As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Agents of SHIELD] Series finale August 12th

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote: »
    Finally caught up!

I wonder if we'll see the return of
    Ghost Rider? Probably not, but it's certainly implied that he's from the same "realm" as Izel and Pachakutiq.

I was also pretty bummed about Davis.

Edit: One thing that amused me with Deke:
    Fitz seemed to get along with Deke a lot better than now-dead-Fitz did.

Re deke
    they're paradox bros now.

steam_sig.png
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    So I think I understand the basic jist of what's going on with sarge, the villain, and the plot this season but I'm also confused as hell. Anyone want to sum it up?

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    RickRude wrote: »
    So I think I understand the basic jist of what's going on with sarge, the villain, and the plot this season but I'm also confused as hell. Anyone want to sum it up?
    This is what I'm thinking.
    -The Villain and her "special friend" (whose names I cannot remember) are non-corporeal entities chillin' in their non-corporeal dimension.

-The three Monoliths interact because of close proximity and open some kind of door to the non-corporeal dimension, causing Evil Nuns, Fear Ghosts, and a really nice place for a wedding.

-Coulson steps in through said door with the Graviton device and seals it away, which pushes him out, mostly.

-Sealing causes a physical copy of Coulson (sans accurate memories) to manifest as a result of the three Monoliths at some point in both space and time, and the Villain's "special friend" from that non-corporeal dimension hops a ride on the body.

-Coulson Copy + Special Friend = Sarge and now thinks the reason he's around is to kill the members of the non-corporeal species, because of the aforementioned memory loss/mix/REASONS.

The Villain just wants the Monolith energy to... open a portal or something to her home dimension so all the non-corporeal entities can become corporeal? Maybe? Probably.

Sorce on
    sig.gif
  • GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    My take is
    Izel and Sarge are basically demons from some sort of analogue to wherever the hell ghostrider originiated from. For this reason, they're almost assuredly immune to any conventional weapon that can be thrown at them, though it's possible that fitzsimmons can *science* something together to combat them. Or it could be a case that they need to look into some old ass incan stuff, since a quick google of the name that they dropped for sarge's identity is the same as a ruler of theres from the 15th century.

More specifically with Sarge
    Sarge seems to be a time locked copy of colson; Izel could have concievably ripped his arm off and the dude would just regenerated it since at the time that colson interacted with the monliths he had two. The implications of this ~and limitations thereof~ will be interesting to see going forward, although It seems more likely that Sarge's mind will fail before his body does.

• GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Gaddez wrote: »
    My take is
    Izel and Sarge are basically demons from some sort of analogue to wherever the hell ghostrider originiated from. For this reason, they're almost assuredly immune to any conventional weapon that can be thrown at them, though it's possible that fitzsimmons can *science* something together to combat them. Or it could be a case that they need to look into some old ass incan stuff, since a quick google of the name that they dropped for sarge's identity is the same as a ruler of theres from the 15th century.

More specifically with Sarge
    Sarge seems to be a time locked copy of colson; Izel could have concievably ripped his arm off and the dude would just regenerated it since at the time that colson interacted with the monliths he had two. The implications of this ~and limitations thereof~ will be interesting to see going forward, although It seems more likely that Sarge's mind will fail before his body does.
    Coulson had one arm and also the weird heart thing that killed him after Ghost Rider took over by the time the first monolith was a plot point. Both of these issues seem to have cleared up probably due to regenerative properties from just being meat suit. It takes some time as we saw when he was shot in the head, but I think to put him down permanently will take something special.

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    .....did they shoot season 7 back to back with 6 or something?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    McFodder wrote: »
    .....did they shoot season 7 back to back with 6 or something?

Probably. Plus I think they sat on season 6 for a while because of Endgame (even though it made no difference).

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT.

This show.

Can't wait for next season but I'm really sad it's ending.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    edited August 2019
    FitzSimmons finale question
    So which one got upgraded into a Chronomicon? It felt like that was hanging over the end of the episode kind of ominously.

Coulson
    They really are making him the less entertaining Ward, aren't they?

Deke
    Did... did they just leave him in the pyramid to get blasted?

edit: Do we have any announcements about when S7 will air? Is it going to be next Summer?

Sorce on
    sig.gif
    Sorce wrote: »
    FitzSimmons finale question
    So which one got upgraded into a Chronomicon? It felt like that was hanging over the end of the episode kind of ominously.

Coulson
    They really are making him the less entertaining Ward, aren't they?

Deke
    Did... did they just leave him in the pyramid to get blasted?

edit: Do we have any announcements about when S7 will air? Is it going to be next Summer?

According to this, season 7 won't start until next summer.

https://screenrant.com/agents-shield-season-7-release-date-story-details/

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    Finale stuff
    Simmons and Fitz are really willing to roll the dice on another LMD? Seems unlikely.

• GaddezGaddez Registered User regular
    This seems somewhat appropriate:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pIgEeBySyE

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Still early in the episode, but I still love Deke.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Enoch gets all the best lines.
    I found it easier to bluff when I kill someone and wear their skin.

steam_sig.png
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Okay, with everything said and done I think this was the second best season so far.

Gonna miss this show when it's done.

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Okay, with everything said and done I think this was the second best season so far.

Gonna miss this show when it's done.

Ya it's gotten better and better. It's one of my favorite shows going. Finale was insane. Don't even know where they're going

• Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Easter egg in the finale, if you're into that.
    May strikes the Mulan pose with the sword. A fan noticed and tweeted her about it and she confirmed it was intentional.

Sarge was kinda neat in the final action. His whole deal was actually kinda cool comic book logic, tying in past arcs. The fight choreography has really lapsed, though. The show doesn't look nearly as good as it did before the space story started.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Finale stuff:
    Why did they kill Coulson off if Gregg is sticking around? So Coulson is dead and now we have a robot to replace him...who thought that was a good idea?

They split of Fitz and Simmons again for some undefined reason, been there, done that.

All in all it landed with a meh.

Xeddicus wrote: »
    Finale stuff:
    Why did they kill Coulson off if Gregg is sticking around? So Coulson is dead and now we have a robot to replace him...who thought that was a good idea?

They split of Fitz and Simmons again for some undefined reason, been there, done that.

All in all it landed with a meh.
    Because Season 5 was meant to be The End.

And then it wasn't, and the people behind it didn't have the intestinal fortitude to keep Coulson gone. Like, the reveal at the end of the finale would have been kinda neat if we hadn't had Sarge at all.

sig.gif
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Finally caught up! I enjoyed this season overall and look forward to seeing what they do in season 7.

One character whose fate was never addressed:
    Snowflake. She got put in confinement and we never saw her again. Presumably she got exterminated offscreen by the Hunter invasion.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    It just occurred to me that Season 7 could possibly
    Close the dangling Agent Carter plot thread.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    It just occurred to me that Season 7 could possibly
    Close the dangling Agent Carter plot thread.

Oh yes, there have been rumors going around since the end of season 6 that
    certain cast members from there have been added to season 7.

Also, one confirmed addition to season 7:
    Patrick Warburton as General Rick Stoner, who appeared in recorded video form in season 5.

• NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    So, what's the consensus on season 6? I only watched the 1st episode, and was extremely disappointed. Did it get better?

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    I don't know if it's general consensus, but I enjoyed the season.
    It wasn't as good as the earlier seasons, and definitely suffers from "Oops, we got another season, who's got ideas?".
    It also suffers from not being able to connect with the MCU. I mean, there's some big shit going down in the movies that is never mentioned, which seems kind of odd considering how close they worked together early on. Yeah, I know, internal political BS between the movie and TV divisions...

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    So, what's the consensus on season 6? I only watched the 1st episode, and was extremely disappointed. Did it get better?
    I enjoyed it. Definitely worth watching, IMO. Really picks up after episode 4 or so. :)

|Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    I'd say it's about an average season, but officially breaking with the MCU makes it a lot harder for me to really care about any of it. Like, being the 'behind the scenes' view of the MCU was, I thought, one of the whole reasons AoS was even made to begin with.

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    It's just a relic I'd a different era.

In the six plus years it's been running Eve gone from the first Marvel TV show to being on the eve of Marvels third phase of TV. It's a credit to the shows fans that it's survived long enough to be made irrelevant twice over.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    I just really like the team. Fitz-Simmons is my patronus

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I was disappointed in the (D23 trailer spoiler)
    fact they are going back to 1931, so well before Agent Carter. Was really hoping they could kind of give both shows the finale they deserve.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
    fact they are going back to 1931, so well before Agent Carter. Was really hoping they could kind of give both shows the finale they deserve.
    I would imagine they will be jumping around since the Zephyr can just do that now.

sig.gif
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019

Apparently the actress was asked about this
    Haley Atwell said she felt like between Civil War and Endgame, Carter's had her finale, and she doesn't see a need to do any more in the main story universe.

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular

Plot serviceable but a little ropey, character moments still great. There’s a big Fitz-Simmons episode halfway in that is #chefkiss

MhCw7nZ.gif

Plot serviceable but a little ropey, character moments still great. There’s a big Fitz-Simmons episode halfway in that is #chefkiss
    Also be prepared to be bored with the B-plot initially because, I guess this is a spoiler (albeit minor) so I'll tag it.
    You know Fitz and Simmons will find one another, I know Fitz and Simmons will find one another, everyone goddamn knows that Fitz and Simmons will find one another, so every episode they don't do that is more annoying than not.

sig.gif
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular

Also be prepared to be bored with the B-plot initially because, I guess this is a spoiler (albeit minor) so I'll tag it.
    You know Fitz and Simmons will find one another, I know Fitz and Simmons will find one another, everyone goddamn knows that Fitz and Simmons will find one another, so every episode they don't do that is more annoying than not.

Just like always, huh?

• see317see317 Registered User regular

They really need to find a way to study and weaponize that effect.
    I mean, a targeting system that could work through time, across interstellar distances, even into virtual worlds (have they done parallel realities yet? I don't recall, but it'd probably work there too)...

If only we had some kind of crack super science team on hand for such a task.
    I'm betting that's how group time travel works. Fitz teleports himself somewhere randomly in time, Simmons drags the entire Shield super plane through hell and high water to wind up at the same point in time by sheer willpower directly influencing reality to warp the narrative. They stay until they're detected by whatever they're on the run from, then Fitz jumps again.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    My outlandish and wrong theory on Fitz/Simmons
    The only way Enoch could save them was to upload both of their minds to a chronocom body, so they are now literally FitzSimmons. The reason Jemma can't see Fitz ever again is because she is ALSO Fitz.

• BoomerAang SquadBoomerAang Squad Registered User regular
    My outlandish and wrong theory on Fitz/Simmons
    The only way Enoch could save them was to upload both of their minds to a chronocom body, so they are now literally FitzSimmons. The reason Jemma can't see Fitz ever again is because she is ALSO Fitz.
    They pretty much did this in Dollhouse.

So 50/50 odds.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    That was so stupid in Dollhouse, don't give them ideas.