As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Pittsburgh At Cleveland? There Is No Dog.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    lazegamer wrote: »
    Dak is a pretty good qb with the best receiving corps he has ever had.
    MorganV wrote: »
    RedTide wrote: »
    Tyreek Hill will not be suspended for allegedly breaking his son's arm because, since it's a case involving a minor, the documents are under seal.

Therefore, the league cannot determine culpability.

I guess we wait for TMZ to break this story.

So much for the crack NFL investigators with their police connections

It does just go to show the talent variation.

In this exact same circumstance, if this guy were a solid (but unremarkable) starter, he'd be suspended. If he weren't that, he'd have been cut. But because it's a star, gotta tread softly, unless video evidence surfaces, then he's hosed.

Honestly, I think I'd rather have no standards (The NFL and teams are not going to engage in policing, that's up to law enforcement), than this clear double standard bullshit.

First ballot Hall of Famer Peterson was suspended by the nfl the rest of the season for a lesser allegation. Except there was evidence that Peterson actually did what he was accused of.

Pretty sure this allegation wasn't made in a vacuum either. This is a case the NFL is now going to be terrified that the case files will be leaked.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Tyreek Hill will not be suspended for allegedly breaking his son's arm because, since it's a case involving a minor, the documents are under seal.

If only it were more probable than not that tyreek were generally aware of breaking his sons arm, you could suspend him

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

If only it were more probable than not that tyreek were generally aware of breaking his sons arm, you could suspend him

I Don't Ever Actually Like Giving Abusers Such Leeway At Will.

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    lazegamer wrote: »

So much for the crack NFL investigators with their police connections

It does just go to show the talent variation.

In this exact same circumstance, if this guy were a solid (but unremarkable) starter, he'd be suspended. If he weren't that, he'd have been cut. But because it's a star, gotta tread softly, unless video evidence surfaces, then he's hosed.

Honestly, I think I'd rather have no standards (The NFL and teams are not going to engage in policing, that's up to law enforcement), than this clear double standard bullshit.

First ballot Hall of Famer Peterson was suspended by the nfl the rest of the season for a lesser allegation. Except there was evidence that Peterson actually did what he was accused of.

There are some significant differences between the cases.

Not just that there was the leaked evidence (and I agree with @Santa Claustrophobia that the NFL are fucking petrified that evidence will leak, and this'll be the Ray Rice fiasco all over again).

Peterson was charged, didn't dispute the charges (just that it wasn't a crime), and pleaded no contest, and still doesn't think he did anything wrong. He's just changed from a switch to a belt.

Significantly different to the Hill case, where he denies the allegations, and while prosecutors think a crime was committed, they also think there's not enough evidence to secure a conviction.

Basically, the NFL are permitting the Trump defense. As long as you deny it, and as long as there's not a smocking gun, then meh, not gonna punish, if you're a star, they let you do it.

Peterson just had so much against him, that the NFL couldn't cover. But on the flip side, take a look at Lucky Whitehead and the Cowboys.
    "On July 24, 2017, it was revealed that Whitehead was facing misdemeanor petty larceny charges stemming from an arrest in June having stolen $25 of goods from a Wawa convenience store in Prince William County, Virginia and skipped court summons. Later that day after the team's first training camp practice, he was released by the Cowboys. The charges were dropped and he was cleared by the police when it was determined the next day that the charges were based on mistaken identity."

There's a discrepency in the treatment of players and what teams and the league will tolerate, based on their star power.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2019-arizona-cardinals-1836556422

Death tried to stop it, but WYTS returns for another year!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    https://deadspin.com/the-falcons-are-bringing-d-j-durkin-to-training-camp-b-1836607947

also the falcons in the running for shittiest team already.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2019-arizona-cardinals-1836556422

Death tried to stop it, but WYTS returns for another year!

Actually, it was Dr. Magarys monster that terrorized the NFLs bottom feeders (every last team/owner).

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    San Francisco is up, now.

Someone should tweet it at bosa and get this self fulfilling prophecy going.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-training-camps/0ap3000001036518/Garafolo-Trent-Williams-may-not-return-to-Skins-at-all

So, it looks like Trent Williams (Left Tackle) is very pissed with Washington, and is holding out. Not just for pay issues, but also treatment issues (feels medical staff were negligent over a health issue).

That brings up who, on the depth chart... *checks notes*.

Ereck Flowers.

Well, if that happens, I can write the obit already.

Dwayne Haskins. 1997-2019. We hardly knew ye.

The Jets write-up is fucking brutal.

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Interesting choice for Magary to eschew parody and hyperbole in favor of straightforward analysis for the Raiders entry.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    Interesting choice for Magary to eschew parody and hyperbole in favor of straightforward analysis for the Raiders entry.

It's hard to make fun of a clown really.

The funniest thing was in the comments where the anti vax running backs kids can't go to Alabama because they have a vaccination policy.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    Jameis Winston Tampa Bay is up, now.

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Oh hey, the team for which i rooted for about two decades and dropped once they drafted Winston. Glad to see I'm not missing anything.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    Golden Tate failed a PED test, blames fertility drug.

Good luck getting pregnant, Golden!

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Not sure if that is supposed to be a joke but fertility drugs for men do exist

wbBv3fj.png
    I know. But would it really surprise anybody if a footbaw player took something that increases ovulation because they heard it worked like a steroid?

I know. But would it really surprise anybody if a footbaw player took something that increases ovulation because they heard it worked like a steroid?

Fertility drugs pop because they use them to cover steroid use. I highly doubt tate who's been in the league long enough to know that didn't know that. Should have claimed it was a deer spray like certain alleged murderers.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular

Fertility drugs pop because they use them to cover steroid use. I highly doubt tate who's been in the league long enough to know that didn't know that. Should have claimed it was a deer spray like certain alleged murderers.

The movie Glimmer Man taught me that the best treatment for nasal allergies is to suck on some deer penis.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
    It's the most wonderful time of the year!

Giants are up.

Looks like the Bengals curse didn't die with the departure of Marvin Lewis.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27276175/bengals-green-likely-6-8-weeks

AJ Green out for 6-8 weeks, and while Bengals management cleared the field for use, Tyler Boyd said the field was "terrible".

It's unclear if the field had a direct relationship to the injury, but it'd be typically Bengalian for them to fuck up their primary star during training on a sub-par field.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Giants are up.

The comments are the absolute best of the bunch so far.
    Maybe I’m the one who sucks.
    Dave Gettleman is an ambulatory bag of infected anal warts and racism. I wouldn’t trust him to watch a bee in a jar.
    Daniel Jones looks like the actor they’d cast to play Eli Manning in a movie about Peyton Manning’s life.
    Our arrogant douche GM made a jar of mayonnaise the franchise QB based solely on his performance at an exhibition game.
    A few months after Super Bowl 46 where we beat the Patriots (again), I was lucky enough to go to an event where our esteemed owner, John Mara, showed up with the Lombardi trophy and answered softball questions about how great the Giants were. Some moron who just graduated from college asked Mara for advice as he was setting out on a career in business. Stunned at the question, Mara paused and said something like “I don’t know…marry well—I inherited a family business.”

• PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Giants are up.

Dave Gettleman is an ambulatory bag of infected anal warts and racism. I wouldn’t trust him to watch a bee in a jar.
    Daniel Jones looks like the actor they’d cast to play Eli Manning in a movie about Peyton Manning’s life.
    Our arrogant douche GM made a jar of mayonnaise the franchise QB based solely on his performance at an exhibition game.
    A few months after Super Bowl 46 where we beat the Patriots (again), I was lucky enough to go to an event where our esteemed owner, John Mara, showed up with the Lombardi trophy and answered softball questions about how great the Giants were. Some moron who just graduated from college asked Mara for advice as he was setting out on a career in business. Stunned at the question, Mara paused and said something like “I don’t know…marry well—I inherited a family business.”
    Gotta respect the honesty

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

AJ Green out for 6-8 weeks, and while Bengals management cleared the field for use, Tyler Boyd said the field was "terrible".

It's unclear if the field had a direct relationship to the injury, but it'd be typically Bengalian for them to fuck up their primary star during training on a sub-par field.

To be fair to the Browns’ offspring, the NFL made them practice there because 100 years ago the first ever NFL game was played at that site

• TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Giants are up.

LMAO. It's like all the G-Men commentant was coached well by Preacher.

They are all such beautiful men now. SUCH BEAUTIFUL MEN!

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    edited July 2019

To be fair to the Browns’ offspring, the NFL made them practice there because 100 years ago the first ever NFL game was played at that site

It gets weirder than that. The first game was played a little ways away but that site is now a park. The NFL wanted to build a field for this anniversary thing at the park but got shot down since the park was built on top of not one, but two native American burial grounds. So they compromised to the university of Dayton.

Carpy on
    Tyreek Hill, who will face no punishment from the league for hitting his son (due to lack of evidence), says he hit his son because it was a boxing lesson.

Tyreek Hill, who will face no punishment from the league for hitting his son (due to lack of evidence), says he hit his son because it was a boxing lesson.

Yes grown men frequently box their 3 year olds... ROLE MODEL RIGHT HERE!

It's bad enough he got away with it, this is basically just waving it around "fuck you you can't do anything to me!"

pleasepaypreacher.net

Yes grown men frequently box their 3 year olds... ROLE MODEL RIGHT HERE!

It's bad enough he got away with it, this is basically just waving it around "fuck you you can't do anything to me!"

It's Peterson's "Yeah, I still whup him. I just use a belt now." bullshit.

Look, I’m grasping at straws here. The Jags could sign LeBron to play tight end and I’d still have to stick a hairbrush up my ass to feel anything when discussing them. I should just write the rest of this post while high, but already know it would be a waste of weed.

• quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    [chef kiss]

If the Tweet doesn't load, just know that the Gruden Raiders are everything we could have ever hoped they would be

Drew is getting way too good at this.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

But not as stupid as the resulting super bowl.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    Stupid inception

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

But not as stupid as the resulting super bowl.

I regret that I have but one agree to give.