As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

enjoy mustard ice cream in the [bad food] thread

3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheeseRegistered User regular

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    no

• ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    As I gaze upon the horror of that creation. I am filled with a singular emotion:

jk9fdtqojzy2.jpeg

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Because cuisine is the glory of chaos

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    At first glance, I did not think that said duck.

• TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Because cuisine is the glory of chaos

Blood sausage for the blood sausage god

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I wanna grill some burgs tonight, but that means I need to stop at the store on the way home. The only one I can go to without going out of my way is Wal-Mart and...look all Wal-Marts are bad right? But the one where I live is literally one of the top 5 in the country for service and cleanliness. The one on my way home from work is one of the bottom 5.

Pray for me, for I dive in for Burger Sake

• ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    I wanna grill some burgs tonight, but that means I need to stop at the store on the way home. The only one I can go to without going out of my way is Wal-Mart and...look all Wal-Marts are bad right? But the one where I live is literally one of the top 5 in the country for service and cleanliness. The one on my way home from work is one of the bottom 5.

Pray for me, for I dive in for Burger Sake

May the buns of righteousness protect you.

• BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Once when I went to this Wal-Mart I was looking for some dress pants for work. I went to the area but there was like, nothing on the shelves. I found an employee nearby stocking a rack and asked where all the pants went "Oh, someone threw them all onto the pile over by jeans" so I walked to the other side of the shelf and yeah sure enough, all the mens dress pants, jeans, and khakis, were in a gigantic pile on the floor. Maybe 4 to 5 feet tall. No one was trying to restock the pants pile. My (now wife) girlfriend and I dug through the now infamous pants pile to find me some dress slacks.

• Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    We just stopped at White Castle on the way to gencon and killed a crave case between five people. I also tried one of their impossible burger sliders and it was good!

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I'd try mustard ice cream

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I'd probably enjoy mustard icecream provided it's hot english mustard.

If it's like, vinegary american mustard then I'm less enthused.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    It's French's, so
    yeah

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Needs chunks of frozen hot dog to push it over the top... maybe a ribbon of ketchup too.

The sad thing is even though I have to go back to Wal Mart for various items I have customers ask if I still work there pointing to the grocery and how much of a mess it is

Because when I was a support I would be there helping finish aisles verifying backstock and there to answer if we had in stock or not the people that replaced me hide in the backroom doing nearly a quarter of that

• DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    I have a mega Walmart near me and it's fine for basic groceries and they have cheap roasted chickens.

New Orleans cajun/creole food tour (18 mins).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LY9u_NHwXg

• kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    I bought a 10" Lodge cast iron griddle pan today as an impulse buy. I'm looking forward to easy-to-clean mustard-fried burgers.

Mustard-frying a burger in a stainless steel pan is a... well, it's a reason why I don't mustard-fry burgers very often. I'm gonna be scraping burnt mustard off this thing for years to come.

Because I need to go to the store but lacking a car and it's ever so hot are problems. I went to Wendy's when the sun was setting. I had a baconator for once both the burger and fries were fresh at that Wendy's

kilnborn wrote: »
    I bought a 10" Lodge cast iron griddle pan today as an impulse buy. I'm looking forward to easy-to-clean mustard-fried burgers.

Mustard-frying a burger in a stainless steel pan is a... well, it's a reason why I don't mustard-fry burgers very often. I'm gonna be scraping burnt mustard off this thing for years to come.

Don't you mean mustard-fried ice cream?

• godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Just the thought of the smell of burnt mustard is really turning me off the horrendous concept you're proposing, aside from the fact I do not like mustard remotely enough to cook a whole damn burger in it

You can order your burger mustard grilled at In-N-Out.

• DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    So this is a pet peeve of mine: Any deli that doesn’t put condiments on. “Salt, pepper, and ketchup are by the front.” No. Put my requested ketchup on, you goobers. I want to get back to my desk and stick my sandwich directly into my orifice. I don’t want to diddle it when I get back and ruin the integrity of the sandwich by opening it and putting ketchup and shit on it after it’s been made. I asked you for a sandwich. You’ve given me an incomplete assortment of ingredients. How dare you. Do your job.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I don’t like places that nickel and dime you on basic burger ingredients

Pickles and onions are extra? Fuuuck you

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    You can order your burger mustard grilled at In-N-Out.

Animal style, yes. I didn't want to use 'grilled' for a burger cooked in a griddle pan, but that was what I meant.

• sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    You can order the mustard grilling separately as well.

Animal style denotes other adjustments.

sarukun on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    Very excited for all of the bad food trucks at gencon tomorrow

edited August 2019
    sarukun wrote: »

Right, it has extra thousand island and extra pickles, as well as mustard "grilled" patties. Why wouldn't you just go with animal style? I think 109% of all burgers at In-N-Out are animal style.

kilnborn on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

Right, it has extra thousand island and extra pickles, as well as mustard "grilled" patties. Why wouldn't you just go with animal style? I think 109% of all burgers at In-N-Out are animal style.

I get animal fries and a regular double double

#pipe wrote: »

Why would you order fries from In-N-Out?

• l_gl_g Registered User regular
    I wouldn't order animal style because I don't like thousand island dressing and pickles on my burger!

I don't think the combination of mustard + ketchup is very tasty! It can be alright when other stuff is added to it, but just mustard + ketchup isn't all the likeable to me.

Overall I generally prefer burgers with no sauce. I find the sauce just causes ingredients to slip out and gets in the way of the taste of the other ingredients.

Cole's Law: "Thinly sliced cabbage."
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular

#pipe wrote: »

Why would you order fries from In-N-Out?

Because I want that.

This is super duper simple.

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I go by the Mos Burger standard. My burger should be so saucy that when I bite into, sauce drips out the back.

I love sauce. Sauce is my favorite food.

knitdan wrote: »
    I don’t like places that nickel and dime you on basic burger ingredients

Pickles and onions are extra? Fuuuck you

Blakes does that for cheese. I remember during the era of Whoppers Wednesday Bk charged for cheese as well .25.

I am debating how I will do the groceries as it's a good deal but it's in the high 90's all week So I have no idea how I will do this since Uber here is questionable and I doubt they would left me do the bank robbery style grocery shopping {in and out in less than 20 minutes} I feel I am going to just beg someone which I feel they will say No

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Everywhere I know of charges extra for cheese

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • KarlKarl Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    Everywhere I know of charges extra for cheese

yeah, unless it's baked into the cost of the burger (as you're ordering a cheeseburger for example) it counts as an extra.

Same with bacon

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    At BK, you have to specify that you want your whopper with cheese since it isn't part of the base sandwich which is silly.

• azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    As I gaze upon the horror of that creation. I am filled with a singular emotion:
    jk9fdtqojzy2.jpeg

This reminds me of a Dennis the Menace comic book from when i was a kid (My mom bought it for me, don't blame me) where he makes Ketchup Ice cream.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Kaplar wrote: »
    At BK, you have to specify that you want your whopper with cheese since it isn't part of the base sandwich which is silly.

I could say the same thing about beetroot.

This discussion has been closed.