there.
    That team doesn't have enough Defense to not get chipped to death. If you're taking a DPS, you really really want them to be AoE also (AoE+stun is even better).

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Yeah. You either go full stall, or go Merlin/Waver with a strong AoE servant and Black Grail or other big damage boosting CE

I did it sucessfully with both NP1 Gil and NP2 Arjuna. Any hard hitting AoE servant works. It's better if they have a self charge skill and/or defense skills to go with it.

And yeah, if going damage, you really want an AoE NP. Single Target is not gonna work against that much HP and 7 targets unless you use Mash or Jeanne and go full stall.

I've been waiting for the 'I did it with Gil, seems fine to me' post.

uyvfOQy.png
    Reynolds wrote: »

See last page.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Considered giving it a go with Enkidu, even though he's single target

Tesla and Arjuna are great here if you have them, as they have self charges, a defence or healing buff, and a NP Interlude.

Same with Karna. Dude should be great here too.

Reynolds wrote: »

how about "Mash solo"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRiw47bTZj0
    219 turns

Sometimes I honestly can't understand why people even bother with zombie stall.

I mean sure, I made it through one and had full life on everyone with constant NP spam. I'm just not going to spend that many turns perfectly balancing things.

So I guess Martha will just be one Fou short for a while.

uyvfOQy.png
    edited July 2019
    Yeah... my current attempt is 27 turns in with 2 giant boars down.

Archuria/Mash/Tamamo, with Stella dropping the first wave. It really, really helps that Archuria brings those party buffs.

Edit: turn 34 got the third kill.

Edit 2: Cleared on turn 84. Jesus.

Polaritie on
    edited July 2019
    A ticket got me Martha NP4. Did two more ten rolls after that, nothing. Just need that final one...basically my last chance here.

And one more for nothing. Sigh. 120 left, but I want to at least roll a little on the new banners. Disappointing.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    It took me something like 70 total rolls to get one more copy of Martha, bringing her up to NP2. Certainly more than I would have liked (especially given that I didn't get anything else), but that's how it goes sometimes. I still have a pretty respectable hoard left over.

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    There will be no break for NA: Dead Heat Summer Race event will begin right after current Summer event ends.

As much as I would like to have a Berserker Nobu, I will continue to not roll for anything until Merlin and Shimosa banners. My warchest currently has 775 SQ and 79 tickets.

I awkwardly managed to get all of the 4*s from the first banner of this summer event on my JP account, but never did get Nero. Planning to do a fair amount of rolling for her again, but I dunno how far I'll go. Think I'll roll on the Fran banner, since Nobu is basically the mascot of my other account at this point.

It would help if I had any plan for beyond this point. May or may not roll for an NP upgrade for Musashi, may or may not roll for Abigail or Ereshkigal. That's about it for this year.

I'm probably going to drop a lot of these saved-up quartz on the Nobu banner. And the Nitocris banner. Luckily, they're the same banner.

Yeah, I'm going in hard right away since I want basically everything on the first banner, and I'll switch to later ones once I get some hits.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'll do some pulls on Nero banner, aim for her or Nobu. Got some spare quartz from the recent windfall.

After that I save for probably Hokusai as my designated Foreigner class. Don't really want Abigail.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Ooooh, the rate-up is real!

I figured I'd drop one more ticket on the rerun banner, got the pretty spinning sparkies, expected Kiyohime would now be NP 3, but then said, 'wait, what class is that? Never seen that backing before.'

Now I've got a punch saint to go with my punch monk. :biggrin:

• TenekTenek Registered User regular
    All I wanted was the punch saint. Now I have a pile of CEs that are mostly useless in 2 days and a sense of regret. Also some chick with a super soaker who I have really, really mixed feelings about.

Guess I have a while to build back up... nothing from the next event looks super appealing except maybe Nero but 11 SQ probably won't cover it.

I can definitely understand having mixed feelings about Archer!Saber, but hey. At least she is ludicrously good. That's a pretty solid consolation.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Who the fuck is responsible for the Restored City node.

Assassins and Sabers have currency bonus, enemies are all Archers with one token Rider

• TenekTenek Registered User regular
    Also I have apparently passed some kind of "your support lineup is good enough for people to actually use" threshold and am getting regular doses of support points and rando friend requests. Is there a recognition ceremony I can attend? Signed photo of @vagrant_winds ?

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2AzyjJmpTSgBE0kvxXbj2aaLfl-qYMvnbIkeCfzeDRVwp6o2k8w

Butler For Life #1 on
    Dammit I don't think I can get the GIF to work

It's Rin giving a proud thumbs up

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I’ve used your supports so often BFL.

IKknkhU.gif