As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Salt Always. The Queen Is Dead (Skadi)! Long Live The Queen (Castoria)!

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    No I don't

No I don't what?

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Can we just remove Blackbeard from the game?

I'd probably give Columbus the boot before him but yeah he does not need to be showing up as often as he does

Columbus' character and being an unredeemable villainous asshole was the only part of Agartha's writing that was actually decent.

If you're gonna get rid of him, you have to get rid of Caster Gilles de Rais who's similarly evil and hard to summon.

Again, no I don't. Not only was the impact of Columbus's evil several magnitudes greater than Gilles de Rais but whereas history doesn't whitewash Bluebeard it sure as hell tries for Columbus despite him being relatively recent and directly responsible for the advent of the conquistadors in addition to his crimes against humanity.

Not all monsters are equal.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Cool, a nice game of who is more evil. Those always go so well.

uyvfOQy.png
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Nice, very first ticket today got me Nobuzerker

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    There is some evidence to conclude that Gilles de Rais was actually innocent of all accused crimes and his arrest and trial were politically (due to his ties to Jeanne) and financially (all of his lands were confiscated and awarded to...his prosecutor) motivated.

Incidentally, there's also some evidence to indicate that the crimes of Elizabeth Bathory were also potentially either entirely fictional or highly exaggerated and that her prosecution was politically (one of Hungary's largest landowners) and financially (the King of Hungary was indebted to her) motivated.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    There is some evidence to conclude that Gilles de Rais was actually innocent of all accused crimes and his arrest and trial were politically (due to his ties to Jeanne) and financially (all of his lands were confiscated and awarded to...his prosecutor) motivated.

Incidentally, there's also some evidence to indicate that the crimes of Elizabeth Bathory were also potentially either entirely fictional or highly exaggerated and that her prosecution was politically (one of Hungary's largest landowners) and financially (the King of Hungary was indebted to her) motivated.

Yeah, sounds about right. There was a lot of that going around.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular

True, but I was talking about characters in how they're presented Inside the Fate series, not in actual history.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    If they want a shitty dude to keep putting in events they should bring back Jason

Maddoc wrote: »
    If they want a shitty dude to keep putting in events they should bring back Jason

At least he's fun as a punching bag without being a gross creep

I want to see more assholes and monsters and jerks in this series.

As long as they stay villains.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Polaritie wrote: »

Yeah, sounds about right. There was a lot of that going around.

There is something to be said about how servants are shaped by the stories told about them, and Gil definitely was a monster in FGO history. So while the actual crimes and atrocities of 'Bluebeard' were quite certainly made-up in the first place, Columbus and his brother were so awful in their governorship of Hispaniola, that even by the standards of the time they were denounced as brutal and monstrous and all three of them were sent back to Spain in chains. So that's why I was like 'ugh, really?' when we found out who he was, but then when he turned out to be an utter shit head, I was fine with it. He's the only servant I can think of so far that if I ever summoned him, instant delete just because of who he was historically.

Gabriel_Pitt on
    "Eis Three Star Orion"

*Fry squint*

I'm going to fucking die in 2 years.

y5ik0gd1n6e31.png

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    As am I.

Summer Carmilla is awesome.

Carmilla Sandiego.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    So, Okita will be the welfare, right?

Right?

I have a feeling that 90% of the people that buy this will dispose of Shinji.

I don't know if DW would be merciful enough to give Okita a swimsuit (or cruel enough to give Okita Alter one), so I guess I can only bet on Mysterious Heroine XX Alter appearing in a second banner.

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Dangit old man. I'm trying to go fast here.
    XaAvew8.jpg

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • MagicalGoatsMagicalGoats Registered User regular
    Okay so please somebody tell me I don't have to survive a lvl 90+ challenge quest just to finish this event.

There is no aspect, no facet, no moment of life, that cannot be improved with pizza.
    God I hate every single challenge quest in this game. An enemy that spams Evade while charging their AoE NP that hits through Evade and Invincible. And this is the first of like five.

uyvfOQy.png
    Okay so please somebody tell me I don't have to survive a lvl 90+ challenge quest just to finish this event.

You don't, those are just bonus quests. Part 1 is done now so you're free to do whatever until Part 2 begins.

edited August 2019
    Holy shit, JP Anniversary has a lot of huge things.

The biggest one:
    Rider Da Vinci
    as an Anniversary 5* servant, and 7 new Bronze, FP Gacha Servants!

Warning, this video spoils the first one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh9eAlo8YxI

Saber Jason OWNS

Asthariel on
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    The new bronze Saber has the best NP in the game, hands down

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    edited August 2019
    Holy shit Chen Gong is busted to hell

Hey whales, know how you've been accumulating like 5+ different supports who can provide team or other person NP charge but obviously can't field them all? Now you can!

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Chen Gong the targetable Arash NP.

DIE FOR ME, PLEASE!

Silly Medea, you're the wrong servant to make them eat cake.

Jason's NP is hands-down the best Noble Phantasm to ever exist in this game.

• SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Who are the rest of the new additions?

aTBDrQE.jpg
    I'm actually really excited for more low rarity servants, honestly considering how good a lot of low rarity servants can be the fact that nothing but 4* and 5* with the VERY occasional story locked 3* are added for YEARS is a bummer.

edited August 2019
    Almost all of these new Bronze servants actually seem really strong

Pretty much everyone except
    Black Bart and Charlotte Corday
    looks like they have very strong niche use

Maddoc on
    *Chen Gong targets King Hassan*
    KH: I have opinions on this

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Skeith wrote: »
    Who are the rest of the new additions?
    Berserker Salome, the lady who got John the Baptist's head on a silver platter;
    Archer Paris, the man who started the Trojan War by kidnapping Helen and later shot Achilles' heel;
    Assassin Charlotte Corday, the lady who assassinated Jean-Paul Marat in an attempt to stop the Reign of Terror (but got executed as the Reign of Terror intensified);
    Rider Bartholomew Roberts, a.k.a. Black Bart, perhaps the most successful pirate with over 400 captured ships;
    Lancer Gareth, Gawain's genderbent little sister, one of the Knights of the Round Table;
    Saber Jason, of the Argonauts;
    Caster Chen Gong, Lu Bu's advisor.

I believe Gareth is still a dude.

uyvfOQy.png
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I believe Gareth is still a dude.

Nope. Genderbent to female in FGO.

Apparently it was Paris that I saw some confusion about elsewhere, sorry.

uyvfOQy.png
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Second half of the event is live and so's the new banner.

aTBDrQE.jpg