As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Indie Games] would be great on Switch!

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Elaro wrote: »
    Maybe he could pick up Crane Operator.

Is that the game where you try to get people to climb onto your crane and then drop them from a good great height?

Wasn't that a G&T thing from a long-ass fucking time ago?

It was, yes. I don't know if that guy was engaging in some light trolling/tomfoolery, or was being sincere about his weird game idea, but he seemed ecstatic to have finally found a forum that ran with it.

And while it was sort of a joke post, indie games being as diverse and sometimes, non game-like these days, it could maybe even work.

Oh. Rad.

Actually, a video game where you are trying to have a conversation might be more interesting if you have the conversation be like a card game-y type thing? I don't know? Somebody'll have to think about that.

That new Klei game is partially this

EDIT: Griftlands, which I thought was in early access but apparently isn't?

Wait, I thought it was but it’s just on the Epic Games Store, like Hades?

Yeah 14.99 on the EPIIIICCC GAAAAMMMESSS S STORE

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular

Is that the game where you try to get people to climb onto your crane and then drop them from a good great height?

It was, yes. I don't know if that guy was engaging in some light trolling/tomfoolery, or was being sincere about his weird game idea, but he seemed ecstatic to have finally found a forum that ran with it.

And while it was sort of a joke post, indie games being as diverse and sometimes, non game-like these days, it could maybe even work.

Oh. Rad.

Actually, a video game where you are trying to have a conversation might be more interesting if you have the conversation be like a card game-y type thing? I don't know? Somebody'll have to think about that.

Correct.

Coming to Early Access on Steam next June, Also.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    That looks like you get rewarded for bangin' Daddy Drac...

• Options
    Nah, that's definitely a mobile thing saying "Give us 12 fuckdollars to bang Dracula"

Or whatever their premium currency is

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Dracula has spend hundreds of years perfecting his skills and always brings his A-Game, its gotta be worth 12 fuckdollars

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular

Oh. Rad.

Yeah 14.99 on the EPIIIICCC GAAAAMMMESSS S STORE

*hissssssss*

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    They're going to add a faster engine...9 months after release....

• Options
    In their last game, faster engines were largely bad so I dunno

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Spy Party
    Yeah honestly I think permanently coupling engines and ships was a better choice in the end.

I like the idea of being able to swap out your engine and customize that, but in practice it was a burden, and the speed changes in Seas felt really minor most of the time.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    The top tier engines in Sunless Sea were bizarrely shit, like why, if you get a boat with a slot for the thingy that lets you overload the engine indefinitely the basic crud engine goes fast as fuck and doesn't eat fuel at a preposterous rate

• Options
    I tested some different engines in Sunless Sea ages and ages ago, so maybe they have changed this but I doubt it, but getting the fastest engine that doesn't also cause everyone to actually literally go insane would make a trip across the entire map maybe like 10 seconds faster but also I'd use three times as much fuel

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Sunless Sea is a much much much much much much much better game than Fallen London but still just kind of poorly done in places

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    Fallen London was the best of an extremely specific genre of energy-bar browser games from the mid-late 2000s, which is admittedly damning with faint praise, but it's not like they independently developed a really shitty content delivery system; they just figured out the best way to make that really shitty content delivery system compelling and (relatively) fairly but effectively monetized.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Star Citizen

This is those goddamn games in a nutshell.

I loathe those games. Choose your own adventure is great but they're just linear-ass stories with the good stuff behind a paywall. Option A: Do this cool interesting thing? (15 gems) or Option B: Don't (Free). And no you can't just give them $5 or $10 and get the entire thing without microtransactions. Most of the stories aren't even done yet.

E: Oh god this person is a writer for that shitty-ass game shilling their shitty-ass product. So they know exactly what they're doing. Gross.

Aistan on
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Impale is a verb that pops up with surprising frequency in erotic fiction.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Spy Party
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Impale is a verb that pops up with surprising frequency in erotic fiction.

Is it really that surprising, though

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Spy Party

it can’t be...can it? dare I dream...?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Ah, the real Kentucky Route Zero starts here.

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Spy Party
    Mr. G wrote: »

it can’t be...can it? dare I dream...?

mmm yes episodic gaming

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I can't wait for Sin Episode 2!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Star Citizen
    are you inferring that KR0 act 5 will be released soon from the fact that they're porting the old parts to consoles? Ehhhhhh...

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
    Spy Party
    I believe they had previously said that they wouldn't port it until all five parts are done.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    I believe they had previously said that they wouldn't port it until all five parts are done.

Yeah, the original claim was the switch version and act v were coming out at the same time

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Also the fact that it's apparently being listed as a single package. It would be kind of weird to be announcing either a) part 1 only or b) parts 1-4 as one package but not part 5.

Part 5 seems imminent, and by god I hope it's true so I can finally play that damn game.

• Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    oh neat, that superman 64-ish game some japanese students were making is up on steam now
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1116960/UNDEFEATED/

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    Fallen London was the best of an extremely specific genre of energy-bar browser games from the mid-late 2000s, which is admittedly damning with faint praise, but it's not like they independently developed a really shitty content delivery system; they just figured out the best way to make that really shitty content delivery system compelling and (relatively) fairly but effectively monetized.

I got more into Kingdom of Loathing. And Candy Box, if we're counting that.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

Have you played West of Loathing? It's like all of the weird humor from KoL boiled down into a powerful concentrate like the congealed tobacco muck at the bottom of a spittoon. It's a really excellent little game.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

Have you played West of Loathing? It's like all of the weird humor from KoL boiled down into a powerful concentrate like the congealed tobacco muck at the bottom of a spittoon. It's a really excellent little game.

And it's on Switch!

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Zandracon wrote: »
    oh neat, that superman 64-ish game some japanese students were making is up on steam now
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1116960/UNDEFEATED/
    Also its free to play.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    Jedoc wrote: »

And it's on Switch!

just make sure you absolutely do no read the necromancy books

seriously

don't

they will actively ruin your character unless you are a caster

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Spy Party
    Psychonauts 2 Fig Investors are getting their payouts early.
    According to an email sent out to those who invested through Fig (not backers, investors actually invested a minimum of $500 with profit sharing promised) every investor will be getting $696 per share, for a profit of $196. Microsoft is footing the bill as they bought Double Fine and also the publishing rights from Fig, so they're paying out now. However, investors will not be getting any more payouts if the game sells well, but this is more per share than what Fig promised (85% dividend rate instead of 70%). The payouts will be coming in September, before the game even launches.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    That seems shitty.

I mean at least they're paying something, but seems like unless the game does really poorly those folks just got screwed out of a good bit of money.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Star Citizen
    That does seem shitty. I wonder if they had set up clauses in the fig investor legal fine print beforehand to allow for if someone to bought out a project on fig, to also buy out the investors' shares without their having any say in it.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Spy Party
    this is more per share than what Fig promised (85% dividend rate instead of 70%)
    Is this good?

• Options
    Star Citizen
    it's more than what they paid for the shares, but the investors don't get to get dividends over time that could potentially be more than that eventually. Or potentially less than that, depends on how well the game sells.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i'm not gonna lie, i'm not expecting psychonauts 2 to be a big sales banger

liEt3nH.png
This discussion has been closed.