As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem: Heroes] Now with Cowgirls

• Options
    AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Not the refines I wanted most, but not bad. I liked Mae and Boey alright in their game. I actually have a +5 Boey from back when I needed dedicated Rein/Lyn counters - he is +res and has Raven/TA. Nowadays I bet DB4 moonbow Reins can still kill him.

Acheron on
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Surprising literally no one:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3jApS1OeRM

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    L azura and carghenis too? that's a pretty packed banner, as long as you can dodge green

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    L azura and carghenis too? that's a pretty packed banner, as long as you can dodge green

Colorless is absolutely nuts. Red is really good too

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Well, I did it... Day 1 player and my first one of these:
    3mgmnh7vldqv.jpg

Feh has her crown!

Can't wait to dump all my.orbs into colorless tomorrow. Any of the three would be great, I just hope my 5 star rate is decent with 250 orbs.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    finally got my edelgard and a +atk to boot. I was expecting a -atk which always happens when I throw in for one particular person.

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DuriniaDurinia Evolved from Space Potatoes Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Acheron wrote: »
    Well, I did it... Day 1 player and my first one of these:

Feh has her crown!

Can't wait to dump all my.orbs into colorless tomorrow. Any of the three would be great, I just hope my 5 star rate is decent with 250 orbs.

Me too!

96DsVdm109L3z5D4hJpfJ5ivPpGjCXq9RX0aJSeIG-bWHj2mVpXXRvyiPL5THk8WHYbKxp32xZYfoZEtfYM7nz0U9F8cG_NrlPOoNRwV8iEjKFgJEQ5FvAi7PhOjWnacs483GeDFTv9TvPpoXWh7kUt35GWM6JEVoc9dF8O71SOr4MliOmzdZ0VP8poWbprSkjoCYKuwJwuEfKVvBAnKLtrJDtveAU8-5oS3eYwyQCi-sqXZaRQKEDUozuNeUIoY8-Q2Cf0Asy4RGks6MVPcixfsmGnuFT-c_w4d-3FhFNfPM8SsnEpqXozsz0VJiYcQI2DSRdSGq5LKimLS64T84WyyPmuBDOXXXSdsS7NAbnwn3TlANyqmPF94g3DXQjFQIs-1Kx-df36wunhaKkJ_Ljh3-piD0EJdlRfaacbfsQkqI9yoqp-w02Nz0xk4aPLEVea5FARUfvO6TcD0VTpEjlbmuG4ORcRJRHWDEg0aD2Vx-RLXGiUJtn5zadllElFcgRZ0H0HQdBvWZ7AsQ9lY2g776loVw0Jq0af_Qz2kxc2dfoFWsqJeWgzifOvLNWOvUsmTgdjOGu0xObY__O2P8RpXI63YhEKAjELD1Z3WyBjbt4l-I6Y8XiV0kvvYIzSGneCsvfPpJQDZcJouFAS521HtOdSPBPTx=w446-h892-no

My decision to merge up a Naesala really paid off. I've had 3 +10s for ages, but never a bonus unit past about +1.

Durinia on
    For business reasons, I must preserve the outward sign of sanity.
    --Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited July 2019

(damn, this is gonna be a rough one.. None of these are merged up too high for me. No idea who I'll use.. Maybe I'll get lucky on this mythic banner)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Woo that is rough. Or it would be if I hadn't pulled Edelgard!

EDIT: Oh wait dudeByleth is there too...

Dr. Flamingo on
  • Options
    Dumped all 250 orbs, as planned. Got 2 Eirs, one +atk and one +res. Then got a +Res Caineghis, wiping out my attack bane and perfect for AR tanking.

THEN I got a +spd -def Alm! Super pumped!! First ever pair up hero, which should change allegiance battles quite a bit.

Lastly .. I got a 10% pity rate. I think I'm gonna go Red until my rate breaks or the banner ends, because Sothis looks quite broken and Marth is new to me. Byleth speaks for himself.

• Options
    Byleth speaks for himself.

Actually, he doesn't say a while lot.

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    It took me way too long to get Sothis :( I did finally get her tho.

• Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    Was aiming for Byleth, Caineghis and Alm. 200 orbs later I got Byleth x2, Eir x2 and Alm!

Tempted to go back for more, but want to save for CYL 3.

• Options
    I got Dimitri all three times in Grand Conquests. You trying to tell me something about which house I shoulda picked game?

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or is there a real lack of good mixed-phase infantry lances? I've got one unmerged Nephenee, but she's not terribly durable. I've got a +1 neutral Fjorm kicking around, maybe I can see if there are any decent builds for her. 48 isn't great for attack and her attack doesn't benefit from Infantry Pulse, but there just aren't a lot of options in my barracks.

Also, when is IS going to give us options for filtering instead of just sorting?

• Options
    Huge lack of infantry Lances in general. I'd have +10d Ephraim by now if they demoted like they should, but other than that I don't even like any of em. Guess that is similar to the mainline series though - far more swords than lances.

• Options
    failedninjafailedninja Registered User regular
    Any advice on whether I should blow my 800 f2p orb stack on this banner or wait until CYL3? I was thinking of sniping colorless to get as big a Caineghis as possible but CYL heroes also tend to be quite good. Does any site have the math worked out for how big a + unit I can get expect from pulling on this banner vs. the CYL3 banner that will (presumably) have 1 of each color?

• Options
    Huge lack of infantry Lances in general. I'd have +10d Ephraim by now if they demoted like they should, but other than that I don't even like any of em. Guess that is similar to the mainline series though - far more swords than lances.

^ this. It seems like a lot of them also tend to be seasonals too (ex: Bride Charlotte, etc). But yeah, I feel like 99% of the lances in this game are fucking fliers (which is also like 99% of the fliers being lances :P)

• Options
    So I have some Eir fodder (mystic boost). What are the some good options for foddering that off?

Felicia comes to mind for example.

Any other options that seek to make sense?

• Options
    Ardor wrote: »
    So I have some Eir fodder (mystic boost). What are the some good options for foddering that off?

I originally gave it to Deirdre and Julia but now they have the weapon refines that kinda do the same thing so it's not as good. Honestly if you care at all about Aether Raids I say just keep her as a second Eir for your light team. You get soooooo many extra points having two on your team.

• Options
    Warlock82 wrote: »

I originally gave it to Deirdre and Julia but now they have the weapon refines that kinda do the same thing so it's not as good. Honestly if you care at all about Aether Raids I say just keep her as a second Eir for your light team. You get soooooo many extra points having two on your team.

It’s good advice! I’m in tier 21 and have a second already. The two I pulled are extras now, so curious about foddering. I do well enough to stay in the upper AR stuff, so not really looking to get a few more dragon flowers and such!

• Options

It’s good advice! I’m in tier 21 and have a second already. The two I pulled are extras now, so curious about foddering. I do well enough to stay in the upper AR stuff, so not really looking to get a few more dragon flowers and such!

In that case I'm not too sure. It's basically a fancy Renewal so I guess anyone who wants to heal to keep some HP threshold? (plus who may also be fighting dragons at some point)

• Options
    Great on refined Alm if you have him, though half of its functionality is wasted. Might be good on a close counter mage for beating dragons, but that is pretty niche. If you already give close counter to a mage, it's hard to give up vantage for healing and immunity to adaptive damage.

• Options
    Good points. I have a -atk Alm. I have a bunch of fodder I haven’t used yet and no projects, so figured I may take on a project while waiting to see what CYL 3 brings us.

• Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Any advice on whether I should blow my 800 f2p orb stack on this banner or wait until CYL3? I was thinking of sniping colorless to get as big a Caineghis as possible but CYL heroes also tend to be quite good. Does any site have the math worked out for how big a + unit I can get expect from pulling on this banner vs. the CYL3 banner that will (presumably) have 1 of each color?

Pretty sure the odds of a specific unit are lower on legendary/mythic banners than on a normal banner with no shared colors. I mean it's roughly 8%/3 for mythic/legendary, though I believe the actual percentage varies based on the color pool.

Of course if it's just a .3% difference or something that probably doesn't register much, but anecdotally my experience on legendary/mythic banners has been suffering bar once when I got like six Myrrhs off one for only a few hundred orbs.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    It took me way too long to get Sothis :( I did finally get her tho.

I got her on the 2nd try
    YAY I finally got one yay!

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Ahh, IS went like two months without leaking something.. We can't have that!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/ckx1zw/new_legendary_hero_leaked_spoilers/?st=jytihjli&sh=bff67d34
    zbrdcyfaoxd31.png

Edit: Umm oh.. This is a surprise
    https://youtu.be/oSaoEm5MgzM

(nice, Alm got Gaiden dong plate armor :D)

Warlock82 on
  • Options
    so at first glass camilla seemed like one of the better of the group

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    They really like making the colorless CYL unit nasty don't they?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Camilla: flying healer, aka the free pull. Atk/Spd Push 4 is a big jump over rank 3 and finally worth using as something other than "well they can't inherit Swift Sparrow or Fury, so..." The "immediately adjacent-only" AoE of Gravity+ never really impressed me too much, but I guess we'll see what her other skills are like. Safe to assume her B will be Wrathful, and +10 atk/spd is pretty okay.

Eliwood: +10 atk/+11 spd/+4 bulk on initiation and dual effectiveness against dragons and beasts, aka the two bulky units you're mostly running into at high aether raids, is nice. Other than that just kinda okay? Pending other skills.

Micaiah: I was crossing my fingers for some kind of Dire Thani but this is okay, too. I'm not blown away but I'll pull for her because I love dual effectiveness.

Alm: Scendscale is going to be disgusting, with the only downside being no DC. Throwin' some orbs.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Sickest hero fest banner ever, delivered promptly upon
    me reaching zero orbs. You won't break me, IS... But this one really hurts.

Come onnnn tickets!

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Well. I'm glad I did one more pull on the legendary banner. :D

8wigfd93ill1.jpg

• Options
    Even the two 4*s are good!

--Mark Twain
  • Options
    Man this damn Hero Fest banner got me. This is the worst luck I think I've ever had with a Hero Fest.. they usually are super good... I kept getting pity broken by off banner trash like Multiverse Eirika and Nina... FINALLY got a single Tibarn after forever... then said fuck it and went back to the Mythic banner and got like a buttload of Alms and Caineghiseses... My Alm is now +10 so yay. I wanted to get one more Eir but I ain't spending more money just for that. I ended up foddering one of the Caineghises to my second Eir since DD4 comes with built in dull ranged which is like, the best thing in fucking Aether Raids... Oh and one Caineghis I pulled was +ATK so goodbye shitty ass +SPD one (seriously, his speed is garbage even WITH the boon).

• Options
    The only hero I don't have on the hero fest banner is F!Tiki, so I'm only using tickets plus colorless orbs and then I'll stop. If I'm lucky, I'll get her! Otherwise, I'm still holding onto about 350 orbs for CYL 3. Were that not the case, I'd probably hit up hero fest for another Nailah and the Mythic banner for another Alm and maybe my first Caineghis.

I ended up having 550 orbs going into the mythic banner, which was the most I've ever saved up at once as it was! Now I'm debating what to do about CYL 3. I've previously tried to get a copy of three, then claim the fourth with the free hero. Hopefully I'll be able to do the same here.

I don't know about you folks, but I find myself using a bow offensive team more often than any other team I have in AR. I've also been using the same AR teams I put together who knows how many months ago. I'm still using B!Cordelia during this season because I still find a ton of flying teams that make life pretty tough. I use Bow Hinoka during light season for the same reason.

• Options
    I free pulled a +Atk-Spd Surtr so yea, that's cool

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Well I got the last Beach Banner unit I wanted, and all it took was all my orbs! But that's fine, it's not like they're gonna announce a banner featuring Myrrh for awhi-

...well, crap.

But hey, I got a free merge for my Elincia!

Dr. Flamingo on
  • Options
    Hooray, my free pull luck continues! I pulled an extra copy of Young Summer Tiki!

• Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    Hooray, my free pull luck continues! I pulled an extra copy of Young Summer Tiki!

Sweet! I had some good luck with a free pull today too, got to complete my Camillection off the Sketchy Summer rerun.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    New 3H banner:

https://youtu.be/8lLMGVxIXWk

Inf. Hexblade seems pretty powerful to me. Don't even want to think about whether Armor or Cavalry versions might be capable of.

XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen