As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Final Fantasy 14! Shadowbringers! The best expansion to an MMO ever!

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Not just a bit, it ranges from a quarter to a third drop in their mana usage, that's pretty huge. We're back to Lucid being able to sustain us indefinitely outside of rez dualcasts.

• NumiNumi Registered User regular
    As it should be. Having the basic rotation run you oom was dumb, did-you-even-test-this-dumb.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    Oh nice they changed how sleeve draw worked

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    AST gets big healing potency increases

Now if they just made the card mechanic interesting, or atleast got rid of half the buttons it takes.

• BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    AST feels a lot better to heal with. Large pulls aren't making me panic when yesterday it was kind of a struggle. I'm just getting into ShB content with mine so we'll see if that holds up

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Hmmmm no changes to bards. Kinda feel like they do a complete over haul for us each expac and then just leave us alone.

steam_sig.png
  • KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    For those wanting to save their roulettes for XP, you get 135 tokens total for doing Expert + Trial + Raid (presuming you get Eden for the raid). You do get some tokens for Eden - 10 for Eden 1.

At 450 per week, that means 3, maybe 4 evenings of duty finder to cap.

KiTA on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Hmm. How much of that is just doing expert? And frontlines for glamour progress...

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    omg thank CHRIST on those RDM MP nerfs. Was doing Eden DF last night and couldn't count how many times after throwing out Raises like candy I was like "Welp..I'm casting one spell every regen tick and a half now."

"But Ilpala doesn't that mean your group was just bad?"

Look, there's the world that should be and there's the world that we live in.

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »
    omg thank CHRIST on those RDM MP nerfs. Was doing Eden DF last night and couldn't count how many times after throwing out Raises like candy I was like "Welp..I'm casting one spell every regen tick and a half now."

"But Ilpala doesn't that mean your group was just bad?"

Look, there's the world that should be and there's the world that we live in.

Buy some X-ethers. They're cheap as shit and restore over 10% of your mp.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    e: Boo. I misread the notes. They made the clone attack instant, but base Midare still has a cast time. Boo.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
    I am sad to announce that the Phantasmagoria gear breaks the ShB trend of gear sets generally matching one another. I have mostly Eden gear on my Dark Knight and it's all shiny bright holy knight stuff (as it should be), the Phantasmagoria gear is called Deepshadow and it is really quite dark, with crimson cloth and runes. Fortunately the Deepshadow leggings + skirt are hidden under the Eden chest, so I'll be going that route.

Wait.
    Is that the gear the Shadowlord is wearing in the 5th Role Quest? If so, does the sword look like her black and crimson thing?

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Speaking of gear, is xivstyle.com a dead site? They still haven't updated with any Shadowbringers gear.

I want to browse glamours!

• AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Oh neat, Succor got 0.5s shaved off its cast time.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
    Aegis wrote: »
    Oh neat, Succor got 0.5s shaved off its cast time.

Does that mean it...

Succors less now?

• QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    NIN got just one pot increase of 50. Big ouch ;;

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Speaking of gear, is xivstyle.com a dead site? They still haven't updated with any Shadowbringers gear.

I want to browse glamours!

they never added orbonne monastery gear either so it's been a while since they updated yeah

BahamutZERO.gif
  • CiriraCirira IowaRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Cirira wrote: »
    Finally managed to climb Baelsar's Wall and finish Heavensward. The quests leading into Stormblood got me super hyped for it. Only 1 expansion behind now! Also feels weird with my Miner already being level 70 while my Warrior and Dragoon are both just 60.

I'd hold off on working on the miner any further until you're done with Stormblood at least. Once you complete the main story quests you'll get access to the currency vendors for that expansion, including a yellow scrip vendor that sells level 70 gatherer gear that will last you until 80.

I got access to this already actually. My miner has the full suit of lvl 70 gear. The quest to unlock those were available at 60 when i showed up at the town that I'm assuming was the hub for Stormblood that had to be built up.

Qanamil wrote: »

50 is significant. the skill got 20% more damage, and it's a frequently used skill.

edited July 2019
    Well, Samurai at 60 and the Heavensward job quest finished.
    Damn that was good not mmo good, but actually good, maybe a bit cliche, but i really loved that they committed to it to the end.
    Tempted to start levelling samurai seriously now, but really shouldn't too much other stuff (like finishing stormblood MSQ) that should take priority.

But damn that was good.

edit-
    The final fight was also damn good.
    I was wearing level 60 tomestone gear, i was using all my defensive abilities, and i felt like i could loose.
    Sure it might have been easier if i had been maining samurai, but even so, that fight felt like i was being pushed in a good way.

Nyysjan on
  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Nyysjan wrote: »

Now if they just made the card mechanic interesting, or atleast got rid of half the buttons it takes.

The cards were interesting, it was just thet Royal Road made every card play practically require a party buff. Personally, I would've left all the cards except Ewer and Spire as they were. For Ewer I would change it to give an MP discount on spells instead of a weak regen. For Spire it would give either a move speed boost or cooldown acceleration (eg two seconds of a cooldown for each second).

And down goes the servers?

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »
    And down goes the servers?

they seem to have recovered

BahamutZERO.gif

The cards were interesting, it was just thet Royal Road made every card play practically require a party buff. Personally, I would've left all the cards except Ewer and Spire as they were. For Ewer I would change it to give an MP discount on spells instead of a weak regen. For Spire it would give either a move speed boost or cooldown acceleration (eg two seconds of a cooldown for each second).
    "Were" being the important word here.
    Right now, apart from the 3 types needed for the party buff, in practice there are 2 cards.
    Melee/tank damage buff an ranged/healer damage buff.
    And that buff is so minuscule that i tend to throw it on the tank anyway just so i can move on faster towards the party buff and not waste time switching targets.
    Ofcourse pre shadowbringer i just kept the mp regen card as a backup so i could get mana back, so not that much variety there either.

Card mechanic has way too many buttons dedicated to it for all the (lack of) depth it has.
    I'd trade the whole card mechanic for couple extra "oh shit" emergency heals that are not tied to global cooldown.

Right now, apart from the 3 types needed for the party buff, in practice there are 2 cards.
    And that buff is so minuscule that i tend to throw it on the tank anyway just so i can move on faster towards the party buff and not waste time switching targets.
    Ofcourse pre shadowbringer i just kept the mp regen card as a backup so i could get mana back, so not that much variety there either.

Card mechanic has way too many buttons dedicated to it for all the (lack of) depth it has.
    I'd trade the whole card mechanic for couple extra "oh shit" emergency heals that are not tied to global cooldown.

8% dmg buff is pretty significant.

• Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular

Everyone was all about Balance, but I was also a big fan of Spear. Especially if I was running with mom since her main was Bard. Bole had some use as well, like in the latter half of the Tsukuyomi fight. Pop that when Lunacy was immenent and it's easier to survive.

But now it's nothing but damage buffs when we've already got a few of those.

• GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »

8% dmg buff is pretty significant.

Especially if you're good and try to stack it with your target's own damage buffs. Which I don't, because I'm not.

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i love annoying BLMs by buffing them when they're in ice

liEt3nH.png
    edited July 2019
    90002, disconnected, reconnected, 90006, reconnected, 90002.

DDOS?

Edit: Launcher says... yes

KiTA on
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »
    90002, disconnected, reconnected, 90006, reconnected, 90002.

DDOS?

Yes.

Tcheldor wrote: »

50 is significant. the skill got 20% more damage, and it's a frequently used skill.

NIN's problem is far far greater than just being a little low on pDPS. 50 is laughable and Savage numbers will show this / I assume they're already working on something bigger behind the scenes.

• JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I have to imagine even if personal dps is on the low side their raid utility is huge? Have they commented on this being a balancing act so that it’s not 2tanks/2heals/4ninjas?

Trick attack does not bring enough to the table actually. It's bringing 1,000-1,250 rDPS to the group on average as I recall from FFLogs.

A SAM or DRG (I'm thinking MNK, BLM, & BRD too) will bring more even factoring in TA.

• DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    So I'm making my way through Heavensward, and I keep wondering how Ishgard even exists.

Like they've closed themselves off to the world and have been covered in snow for 5 years. Do they ever explain what they eat there or how they survive?

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    So I'm making my way through Heavensward, and I keep wondering how Ishgard even exists.

Like they've closed themselves off to the world and have been covered in snow for 5 years. Do they ever explain what they eat there or how they survive?

Cloudfish and crops farmed in the sea of clouds, one assumes. Trade from the other cities is probably still ongoing, just not in large quantities and probably not being done from the city itself.

steam_sig.png
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Stormblood Beast tribes complete.
    Nhaza'a Jaab talks made shit for somebody who get's chumped every time he shows up

• NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular

Cloudfish and crops farmed in the sea of clouds, one assumes. Trade from the other cities is probably still ongoing, just not in large quantities and probably not being done from the city itself.

IIRC, isn't that kind of the point of Camp Dragonhead and the rest of Central Coerthas? That it was the link between Ishgard proper and the rest of Eorzea?

• Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2019
    Ishgard had been at war with the dragons and isolationist long before the climate changed on them during the Calamity. Camp Dragonhead and other areas were their forward observation posts and rear area bases to study the dragon's movements. Game limitations wouldn't let the devs show it, but it stands to reason that most of their farming was done in the sea of clouds. Even without the sudden onset of snow after Dalmud fell, the land areas immediately around Ishgard are rocky and ill suited to farming.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

Moogles.

steam_sig.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Trick attack does not bring enough to the table actually. It's bringing 1,000-1,250 rDPS to the group on average as I recall from FFLogs.

A SAM or DRG (I'm thinking MNK, BLM, & BRD too) will bring more even factoring in TA.

DRG has both high personal DPS and a pair of strong buffs to boost party DPS, so... yeah, they beat Ninja handily at the moment.

But NIN's problem isn't just the numbers. The execution required for them in 5.0 is insane.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
This discussion has been closed.