As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Anthem] Death from Above ! and Sideways ! sometimes even from Below !

• KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Jumped in and flew around again. Played for about 90 minutes. Couldn’t finish the quests cause I didn’t know what a crystallised enemy was and as usual it took for ever to find the events.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Here is a link with the location of all the world event spawns.

Running a circuit of the nodes usually nets events quickly and without issue.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Is the game still buggy AF?

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    My brief time in, I didn't have any bugs. Performance seemed to take a minor hit with this pre-catacylsm stuff, but it could be that I should download the latest Nvidia drivers.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    I've had a slew of performance problems on the reg but the way the game lets the player quickly restart the mission at a check point means I haven't lost a whole lot of progress.

If only other online games were as generous with reconnecting to instances

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Performance has been fine for me but I apparently have the perfect rig that's immune to poor optimization in games.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Seems like a crystallised enemy is one of the new dominion soldier only. And for it to count towards the achievement you have to kill them with a bullet. Since 90% of my damage is combo and dots it probably explains why I’ve finished every other achievement but only 17/60 on the enemies.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • PapaganderPapagander Registered User regular
    I tried to come back to Anthem this past week for new events, but I now randomly freeze in the first couple of minutes of a freeplay and get booted back to home on the xbox.

“There are no happy endings, because nothing ends.” ... also, "Ah, turn blue!"
    XBOne | LyrKing
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Papagander wrote: »
    I tried to come back to Anthem this past week for new events, but I now randomly freeze in the first couple of minutes of a freeplay and get booted back to home on the xbox.

...not the best sign for their attempts to turn the game around.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Aye I heard on the PS4 it's particularly bad in Freeplay. Haven't tried myself on PC.

• KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    So yesterday I finally got my javelin up to Masterwork. With everything 61 with one 75 and my lone 38 thing. And I'm amazing useless in GM 3, lol. So should I be playing GM 2 for more 75 drops, or be farming GM 1?

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    I popped back in on PC and played a few strongholds and some free play. No issue getting it, but i don't think it was able to match me with anyone.

I guess it's a ghost town now which sucks.

I need to look it up online and maybe even delete and reload the game. It just really hurts because the timing is long enough to really get excited about flying around as I do the opening deep dive towards scenic waterfalls and then -blump- I freeze and get booted to home.

Maybe I'll try something other than freeplay and see if that works too, but freeplay was the best for a short snippet of this game type. A daily, breath-taking 15 minute flight around the environs in this game always made me slightly happier than when I'd begun.

XBOne | LyrKing
  • hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Papagander wrote: »
    A daily, breath-taking 15 minute flight around the environs in this game always made me slightly happier than when I'd begun.
    A-men.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I don't actually play Freeplay a whole lot, I generally try and group up on missions.
    The matchmaker doesn't tend to start me up with few mates but there's usually a bunch that fill out the instance mid-mission. If more players helped with that sort of thing it probably would be less of a ghost town

BRIAN BLESSED on
    I don't actually play Freeplay a whole lot, I generally try and group up on missions.
    The matchmaker doesn't tend to start me up with few mates but there's usually a bunch that fill out the instance mid-mission. If more players helped with that sort of thing it probably would be less of a ghost town

When I play, it's mostly in freeplay. Very rare do I not have 3 people also in the instance. IMO, the missions don't really lend themselves to repeating too well, including strongholds. This isn't just an Anthem thing to me either, running Strikes/Missions in Destiny got boring vs patrols/pvp. Futzing about in the city in both Division games was more entertaining than the missions, which I only really touch now for projects... and so on.

I would argue that in most games with an open world, that's where the population is going to skew toward as the missions get older.

15gig update. Apparently it's 1.3 so start of cataclysm stuff (the lead in missions, hopefully melee slots and removal of luck too).

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

If it's not omega buggy I'll jump back in this week!

l4lGvOw.png

wra
    edited August 2019
    Title screen has added crystals. Server downtime still going. Due to end in about 45mins I think.
    fzgdwwkyrnfy.jpg
    edit: patch notes
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Anthem-Update-Notes-1-3-0/m-p/8078158/highlight/true#M82142

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    here's the patch notes. new story mission and Cataclysm now live. Luck stat gone so hopefully drop rates will be better. and yes, melee weapons have been added. lots of other changes and fixes in there too.

• Ear3nd1lEar3nd1l Eärendil the Mariner, father of Elrond Registered User regular
    I'll have to pop in later and give the cataclysm a go. I haven't played in a while and have been waiting for this update.

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Shit yeah I know what I'll be doing tonight!

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Patch notes look decent, ill keep an eye out here for what you folks think of the patch.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Oh they finally listened about how dumb the luck stat was.

I'll probably give it a go this weekend but man I'm so rusty.

Edit: Rally Cry auto-reviving teammates at MW means its actually useful now.

Dragkonias on
  • hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Those are some really really worthwhile patch notes. Time to make sure my console is downloading this update while I work!

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
    I can already hear complaints about melee not hitting as hard until you equip the new melee weapons, but hopefully the drops on those are fast. I know I'll be out there in my murderceptor tonight.

Also guilds now?

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Well, this looks interesting. getting back in tonight.

Heh story mission
    GotG reference on third mission

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

edited August 2019
    I literally upgraded from ADSL2 to fiber broadband last night I'm so fucking pumped to not wait 3 days to continuously download this shit

BRIAN BLESSED on
  • morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Re-downloaded the game and tried a mission. First bug was noticeable right off and super annoying. The screen ratio/size whatever is off on the TV, so most of the really useful HUD info is hidden behind my TV's bezel. Could not find any way to address this in game. I suppose I could have adjusted it in my TV settings, but then every single other application on my XBOX would have been hit with a 4-sided letterbox.
    Load times are still really long, I honestly thought it had frozen and was about to restart the console when mission finally loaded. Lack of a slow moving loading bar doesn't make the load times any shorter, it just denies you information on whether or not you're making progress.
    Played as a Ranger on GM1 with a full Masterwork loadout (barring melee and support items, which were Epic). Struggled hard to kill things before they got annihilated by the two Warlocks and Colossus in my squad. Unless there's new gear I have to grind for, the Ranger equipment still kind of sucks and you don't have any kind of weapon enhancing skills to make up for it. Tried a bunch of melee, range on the shock stick feels shorter, and it didn't do very much damage. Definitely not worth closing in on a group of enemies to use it.
    Coloration on the new mission (Tip of the Spear) was pretty similar, made it hard to differentiate the terrain. Maybe a poor design choice, maybe part of whatever bug is preventing me from seeing full screen.

Not trying to be a downer but I think I'm going to re-delete the game. Just not really any improvements that I could see, and pretty much all of the same issues as before. Ft. Tarsis still feels tacked on and stupid and pointless. Flying still feels good, but I thought they'd upped the flight overheating timers? Had to land every 10 seconds or so, which sucks.

XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
  • Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Reinstalled it on my PS4, didn’t see any immediate problems.

Used my Colossus to go through 4 story missions, and spending the rewards at the new vendor for the MW melee things. Got 2 different Storm and 2 the same Interceptor melee weapons.

Tried the new gamemode, but we were only 3, and after the 1st crystal we didn’t know where to go, but after 5 minutes I found a new entrance leading to the 2nd crystal. The gamemode is timed and you need to destroy 7 crystals and then the Valkyrie. It has heaps of challenges, which rewards you with decals and even wraps.
    There are speed and no-kill challenges in there. GM1 was hard, might try it on a lower difficulty until I know what and where to do everything.

The projector screens that steal the object (like a relic piece) are really annoying.

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Jumped on for 30 minutes or so and did the first mission. Ranger still shreds single targets with the infinite combo missiles.

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    So are there any new achievements for this update?

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I forgot how much fun this game was.

Prohass wrote: »
    So are there any new achievements for this update?

Nopers, no new achievements. As such, haven’t played yet myself.

Also doubt the patch and all will be a game changer to the folks who’ve spent an inordinate amount of time reinforcing their dislike of the game too, lol.

Ok, so I owe Anthem a possible apology. Looks like my repeater has died, and my normal wifi is trash. So me shooting to Home after a minute or so of freeplay last week might have been early warning signs, idk.

I couldn't do Xbox online at all over the weekend as I was too busy to diagnose the problem fully till Sunday (that, and I kept seeing some outages with Xbox game services here and there Friday/Saturday and assumed it was linked).

I'm downloading the update but its a multi-day process without a solid repeater for my wifi. Gonna see tonight/tomorrow if the game can run at all till I get a replacement. Cataclysm sounds fun and I want in!!!

XBOne | LyrKing
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I forgot how much fun this game was.

Yeah having played like RDR 2 and Div 2 recently it was fun to pop into bright and shiny with like more actiony combat.

I did one story mission and one of the freeplay events. I did notice there are a shit ton more daily quests than there were before which is a welcome change. No new weapons yet beyond a pair of swords for my murderceptor but again I've played like 40 minutes due to time constraints.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I'm hearing there's still a good amount of bugs.

Crashing during free play, and some missions not loading at all.

:(

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Eh, I still can't talk to Dax or the triplets, so I've basically checked out of the story, such as it was.

ugh, yeah game is crashing a fair amount

worse than before I stopped playing

l4lGvOw.png

wra