As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Killer Queen has already made the [JoJo's Bizarre Adventure] thread

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Part 5's ending is so... eh.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    Okay, what’s the point of the stone?!

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    the idea is to hammer home the whole running theme of predestination, that they're fated to live short brutal lives but they choose to stand up for their beliefs anyway

Honestly part 5 tanks pretty hard for me around the point where they get to the coliseum and never really recovers. The final final showdown is cool but everything surrounding it is so unanchored, even relative to most Jojo stuff, that I kinda just stop caring. Sleeping Slaves worked a little better for me this time around but I still dunno if it really works as an ending

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    and those beliefs: "listen, we all know organized crime is extremely cool, but just can it with the drugs

everything else is fine, though"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    the idea is to hammer home the whole running theme of predestination, that they're fated to live short brutal lives but they choose to stand up for their beliefs anyway

Honestly part 5 tanks pretty hard for me around the point where they get to the coliseum and never really recovers. The final final showdown is cool but everything surrounding it is so unanchored, even relative to most Jojo stuff, that I kinda just stop caring. Sleeping Slaves worked a little better for me this time around but I still dunno if it really works as an ending
    The final mini-arc would have worked better if it was way earlier in the part and so could maybe foreshadow some things. But that also assumes Araki actually plans parts way out in advance which he definitely doesn't.
    Rolling Stones is still a pretty cool stand though.

• Options
    Casually HardcoreCasually Hardcore Once an Asshole. Trying to be better. Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    That whole part was so confusing that I thought I was watching a filler episode.

Casually Hardcore on
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Golden Wind Finale spoilers, and also spoiled for blood.

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    That whole part was so confusing that I thought I was watching a filler episode.

Its a weird unessecary aside when apparently there's an actual epilouge they didn't use

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

Its a weird unessecary aside when apparently there's an actual epilouge they didn't use

The ending of the anime is more or less identical to the manga

I think some people were hoping they'd adapt the follow up light novel that rounds everything out a bit but imo that was always kind of a long shot since they're faithful almost to a fault to the manga

Maybe they'll do an OVA at some point?

I really hope we get a Stone Ocean anime before too long. I mean, I really want them to eventually do Steel Ball Run, but at least if they do Stone Ocean that feels like a reasonable stopping point

I don't know much about anime production, but between the super long wait for part 5, the weird schedule where they did like 3 clip shows for a 39 episode series, and the fact that the finale didn't even get to air in its normal timeslot all make me kinda paranoid that maybe something has changed to make jjba harder to produce in a way that could maybe mean stone ocean's more up in the air than I'd like it to be? I dunno maybe that's completely unfounded, and we probably won't hear anything one way or another for at least a year

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    They did the rohan stories as an OVA, it wouldn't shock me to see PHF as an OVA, especially since they added in shots of Fugo in to the finale

• Options

The ending of the anime is more or less identical to the manga

I think some people were hoping they'd adapt the follow up light novel that rounds everything out a bit but imo that was always kind of a long shot since they're faithful almost to a fault to the manga

Maybe they'll do an OVA at some point?

I really hope we get a Stone Ocean anime before too long. I mean, I really want them to eventually do Steel Ball Run, but at least if they do Stone Ocean that feels like a reasonable stopping point

I don't know much about anime production, but between the super long wait for part 5, the weird schedule where they did like 3 clip shows for a 39 episode series, and the fact that the finale didn't even get to air in its normal timeslot all make me kinda paranoid that maybe something has changed to make jjba harder to produce in a way that could maybe mean stone ocean's more up in the air than I'd like it to be? I dunno maybe that's completely unfounded, and we probably won't hear anything one way or another for at least a year

The delay on the last two is because of the clip shows added to the episode count. Someone fucked up the schedule and a new show was set to premiere before they could finish

• Options
    David is tired and he needs to sleep

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Part 6 will be delayed because David is determined to do the Bohemian Rhapsody sequence exactly as it is in the manga

it will be a 4 year long rights negotiation process

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    What if they hired the stand-renaming team to make off-brand characters for the Avant-Garde Ode arc?

• Options
    there aren't all that many copyright characters in bohemian rhapsody arethere? I mostly just remember like, ultraman or someone flying past a plane window

• Options
    there aren't all that many copyright characters in bohemian rhapsody arethere? I mostly just remember like, ultraman or someone flying past a plane window
    Spider-Man definitely appears in that sequence

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    A lack of Mickey Mouse is angrily questioned.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    A lack of Mickey Mouse is angrily questioned.

yeah but they deliberately never say "Mickey Mouse," just "Mickey"

I forgot about Spider-Man, but yeah like i think they're just in there for background color in a way that you could work around pretty easily, either replace them with knock-offs or find properties that are friendly toward getting slotted in

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    You only see Spider-Man's hand, so maybe that's enough of an edge-case? Most of the fight centers around public domain fairy tale creatures.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Watching the finale
    Okay Diavolo basically dying over and over again is pretty fucked up

• Options
    What a weird ending. Definitely not the strongest of the overall endings, but I still enjoyed it.

I guess if I had to rank the parts overall it’d be 4, 5, 2, 3, 1?

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Gundi wrote: »

Holy damn that's good

A bit late, but this led me to listening to a lot of Kimya Dawson's back catalogue and she's amazing.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Lol.
    The silhouette of Rolling Stones is in the first frames of Fighting Gold

I really liked this part and would probably go with 4,5,3,1,2.

McHoger on
  • Options
    Babish opened a door today. God help him
    https://youtu.be/rPdln-PUZuE

• Options
    Man, I gotta make squid ink pasta.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Part 5
    You thought another OP was just going to be hijacked by a villain without the heroes doing anything, but IT WAS ME, GIORNO!

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    silence, 『brand』

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    I imagine that the committee running the Digiorno Twitter has been waiting a while for part 5, in order to do these jokes.

Meanwhile, Arby’s Twitter committee was making lighter-in-bread jokes while part 4 was running.

Enlong on
  • Options
    djmitchelladjmitchella Registered User regular
    Courtesy of the local library system, powerful knowledge:

8HFun0K.jpg

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    That....was not how I expected the final two episodes of Part 5 to go.
    Also I expected Fugo to show up at some point, but he wasn't even in the epilogue.

Was this another case of something being forgotten about?

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular

Re: your question
    The original plan was for Fugo to be sent to kill the gang, resulting in his own death

But Araki felt it was too sad, and so he didn't go though with it

So Fugo just sort of vanishes instead

There's a spinoff light novel, Purple haze Feedback, detailing what happens to him after the events of part 5

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Fugo is a weird situation where he cant really come back intially because of how he left and then really cant come back because of all the shit that goes down.

Also its pretty clear green day was supposed to be his fight at some point

King Riptor on
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Bandai-Namco is apparently making some kind of JoJo-based third-person shooter?

https://youtu.be/aVQyHHeQIRU

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    ah yes it has to be a third person shooter or else how could you put the reticule on yourself?

• Options
    is that a jojo battle royale

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »

yep, i think it's been around for a bit in japanese arcades and this is just an update?

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

it sure is!

• Options
    EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus NoatunRegistered User regular
    SCR, GER, King Crimson
    SCR transfers souls between living beings and eventually tries to transfer them with something else entirely, leaving nobody left to desire the arrow.

King Crimson erases the cause of other people’s actions by making their next 10 seconds predestined, singularly focused on one action, and imperceptible, creating a skip in time to the effect of that action. Meanwhile, Diavolo can act freely. While everyone else is locked into their predestined effect, Diavolo can choose whatever effect he wants for himself to experience. Thus, he can make any situation play out as favorably as he desires, knowing everything that would happen anyway by using Epitaph.

GER was born out of the desire to have something completely nullify King Crimson. In addition to its life powers, it has the ability to remove an effect by returning it to zero. Before an action would reach its effect, it is reset back to the origin. The cause plays out in its entirety, but they are reset when it would complete. If someone were to die by GER’s hand as well, they get stuck in a loop where they will approach death but never reach it. Almost like the return to zero equivalent of the life punch.