As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Magic The Gathering Arena] OOPS All Planeswalkers

196979899100102»

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    So I finally have a whole playset of Steel Overseer, and that got me to thinking- is an artifact-creature deck viable in the current meta?

I've been pondering that myself.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Shouldn't we be making a new thread?

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Someone should, yes.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    So I finally have a whole playset of Steel Overseer, and that got me to thinking- is an artifact-creature deck viable in the current meta?

I don't know about meta-viability (nor do I particularly care), but any extra Overseers I come across are heading into this:

1 Prying Blade
    1 Storm the Vault
    4 Ugin, the Ineffable
    2 Karn, the Great Creator
    4 Powerstone Shard
    4 Skittering Surveyor
    4 Steam Vents
    4 Skyscanner
    4 Sulfur Falls
    2 Mobilized District
    4 Field of Ruin
    1 Karn's Bastion
    2 Banefire
    2 Island
    7 Mountain
    2 Zahid, Djinn of the Lamp
    3 Saheeli, Sublime Artificer
    4 Lightning Strike
    3 Jaya's Greeting
    1 Mystic Forge
    1 Steel Overseer

1 Helm of the Host
    2 Meteor Golem
    1 Icy Manipulator
    1 God-Pharaoh's Statue
    1 Traxos, Scourge of Kroog
    1 Blackblade Reforged
    1 Millstone
    1 Arcane Encyclopedia
    1 Bloodtallow Candle
    2 Guardians of Koilos
    1 Mizzium Tank
    1 Colossus Hammer
    1 Grafdigger's Cage

They will probably kick out a Powerstone Shard, Prying Blade, and maybe one more Banefire although at that point I'm not sure what I'm doing with the Shards/Storm the Vault so maybe kick out a second Shard instead. (Saheeli turning a Servo into a Shard has been fun.)

• Options
    BreakfastPMBreakfastPM Registered User regular
    I tried to build some artifact decks a little while again (before M20) and was headed in the big mana with Powerstone Shard and wish from the sideboard with Karn direction. It ended up White/Colorless and was a bit like Taxes decks. The problem with it though was that Green/Colorless just ramps better and has better pay-offs.

If you're going for competitive, I don't think an all artifact deck will do better than the Green/Colorless decks. If you're going for fun, there are a ton of awesome builds you could do that'll win you some games.

• Options
    Oh, next event is Ixalan Treasure (get one Treaure token at upkeep)? Time to whip out my Making Money deck!

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Hilariously, I think my current deck only needs removing the Marauding Raptors and Ceratops to be an Ixalan constructed deck. Oh, right, the Domri's Ambush too.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Ok seriously, they need to find a better way to show the schedule for arena.

How do they seem to have so much trouble with this stuff? The website calendar doesn't show anything but the draft schedule right now.

And the "events page" doesn't give the details for how the event this weekend works or show the upcoming stuff at all as far as I can tell.

Does anyone have a good website that actually tracks this stuff?

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Echo wrote: »
    Oh, next event is Ixalan Treasure (get one Treaure token at upkeep)? Time to whip out my Making Money deck!

Is Karn going to be banned or is every game going to be "mulligan aggressively into my Null Rod"?

OTOH, the BR devil from War that rewards you for sacrificing stuff seems baller. Aristocrats, GO!

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »

Is Karn going to be banned or is every game going to be "mulligan aggressively into my Null Rod"?

OTOH, the BR devil from War that rewards you for sacrificing stuff seems baller. Aristocrats, GO!

RDW with 12 lands.

While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Vyolynce wrote: »

"mulligan aggressively into my Null Rod"?

:winky:

• Options
    gBAZgBAZ Registered User regular
    I'm up to mastery 41, are we going to be able to grind to 100, or will the mastery thing go bye bye well before its possible to even grind out 100.

The "events that give mastery" are exceedingly rare, so far, there was only a single event that gave mastery, and it was only 1 mastery levels worth (if I can recall correctly).

And why can't wotc at least make pauper and/or singleton a permanent mode.

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    43.1 is the max level you can be today without buying bonus levels.

I can't find the reddit thread where someone crunched the numbers, but I believe it said you could get into the high 80s without doing events. So if we get a dozen events or level up codes it'll possible to hit 100 without buying levels.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    If you can do 7 quests a week and the weekly (15) wins iirc you should get there. I think the XP events are planned to be backloaded as well.

I take it the Ixalan event isn't going to be precon decks? Shame.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    gBAZ wrote: »
    I'm up to mastery 41, are we going to be able to grind to 100, or will the mastery thing go bye bye well before its possible to even grind out 100.

The "events that give mastery" are exceedingly rare, so far, there was only a single event that gave mastery, and it was only 1 mastery levels worth (if I can recall correctly).

And why can't wotc at least make pauper and/or singleton a permanent mode.

The purpose has always been to be able to get to 100 otherwise removing buying levels doesn't make any sense.

We have may have had only 1 event with the 1000XP award but we also know it's part of an ongoing weekend event thing so for at least the rest of these events that's 1 more extra per weekend plus the 4 code levels so far. So That's 9 that we know of currently planned so that already gets you into the 90s so they only need a few more to add for us to get there with plenty of time to add them.

This discussion has been closed.