As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Salt Always. The Queen Is Dead (Skadi)! Long Live The Queen (Castoria)!

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    6 Tickets: Summer Raikou.
    6 Rolls: MLB 5* CE, MLB 4* CE, Volumen Hydragyrum +1, Fionn spook, no more Summer servants.

Guess I'm saving my tickets now for the Raikou solo rateup to see if I get a NP2 or cutting my losses.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    In other news, I just got the death notification of the other gacha game I played and loved. So I guess I'll have more time to farm events here, and play other games. Silver linings...

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    I went ahead and spent my 5 monthly tickets on the Nero/Fran banner.

Got Fran, who is the one I was most interested in since I don't have her on JP.

Gacha is good sometimes
    lol no it fucking is not

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Had just a bit of quartz left for this banner. Only wanted Raikou, got Maid Alter and Helena. Can't be too mad about Salter though.

Also is there an infographic for part 2 of the event?

Also is there an infographic for part 2 of the event?

Yes.
    S72DjVT.jpg

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    After reading about new bronze servants, I think I will be waiting for Charlotte Corday the most.

The entire concept behind her is pretty simple ("a woman this nice couldn't possibly plot to murder someone?"), but she is just a cool person overall. Definitely going to give her some Grails when she arrives.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    In other news, I just got the death notification of the other gacha game I played and loved. So I guess I'll have more time to farm events here, and play other games. Silver linings...

What was the other game, out of curiosity?

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I'm guessing Star Ocean?

uyvfOQy.png

What was the other game, out of curiosity?
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I'm guessing Star Ocean?

Yeah, Star Ocean. Big 1st Anniversary Celebration. Then 3 weeks of silence. Then the shutdown notice. The JP version is still going strong but the Global version was horribly mismanaged. I had tons of fun playing the game with the community (it was a multiplayer 3D action rpg) but I don't see me switching to JP and starting over from nothing and forever not able to get some of the limited units I had and loved.

No more Square Enix mobile games for me ever again. And no more 'Global' or 'English' games if I pick up a new Gacha in the future. Gonna be JP or single-worldwide-server for me going forward only if I start any new games.

kiu3no9g5m7s.png

Well that's out of my head finally.

uyvfOQy.png
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Did enough rolls to get Archer Helena and Lancer Raikou. Rider Salter didn't show up in the meanwhile so I'm not pursuing her, she doesn't look like much of an upgrade from Rider Kintoki anyway.

Madican wrote: »
    Did enough rolls to get Archer Helena and Lancer Raikou. Rider Salter didn't show up in the meanwhile so I'm not pursuing her, she doesn't look like much of an upgrade from Rider Kintoki anyway.

Rider Salter has the highest Rider damage potential at NP2+. But unless you get that... Kintoki is just busted. Dude bursts harder that most 5*s. Ozy and Quetz keep up in sustained damage, but the dude's a freebie.

Truly showing how much superior Kamen Rider is.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    JP Classes revealed:
    Musashi's actually a Berserker
    Carmilla's a Rider
    Neethime's an Archer (most people got this one right at least)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Huh, interesting design on Musashi. Shame she's an AoE Berserker, that field's full up with Raikou and Godjuna

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Do we know her NP card type? If it's Arts, that's a totally unfilled niche.

Not sure how they'd balance that, though.

Do we know her NP card type? If it's Arts, that's a totally unfilled niche.

Not sure how they'd balance that, though.

Arts AoE Berserker might be a little too much because of NP looping, but it's certainly possible

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    I'm back from my Vegas trip, and boy did I miss some news. I mean, I was still at least doing logins, but I didn't know what all these bronze servants on JP were about. Turns out, they are all rad as hell. I also yolo'd a 10 roll on that account and immediately picked up the new Da Vinci, so that's pretty awesome. Can hoard the rest of the anniversary stuff for summer.

On the NA side, I'm a bit behind on summer events, but I'm not too worried about it.

Hahahahahahahaha oh god, JP just gave Nero's targetable +50% NP gain up skill a 30% instant charge. Why? RIP people hoping for a Mordred or Okita buff.

Also hey, Boudicia finally got a 3rd skill.

I gotta wonder how they decide these strengthenings sometimes.

Also trying out Saber Fran in the lancer node and she's got some jank but her weapon is a shapeshifting lightning sword and her NP is making it into a giant lightning sword so she's now on my list of Servants to develop

From my very inexpert analysis, Saber Fran seems like a good ST Saber with not so great survivability.

Don't need to worry about survival if you kill the enemy before they kill you!

*fields more Berserkers*

SQZ3wpQ.jpg

God. Bride's buff is beyond levels of stupid good to an already stupidly good servant over in JP. The's no understating this. She's gonna rotate hard into the Quick meta now, while still being a fantastic Arts/general support.

I'm sure Chen Gong is happy

From my very inexpert analysis, Saber Fran seems like a good ST Saber with not so great survivability.
    Saber Fran is very good. She can be awkward to use, since her NP gain boost skill can't be used when she's below 10% NP, but it tends to cause her gauge to just explode. She might not be as consistent, but I put her very much in league with Saber Lancelot, which is a very good place to be.

Post-Skadi, she might even be better than him. That's still a long ways off, though.

I have her paired with Saberlot for this lancer node and together they generate NP plus crit stars like crazy

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Hahahahahahahaha oh god, JP just gave Nero's targetable +50% NP gain up skill a 30% instant charge. Why? RIP people hoping for a Mordred or Okita buff.

Also hey, Boudicia finally got a 3rd skill.

What, she gets a targetted battery on it now? That's just silly.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Somebody yell at me to do part 2 of this event.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    The story of part 2 is very fun, do it

There is a lot of Medb here, and more Medb is always good!

Asthariel wrote: »
    There is a lot of Medb here, and more Medb is always good!

Huge disagree but the story is still good, especially if the latest development gets to play out

At the very least, part 2 of this summer event is waaaay better than part 2 of the first summer event. I guess they learned their lesson in half-assing it.

That's good to hear. I was worried it would also be a big disappointment.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Saber Fran is very good. She can be awkward to use, since her NP gain boost skill can't be used when she's below 10% NP, but it tends to cause her gauge to just explode. She might not be as consistent, but I put her very much in league with Saber Lancelot, which is a very good place to be.

Post-Skadi, she might even be better than him. That's still a long ways off, though.

Also Lancelot has terrible animations and is in fire need of an update

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    So what I’m seeing in here is that I should complete my Nero collection and try and get Bride next Nero-fest

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    Stilts wrote: »
    So what I’m seeing in here is that I should complete my Nero collection and try and get Bride next Nero-fest

Good news, that's probably the next event. Not sure if it'll be before the next chapter though.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Good news, that's probably the next event. Not sure if it'll be before the next chapter though.

That’s not good news at all! I have nothing left!

IKknkhU.gif
    Not rolling for Nero Bride will be my biggest challenge towards saving for Merlin and Musashi. 10M Downloads Campaign is so close!

Regular Nero continues to sit in the corner with my other dozen disappointing Sabers.

uyvfOQy.png
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Regular Nero continues to sit in the corner with my other dozen disappointing Sabers.

Regular Nero is an interlude-buffed Arts AoE with a 44% Atk/Def buff, Herc's Bond CE on a skill, and later gets a 30% self charge.

How is she remotely disappointing?

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

Japan had...
    August 17 ~ September 1 Death Jail Summer Escape
    Break week!
    September 6 ~ September 20 Nerofest
    Break week!
    September 27 ~ October 11 Halloween 2016 rerun
    3ish day break!
    October 14 Shimousa
    Two week break to clear the story!
    October 25 ~ November 10 Halloween 2017

We'll probably stick to that schedule as well, I think. Or something close enough. The days of jumbled schedules are somewhat behind us, I think?