As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Truly this has been the final fantasy

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    My cousin just got engaged and I’d like to get the couple a small present. They both play FFXIV and have a strong appreciation for the series in general. I’m thinking something like a charm or other accessory that they could both wear matching sets of. Any suggestions for physical products?

Something like this you mean?

https://www.etsy.com/shop/LootCaveCo?section_id=22044084

I bought the Dragoon job charm for myself and the Red Mage for my best friend.

IKknkhU.gif
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Yep thanks! Exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    My cousin just got engaged and I’d like to get the couple a small present. They both play FFXIV and have a strong appreciation for the series in general. I’m thinking something like a charm or other accessory that they could both wear matching sets of. Any suggestions for physical products?

Thanks! I was looking at these the other day and I’ll probably grab the Paladin one

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Thanks! I was looking at these the other day and I’ll probably grab the Paladin one

Oh, Vow, you should know that shop also sells little Rikku-dagger charms, too

You can get them either in earring or keychain form (I did the latter, since I don't wear earrings)

IKknkhU.gif
  • H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited July 2019

Aw, why is the red mage stone not red? Nevermind, found one that got the right color further down.

Even so, that's a cool thing you found, Stilts.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Today I fought a cookie but it was a little kooky

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    ...Praline?

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    ...Praline?

Yes

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Wow. Patching 19 yo software? Somebody tell Microsoft.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I think this got patched today for the rest since mine updated earlier on the switch

• EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Remind me, which way does the original software function?

edited July 2019
    Sounds like it means an area’s BGM track starts over from the beginning after being interrupted by an event that changes the music. Specifically random battles or a card game. And they’re changing it so that it holds position and starts from where it left off.

Enlong on
  • turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    I think Einzel meant was that a problem in the PS1 version of FF9 as well, or new for the remaster?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I don't remember but I think I would have remembered that if it did since that sounds terrible and I always paid a lot of attention to the music in the PS1 FFs

BahamutZERO.gif
    The BGM didn't restart in the original version; it's unique to the ports

• Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Well, fixing it three years later is better than nothing I guess.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    The BGM didn't restart in the original version; it's unique to the ports

yeah this was a demand that Uematsu made for FF VI and has been in every game since, I think

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

They make pins of the job icons. Find out their main jobs and get them the pins for them.

Also, since you're in Japan currently, you should check out the Eorzea Cafe, a FFXIV themed restaurant.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    The chocobo wings and Ifrit curry are good.

steam_sig.png
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    ..Actually I wonder if anyone on Etsy makes like rings modeled after the ceremony of eternal binding rings

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    ..Actually I wonder if anyone on Etsy makes like rings modeled after the ceremony of eternal binding rings

Probably. I rather like my wedding band, though - I had it designed off of the PLD and DRK job emblems, with both my and my wife's main toon's patron symbols on it. It's also set with a yellow sapphire (since yellow stones are for VIT boosting tank jewelry.)

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular

They make pins of the job icons. Find out their main jobs and get them the pins for them.

Also, since you're in Japan currently, you should check out the Eorzea Cafe, a FFXIV themed restaurant.

I ended up getting them the job stone keychains for their preferred classes:
    mh4bdwc5krvo.jpg

I like the composition of the pic they sent in thanks even though it's backlit. Thanks for the tip about the Eorzea Cafe. Let me know if there's anything you want me to take pictures of or otherwise order: I'd be happy to go a few times.

My computer died a few months prior to leaving for Japan and it took almost 6 weeks before the replacement motherboard I ordered was available. Then once I had everything I found that my liquid cooler was also malfunctioning and by that time I was nervous that I wouldn't get it's replacement prior to moving. So all in all I haven't had a chance to play FFXIV and probably won't be able to until mid to late September. :( Then again, now that I'm in Japan I probably won't be spending as much time indoors, even though right now in the heat of summer it's the perfect time to. Eventually I'll get back into it. I think I might start over on one of the Japanese servers just so I can keep practicing.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Kind of wild how the FF8 remake is delivering everything I actually wanted from an FF7 remake. Just clean up the textures and backgrounds so they don't look like ass on a modern TV, maybe full model overhauls for a handful of main characters, and add some quality of life options. That's all it takes to make me happy, SquareEnix.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
    I probably would have been happy with an FF7 remaster, but I’m excited for the remake.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Javen wrote: »
    I probably would have been happy with an FF7 remaster, but I’m excited for the remake.

The e3 stuff looks so fucking good oh my god. The battle system looks like a great midpoint of ATB and character action.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    if they can do anywhere close to the job capcom did with the RE2make, then I will be fucking stoked

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    if they can do anywhere close to the job capcom did with the RE2make, then I will be fucking stoked

Could you imagine if they did some of the shit RE2make did? Original soundtrack/sound effects? Original-styled MODELS?!

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
    Let me play FFVII as a block of tofu.

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Let me play FFVII as a block of tofu.

I have excellent news about the last eight releases of the game.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I was kinda bummed about the remake being so different.

And I still kinda am, and worry about what might get cut and changed.

But boy does the new combat system look fun as hell.

Just imagine what RedXIII is gonna be like in that system. Or Cait Sith. And they're not dicking up magic and summons like they did in 15.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    turtleant wrote: »
    I was kinda bummed about the remake being so different.

And I still kinda am, and worry about what might get cut and changed.

But boy does the new combat system look fun as hell.

Just imagine what RedXIII is gonna be like in that system. Or Cait Sith. And they're not dicking up magic and summons like they did in 15.

Red XIII stuffed in a sailor suit is going to be awesome.

The thing I'm most worried about is stuff getting cut or truncated.
    If they intend to have literally everything that was in FF7, and maybe some extra new stuff, but with this new actiony combat, that would be good. If they just hit highlights, or have it be structured as combat segments separated by non-interactive cutscenes replacing all the RPG walking around doing non-combat shit, I will be very disappointed.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    They've GOTTA realise fans will want the whole thing. And as they're developing and releasing it episodically, they can sting us for like $30 per episode for like 10x 10 hour episodes, and we'll gladly pay it...

heh, $30 per episode, good one

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    I think the 7 Remake combat looks real interesting, but I thought the combat looked real interesting in previews of 13 and 15 as well, and I hated how both of those games actually turned out to play.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I thought XV was pretty fun, if a bit rough