As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tekken and Other Fighting Games That Aren't Tekken, I Guess (digital karate simulations)

• THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    Every time I think about them choosing to use the phrase "triumphant return", I get angrier

In way better news tomorrow's fight card for Tekken top 8 is WILD. First match is ArslanAsh vs. Knee and the Japanese players are back with a fucking vengeance, it is going to be GOOD

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Windjammers 2 looks really cool

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I'm happy that BBTag Top8 has 3 Americans, two in winners.

The fact that Fen and KojiKog are both in losers is shocking to me.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    THESPOOKY wrote: »
    Every time I think about them choosing to use the phrase "triumphant return", I get angrier

In way better news tomorrow's fight card for Tekken top 8 is WILD. First match is ArslanAsh vs. Knee and the Japanese players are back with a fucking vengeance, it is going to be GOOD

The koreans are super irritated at Arslan as well due to him snubbing knee on Thursday night, knee vs arslan is gonna be a little personal.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    So if they are showing the Nightwolf trailer again now I wonder if they have something else for after GF?

EDIT: Having downtime like this this late into the night is dumb.

bloodyroarxx on
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    so is this planned downtime or a SNAFU? I'm just gonna go to bed probably
    heh complained and they came back

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
    No one seems to know if NRS has anything to announce, and even if they do, no one is sure if they're gonna drop it tonight or tomorrow.

And if they do announce anything I'm guessing itll just be the last 2 DLC chars. Kinda hoping for a shakeup of the tournament variations, though. Not a patch, just add a 3rd variation for everyone.

Knob wrote: »
    No one seems to know if NRS has anything to announce, and even if they do, no one is sure if they're gonna drop it tonight or tomorrow.

And if they do announce anything I'm guessing itll just be the last 2 DLC chars. Kinda hoping for a shakeup of the tournament variations, though. Not a patch, just add a 3rd variation for everyone.

Id take a Sindel trailer at this point.

• SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    I don't really feel any need for Evo to be The Announcement Thing.
    If various involved parties have cool stuff to announce at appropriate intervals, that's fun.
    If that starts to feel forced, maybe that is more of a detriment to the Evo vibe?

Man. I was thinking of hanging around and watching MK grand finals and do other stuff until then, but best of 5 for the whole tournament is making this take forever. The downtime didn't help.

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
    did mortal kombat have a long break that ended about an hour ago too? I wonder what happened

BahamutZERO.gif
    edited August 2019
    Knob wrote: »

Id take a Sindel trailer at this point.

We just got the nightwolf trailer like...a couple days ago. It's not like NRS is just not revealing stuff. They might not have anything.

Knob on
  • WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    Sonicfox and GO1 have the best matches. It's crazy how much they bring out the best in each other. That winners finals match is the highlight of Evo so far for me and it's not particularly close

4SMZq.jpg
    edited August 2019
    EVO getting bopped again, someone found the Cross Tag Battle reveal on a unlisted YT video

https://www.resetera.com/threads/blazblue-cross-tag-battle-ver2-0-trailer-leaks-coming-11-21-with-9-new-characters.132842/
    9 new characters will be added, 4 known so far:

Knob on
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Wimble wrote: »
    Sonicfox and GO1 have the best matches. It's crazy how much they bring out the best in each other. That winners finals match is the highlight of Evo so far for me and it's not particularly close

it's so wholesome

• RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Can we please spoil leaks on finals day?

Radius on
    Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    For fucks sake spoil leaks before their official announcements. @bloodyroarxx

No more direct posting of leaks in the thread at all. Period. Full stop.

Spoiler them or fuck off somewhere else.

The more stuff leaks the more I hope Tekken actually has something to show, partly because Tekken rules and deserves constant updates, but also so Harada can gloat again about nothing leaking.

*TyCart*_banner.jpg
    KIRYU AND MAJIMA IN TEKKEN COME ON IT'S TIME

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Put Tifa in Tekken.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
    it's 100 degrees Fahrenheit in Las Vegas right now with an expected high of 110 degrees. I wonder if people look sweaty today because of that.

BahamutZERO.gif
    It's fine in the arena.

Also god damn that was a good match

Brolo wrote: »
    Put Tifa in Tekken.

Por que no los tres?

it's 100 degrees Fahrenheit in Las Vegas right now with an expected high of 110 degrees. I wonder if people look sweaty today because of that.

i think it's just some unflattering spot lighting

• Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    LETS GO YANG!

and that other girl

acpRlGW.jpg
    AMERICA IN GRAND FINALS WINNERS SIDE BBTAG! THIS IS NOT A DRILL! AMERICA WINNERS SIDE GRAND FINALS!

Channel your energy to Shinku!

America Winner's Side Grand Finals in an Anime game!

Brolo wrote: »
    Put Tifa in Tekken.

Por que no los tres?

if I were revealing Kiryu, Majima, and Tifa, I'd have the yakuza guys drinking at a bar, reveal they're sitting next to a tekken character, and then at the end reveal Tifa is bartending and have her throw them all out when they try to start a fight.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    AMERICA IN GRAND FINALS WINNERS SIDE BBTAG! THIS IS NOT A DRILL! AMERICA WINNERS SIDE GRAND FINALS!

Channel your energy to Shinku!

America Winner's Side Grand Finals in an Anime game!

I remember when you pretty much just expected every Evo top 8 for an anime game to be all Japanese players.

We've come a long way...on shitty netcode.

They just did a sing along in the arena for red like roses. It got super quiet at points until everyone starts yelling

RED

ROSES

Hahaha holy shit this is the perfect anime Grand Finals.

America RWBY Ruby/Yang Shinku
    vs
    Japan Persona Mitsuru/Akihiko Kyamei

• P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    you can't really hear the music on the stream very well so queue up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcmazwwPRno
    for authentic BBTAG experience

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    This is making me want to watch rwby.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    GG shinku!

acpRlGW.jpg
    Japan resets the bracket 3-1 but then AMERICA WINS 3-0 IN THE SECOND SET OF GRAND FINALS!

AMERICA WINS IN ANIME!

ON THE MAIN STAGE!

tumblr_mfy31nbDJU1s23660o1_400.jpg

BahamutZERO.gif
    what's next on the schedule?

BahamutZERO.gif
    SFV top 8

acpRlGW.jpg
This discussion has been closed.