As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] The Fantasy of the Final Pirates Day Eight HELLO FELLOW HUMANS

• JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/dJnklyxbcL8

I didn't mean to do a mutiny.

• AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Oh, while we're at it, there's a cover for one of these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppj0WQOTDnM

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    So I will leave this open over the weekend, and probably look for a Monday start. I'm sorry but you didn't pledge enough to get custom minis statblocks ???.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    Yeah ok, let me just lop off this leg and sharpen a wooden spoon and I'm in.

• JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    I'm so ready for this game I've already got part of my costume down:
    4/5 broken metatarsals woooooooo!
    hrltwm6ttgps.png

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Ouch. How did you manage that? No judgement, I had a stretch where I severely injured my foot three years in a row.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

38thDoe wrote: »
    Ouch. How did you manage that? No judgement, I had a stretch where I severely injured my foot three years in a row.

I also happen to have peripheral neuropathy in my feet (can't feel anything besides the death wails of my nerves as they die) so I don't *exactly* know what the exact incident that broke my foot is. I do know about 2 months ago it swelled (swoled?) up real big ad my doctor ran all kinds of scans to rule out a blood clot or vein issues or any other number of things. After 2 months I got an x-ray that revealed chronic fractures. So I'm pretty sure I *barely* broken them, and then walked on them for 2 months continually breaking them over and over. Apparently the neuropathy is stronger than the pain from broken bones cause I never felt anything beyond my normal shooting nerve pains.

It's a thing that happens with neuropathic patients ("Charcot foot", for those curious). There's even a fun bio-feedback loop where those kinds of chronic breaks cause an enzyme to be released that weakens the bones, causing them to be further susceptible to breakage. So yeah. Quite the vicious cycle which is why i'm currently booted up and can't put any weight on it.

That peg-leg crutch is a life saver though! So much nicer than regular crutches. Can't recommend highly enough.

edited August 2019
    UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED THERE ARE TO BE NO PRIVATE MESSAGES SENT THIS GAME

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular

Oh that's unexpected lol

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Oh that's unexpected lol
    Hey kime in lieu of private messages, we should send public ones and just pretend they're private.

edited August 2019
    Game Begins:

The world prepared to eliminate the pirate threat. The pirates prepared for their next act of villainy as pirates will do when backed into a corner. Perhaps they will release a series of progressively worse movies. Perhaps merely another catchy musical number.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwUUDypEDNQ

Day 1 will close at 3 pm Eastern Time Tomorrow Tuesday the 6th. Please get your votes and orders in.

All role PMs should be out. Again, please do not send private messages unless you hear otherwise.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    For some of us, "no private messages" isn't going to be all that different from how we normally play

• AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Private message: Kime

Tell me who to vote for.

Am I doing the public private message right? If you aren’t Kime YOU CAN’T READ THAT!

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Warning: Spoilers for that one show/movie/book or video game you are invested in that you don't want spoiled, except for @JPants
    I don't trust jdark and AustinP, they are trying to conspire with kime.

Edit:Gharr!

Bluecyan on
    Can't be betrayed by Auralynx if you can't PM Auralynx
    tv7vz8o5mh8m.png

jdarksun wrote: »
    Oh that's unexpected lol
    Hey kime in lieu of private messages, we should send public ones and just pretend they're private.

Trade roles?

Steam profile
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    JPants wrote: »
    Can't be betrayed by Auralynx if you can't PM Auralynx
    tv7vz8o5mh8m.png

How much you wanna bet?

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    There's always passenger pigeon.

https://youtu.be/x4CIeZrcmpk?t=166

wVEsyIc.png
    Game Begins:

The world prepared to eliminate the pirate threat. The pirates prepared for their next act of villainy as pirates will do when backed into a corner. Perhaps they will release a series of progressively worse movies. Perhaps merely another catchy musical number.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwUUDypEDNQ

Day 1 will close at 3 pm Eastern Time Tomorrow Tuesday the 6th. Please get your votes and orders in.

All role PMs should be out. Again, please do not send private messages unless you hear otherwise.

That's my new favorite pirate song :D

Steam profile
    "We say Yo Ho but we don't say Hoe cause Ho is disrespectful, Yo!"

i'm 100% going to have that stuck in my head all day.

Oh that's unexpected lol
    Trade roles?
    I'm not a pirate.

How about you?

I can confirm I have never downloaded a car, how about the rest of you? Hmmmm, anyone smelling especially salty lately?

Oh that's unexpected lol
    Trade roles?
    I'm not a pirate.

How about you?

I'm not eithARRRRR

Steam profile
    Oh that's unexpected lol
    Trade roles?
    I'm not a pirate.

How about you?

I'm not eithARRRRR

That reminds me of a joke totally unrelated to our situation:

What's a pirate's favorite droid from Star Wars?

Arrrgh Two, naturally

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Oh that's unexpected lol
    Trade roles?
    I'm not a pirate.

How about you?

I'm not eithARRRRR

Gharr that be Arrgh5-P8.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Obifett said nothing in PM and deserves to be keelhauled for that immediately.

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited August 2019

Egos on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Oh that's unexpected lol
    Trade roles?
    I'm not a pirate.

How about you?

I'm not eithARRRRR

IG-Matey8?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »

Try sending your PM again. I'm sure I'd respond this time.

Look if you answer the joke you've got to supply one of your own, that's just basic pirate etiquette.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Look if you answer the joke you've got to supply one of your own, that's just basic pirate etiquette.

Yarr, what be a pirate's favourite spooky hot drink?

Sorry, it's my first day with the hook

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »

Try sending your PM again. I'm sure I'd respond this time.

Fair.
    Look, this time I have it here, in this bottle.
    If you could kindly lend your head to open it, we can be underway.

Ok, no PMs so let’s just try this.

Raise your hand if you are a threat to the village.

*starts to raise hand*

waaaaait a second

Steam profile
  • LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    Pirates are the worst.

I mean, last place in an already-mediocre NL Central? Two wins in their last 14 games? Just awful.

*starts to raise hand*

waaaaait a second

Gharr, almost got ye there!

Simon says "Raise your hand if you are a threat to the village."

Egos, what a mighty fine beard that is, probably keep you real warm on those cold shippy nights!

It was a double trick! Pirates have hooks!

*checks Blue off list, moves to check Kime and hesitates*