As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Salt Always. The Queen Is Dead (Skadi)! Long Live The Queen (Castoria)!

vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XXRegistered User regular
edited July 2022 in Social Entropy++
y7STNVn.png

FATE/GRAND ORDER is a gacha-style mobile game from Aniplex based on the popular multimedia Fate series.

Collect Waifus and Husbandos. Or drown in Gacha Salt.

Save the world. Then save it again. Then save it again.

Why can't it stay saved?

Do fun events to forget about that previous question.

Enjoy the occasional fantastically written story chapter that later gets adapted to plays, movies, and or tv shows.

Complain about the terribly written ones.

Cry about Olga Marie and Muramasa never being summonable (Edit: Outside of Japan).

Remember that this is hell that you are walking into

FRIEND CODE SPREADSHEET

And remember, always.

dYVIZDK.png

Rate-Up is a lie.

Yorokobe Shounen

Previous Threads: 1 2

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
// Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
vagrant_winds on

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Lament that very few here have read the Visual Novel that started this franchise.
    Heaven's Feel Best Route

RIP Tsukihime and Melty Blood Fans who are even more forgotten.

vagrant_winds on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
  • AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I almost forgot how stupidly lucrative this event is. On top of just being aces for servant selection and general nonsense. Good event is good!

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'll probably have more time to really dig into it tomorrow, been tough gacha times! Lots of stuff to farm

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Lament that very few here have read the Visual Novel that started this franchise.
    Heaven's Feel Best Route

I tried to read the original visual novel but gave up 2 hours in because the writing was extremely bloated and kinda bad.

Does that count?

IKknkhU.gif
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Oh no Fran why are you so cute

I was going to grail Medb, not you

*looks at comparative NP damage numbers*

Oh nooooo, my plans...

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Did some more rolls to try and hit Saber Fran because complete the group, y'know? Nabbed her, but not before I rolled another 5*

Saber Artoria. NP6. That's Blank Saint Graph #2. NO MORE.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    I was wondering why there was so much art of Moriarty, Fran, and Babbage. I love this team.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I wasn't expecting a Sukeban Deka reference in there. Especially specifically pointing out how old it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_J7TPYM_lg

uyvfOQy.png
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    The two inventor dads fighting over grilling techniques is very good.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I am very pleased at how absurdly good my Caster-form Emperor is. Strong NP gain. Incredibly strong damage for a Caster (2nd highest base attack, but stronger after self buffs). She just waltzes in and declares herself ruler over offensive casters.

Da'Vinci is still great, is more defensive and spams NPs better, but no one actually has her. Illya still has the single target nuke down, but is much weaker outside of that burst. Sanzang has strong all-around damage, and can NP twice in a row, and does good sustained damage, but her lack of self-buffs hold back her burst. And Sheba, the strongest and fluffiest offensive 4* Caster, isn't out in Global for a bit longer.

Plus, taking neutral damage from Berserkers is kinda sweet.

Doesn't Da Vinci still need their NP buff? Waiting on that to field them more often

Stilts wrote: »
    Heaven's Feel Best Route

I tried to read the original visual novel but gave up 2 hours in because the writing was extremely bloated and kinda bad.

Does that count?

Not saying you have to enjoy it, but you did quit in the introduction of the introduction and character building route of a novel that takes most people ~50 hours to fully complete. It does start slow.

Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel are where most of the praise comes from. Fate spends most of it's time introducing the world and characters and having Shirou be useless before he actually takes a stand and does shit in the other two routes.

That said, for people that despise reading, the Unlimited Blade Works anime adaption, while not perfect, is pretty good. And the two of three Heaven's Feel movies that have been released so far are utterly fantastic adaptions and way better than the UBW anime.

Madican wrote: »
    Doesn't Da Vinci still need their NP buff? Waiting on that to field them more often

Yeah. It won't hit for us till next year.

Sanzang's gotten hers already. Illya will get her's likely this coming month.

Gah, I'm having a hell of a time getting through even the middle rank quests. Chances are very high that I lose someone and then the whole thing collapses. Guess I have to completely forgo using any bonus Servants and just use CEs and non-bonus (but actually levelled) Servants.

This sucks. It's always like this--I either do the easy quests with bonus people, or use non-bonus people and actually clear hard content, and I can't tell which is more efficient.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Gah, I'm having a hell of a time getting through even the middle rank quests. Chances are very high that I lose someone and then the whole thing collapses. Guess I have to completely forgo using any bonus Servants and just use CEs and non-bonus (but actually levelled) Servants.

This sucks. It's always like this--I either do the easy quests with bonus people, or use non-bonus people and actually clear hard content, and I can't tell which is more efficient.

Depends how big a bonus you can stack and raw drop count/stamina. I'd need to look it up. The base number per drop is worthless.

Can you win with just your front line and stack bonuses in back?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    I'm a dummy and didn't realize the previous summer crowd also get bonuses (less, but still). So....yeah.

Yeah, I'm using summer 1, support summer, waver, and a backline of summer 2 I desoerately dont want to come out (well, nobuzerker is now leveled but not skilled because ow those mat needs).

Weirdly I'm now being punished for not leveling Summer Shishou. Shuten does the same job, but no free bonus mats...

Yeah. Summer Tamamo, Merlin (meh, no bonus, but it's Merlin), and Summer Nero was a great team to clear Nito's Part 1 waves with backline Summer 2 servants.

It feels so weird having Merlin be the best support for a Caster.

I'm focused on Helena node because it only drops Junk currency, which I need 8k+ of, and I can field a mono Archer setup

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I've got Da Vinci, she's cool

But yeah she doesn't hit especially hard currently

Super useful for some challenge quests though, with loads of sustain and debuff immunity

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Ugh, it's so annoying to have to update my support setups and teams for every round 'cuz the drops change.

At least I seem to be getting A LOT of currency, so the grind shouldn't be as bad as they have sometimes been for me.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    Of course Nero has a mobile pipe organ fortress with a statue of herself on it.

It's her Golden Theater, just from the outside.

Nero doesn't do subtle

That statue is Saber Venus from Extella.

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    I'm starting to think that me rolling everyone on the banner was secretly a curse

so many level 1 servants with +2 event bonuses, so few EXP cards

I'm currently just running Summer Martha+Summer Nero+Support frontline and hoping I can survive to beat the node, if anything challenging comes up I'm pretty sure I'm fucked

Area 2
    Oh shit, Avenger Boudica! Though, seems kind of a waste to use it on a gag? At least give her a unique sprite. Hmm, maybe this year she'll get that swimsuit version in JP?

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Wait a sec...is Caster Nero just a Sazabi? Those bits remind me of something...

uyvfOQy.png
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    Caster Nero absolutely utilizes a fin funnel system

Reynolds wrote: »
    Wait a sec...is Caster Nero just a Sazabi? Those bits remind me of something...

She's very much a Gundam, but like MHXX next year, she's not any one robot. There's lots of summer servants in this game that draw inspiration from Super Robot Wars. Summer BB is LITERALLY Shin Getter Robo for example in all her attack animations. See Also: Summer Salter, Summer Jeanne, Hijikata, Parvati, and Saber Diarmuid that also have attacks or NPs that are clear SRW callouts.

Nero on the other hand isn't a direct reference, but very much inspired by. I'd say she borrows the most from the Kshatriya rather than the Sazabi myself. Though she takes a sword move from the Sazabi's animations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FDPV8SK3Xw

Her NP is a Gunbuster reference, yeah?

Her NP is a Gunbuster reference, yeah?

HOMING LASER!

Sadly, she doesn't Super Inazuma Kick!!

Can we just remove Blackbeard from the game?

I'd probably give Columbus the boot before him but yeah he does not need to be showing up as often as he does

252 tokens in one run (14 drops, +15 per drop). At least the farming is easy after going in so hard.

Also, Fran and Nobu's animations are wonderful to watch.

Nobu is pretty much the single greatest unit on my team now. Giant axe, MUDAMUDAMUDA, rock n' roll, and her Extra attack is KAMEHAMEHA!

Make sense. You're amused by the Jojo references.

I'm amused by the super robot references.

Madican wrote: »

I'd probably give Columbus the boot before him but yeah he does not need to be showing up as often as he does

Columbus' character and being an unredeemable villainous asshole was the only part of Agartha's writing that was actually decent.

If you're gonna get rid of him, you have to get rid of Caster Gilles de Rais who's similarly evil and hard to summon.

No I don't