As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Australia]. Stolen lands often referred to as a country.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    Aussie mocking Brits while eating fish and chips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wFh850oy8E

This guy makes me want to remove my ears with a fork.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    you disappoint me blake

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    ehhhhh....

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Everyone should just use the old Auscam pattern fabric, in Hard Yakka or King Gee work clothes fitment.

Yes, even in arctic and urban environments. Just find the nearest parrotbush to hide!

Yes, in the Sydney CBD.

Shut up, they won't be able to see you.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    The RAN have reflective stripes on their camouflage so if they fall overboard they're easier to locate.

Completely defeats the purpose on land though.

There is also no reason to wear camouflage on a ship anyway.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    It's so the enemy thinks it's a Ghost Ship

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    It’s to hide from the fish.

Duh

• Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

You know I can't ride on your ghost ship.

• Options
    pimento wrote: »

Enthusiastic consent clauses are there for a reason, pim.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Dazzle camouflage uniforms on dazzle camouflage ships

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    Dazzle camouflage uniforms on dazzle camouflage ships

For when you need to hide a frigate at the Gathering of Juggalos.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Anzekay wrote: »
    we should 100% do karaoke at a pax sometime

Starring such classics as 'Happy birthday to Blake'

discrider on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    pimento wrote: »

I laughed out loud at work.

And then giggled to myself cause I got the reference

• Options
    ApocalyptusApocalyptus Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Unrelated to PAX unless people want it to be, but does anyone have recommendations for karaoke places in Melbourne?

Marche Board Game Cafe is pretty good, they’ve got Karaoke booths and also nice bubble tea and good food.

• Options
    AwkoAwko About to poison the waterhole.Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Pretty much every time I've been dragged out to karaoke it's been at Kbox. They have a fairly hefty room hire rate, but most of the price is credit to be spent on food and drinks.

I've also walked past FM when I've been finishing work and that place seems to have a fairly festive open karaoke section as well as private rooms.

Awko on
  • Options
    lmao I've been delving into gender marker changes on official documents in Australia and WA and god damn it's all wildly inconsistent.

Federal government actually has really progressive guidelines on it, including a bigass document with very good information and definitions.
    - You can get your gender market on your passport changed to M/F as well as X (indeterminate, undisclosed, intersex) and it only requires a letter from a psychologist or medical practitioner. Excellent!
    - Centrelink also only needs the letter, but if you want an X they won't actually change your gender to that, just 'make a note on your record'. Okay that's a bit weird.
    - Medicare is part of the same department as Centrelink, so it's the same there. Actually a bit shit because it's healtcare related

As for WA itself...
    - Driver's license is the same as federal passport stuff! They don't actually have gender on your card here, but they record it on your record and will update it.
    - Birth certificate is where stuff gets kinda shit. There's no X marker, and you have to put in an application to a board who will then have a meeting with you and approve or reject it. You need to have proof of a 'gender reassignment procedure', which thankfully can mean just hormone therapy... They just don't really give a clear definition of what or for how long etc. So yeah super duper shit, but it turns out this is better than most other states who require actual surgery to have occurred to change it.

There were some attempts in the WA parliament to stop recording gender on birth certificates and to make the process easier (and adding X markers) but it got torpedoed.... motherfuckers

• Options
    We should agitate for getting X as an option on birth certs here.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    yeah I'm like, 100% out if it's karaoke

it's just not my thing, sorry!

XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    I was 100% joking about karaoke at pax

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I like karaoke a lot but respect that it isn't everyone's jam

Mostly

I would like to play games and drink great coffee and moderately-more-affordable alcohol with y'all

Also for the love of god don't let me email this Melbourne tattoo artist tyia

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    Unrelated to PAX unless people want it to be, but does anyone have recommendations for karaoke places in Melbourne?

Marche Board Game Cafe is pretty good, they’ve got Karaoke booths and also nice bubble tea and good food.
    Awko wrote: »
    Pretty much every time I've been dragged out to karaoke it's been at Kbox. They have a fairly hefty room hire rate, but most of the price is credit to be spent on food and drinks.

I've also walked past FM when I've been finishing work and that place seems to have a fairly festive open karaoke section as well as private rooms.

Thanks, I'll look into these.

KBox is the one that kept coming up but they're missing three or four of my go to songs.

• Options

Mostly

I would like to play games and drink great coffee and moderately-more-affordable alcohol with y'all

ooh which one

• Options
    alright sweet I am confirmed for pax

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    It's cold and I don't like it. Not one bit.

I gifted my only wooly knit hat and fingerless mitts and haven't gotten around to making any others for myself.

and then I go and get myself this fauxhawk hair cut and it's BLOODY COLD and I do not like it, no sirree.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    I'm usually a winter person but yes, I think this is the first year I have looked forward to spring.

• Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    It sure was brutal weather wise today!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    looking out the window at the office today and like, one window had blue skies, the other window was pouring rain.

like every 10 minutes or so. And windy.

I've got a merino silk shawl wrapped around my head like a headscarf right now and I'm not even bothered. It's cold.

• Options
    At the moment it is raining and is a mere 15 degrees.

Last Friday it was sunny and 24 though. Ohh curse this winter.

• Options
    It is currently 7 degrees here.

and the last time i looked outside, it was not raining.

but that was 5 minutes ago and it might change soon into a squall with hail. Who knows. It's like a magic 8 ball out there today

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular

Mostly

ooh which one

NO, NIC

BAD

Dean Kalcoff

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    It is currently 7 degrees here.

and the last time i looked outside, it was not raining.

but that was 5 minutes ago and it might change soon into a squall with hail. Who knows. It's like a magic 8 ball out there today

Yeah we were getting some decent hail in Penrose today. I was outside for lost of it today :( I actually prefer being right down south in Winter. You know it's going to be freezing all day long. Here I'm forever putting layers on and then taking then off again!!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    ooooh, Sandra. Email that artist! those are pretty cool!

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    lmao I've been delving into gender marker changes on official documents in Australia and WA and god damn it's all wildly inconsistent.

Federal government actually has really progressive guidelines on it, including a bigass document with very good information and definitions.
    - You can get your gender market on your passport changed to M/F as well as X (indeterminate, undisclosed, intersex) and it only requires a letter from a psychologist or medical practitioner. Excellent!
    - Centrelink also only needs the letter, but if you want an X they won't actually change your gender to that, just 'make a note on your record'. Okay that's a bit weird.
    - Medicare is part of the same department as Centrelink, so it's the same there. Actually a bit shit because it's healtcare related

The Federal agencies should have X as a standard option, unless it's medically necessary.
    I thought there was legislation passed requiring sex be switched to X on request...

• Options
    discrider wrote: »

The Federal agencies should have X as a standard option, unless it's medically necessary.
    I thought there was legislation passed requiring sex be switched to X on request...

Yes, for some federal agencies you can get it switched to X on request (with a supporting document). The Department of Human Resources is a weird exception for some reason

state stuff just seems completely inconsistent

• Options

Two new tattoos in a year and a massive one coming up in January seems like a lot already though...

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options

Two new tattoos in a year and a massive one coming up in January seems like a lot already though...

But I can't get one so you should!

Or something.

• Options
    Yeah. Fuck that get another one.

I feel I need a bit of a break on dinosaur tattoos.

Not Sandra though.

• Options
    Blake T wrote: »
    Yeah. Fuck that get another one.

I feel I need a bit of a break on dinosaur tattoos.

Not Sandra though.

You should get a huge "1970s panelvan airbrushed valkyrie riding a unicorn"-style graphic backpiece.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Wait me, or Blake

Because I sent a message just now to my friend proposing that I ditch the massive side piece I'm getting in January in favour of the entire album cover for Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell as a backpiece, and those two concepts aren't THAT different

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    Both!

This discussion has been closed.