As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2019 PAX West Schedule

forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
edited August 2019 in PAX West
The schedule is live here: https://west.paxsite.com/schedule

Also up in the PAX app, which you can download from the Play Store or the App Store.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
forbiddenvoid on

• IncreaseBlueIncreaseBlue Registered User regular
    Guidebook online link is live - https://guidebook.com/guide/160963/

Why is everyone so quiet?? TIME TO GET HYPE!

What is everyone excited to see this year?

For me I'm interested in the ShadowBringers and GranBlue Versus panel.

• forbiddenvoidforbiddenvoid Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I'm super pumped that tabletop gets its own space and its own expo hall!

Might just spend the whole weekend at the Regency.

forbiddenvoid on
    ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • LackeyLackey [E] PAX Tabletop Tournaments Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Tabletop Tournaments event titles and times are correct, but the descriptions are messed up. We're working on fixing them.

Lackey on
  • EscoBladesEscoBlades Product Marketing Manager at Ubisoft Registered User regular
    What does the little blue symbol next to some of the panels listed mean?

tHBv9m5.png
    Product Marketing Manager on Watch Dogs: Legion
    Youtube | Twitter
  • MahnaMahnaMahnaMahna Head Nerd, Meeple Ministry SeattleRegistered User new member
    yeah saw the Terraforming Mars tourney description under another game. Where does the Tourney take place? Do the spots fill up quickly or will I have time to actually play without having to hustle for a signup?

cwvl937x3o97.png

• LackeyLackey [E] PAX Tabletop Tournaments Registered User regular
    Tabletop Tourneys will take place on Level 5 of the Hyatt Regency Hotel. Signup sheets for each day's events will be available at 9:30am each day. So swing by at 9:30 am, sign up for anything you want to play during that day, and then go have fun! Return 15 minutes before the tournament begins to be seated.

EscoBlades wrote: »

On the website I think that's meant to indicate it's taking place in a theater. Otherwise it would be in a different area (like the tournaments).

• MahnaMahnaMahnaMahna Head Nerd, Meeple Ministry SeattleRegistered User new member
    cool excited to get into a Clank or TM tourney on the heels of GenCon!!

cwvl937x3o97.png

• PavioPavio Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but I don't see Cyberpunk 2077/CD Projekt Red on the schedule or exhibitors list. I was really looking forward to it after they tweeted about PAX West. Anyone know?
    https://www.thegamer.com/cyberpunk-2077-pax-west-2019/

h0fzh03libmq.png

Pavio on
    v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    Pavio wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but I don't see Cyberpunk 2077/CD Projekt Red on the schedule or exhibitors list. I was really looking forward to it after they tweeted about PAX West. Anyone know?

h0fzh03libmq.png

There is still the potential for changes and additions to the schedule.

The details of this cosplay contest seem to confirm that they will be at PAX West in some capacity - https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/cosplay-contest/

I'm in agreement that it looks like a few things were withheld from the schedule on purpose, namely the keynote speaker.

• YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Pavio wrote: »
    h0fzh03libmq.png

He posted they will have a panel, but nothing else.
    db7snamdr764.png

YoungFrey on
  • SlowOctopusSlowOctopus Registered User regular
    I'm more excited about the Supergiant Games 10th anniversary stuff than anything else at PAX this year! Not only is there a panel with the developers, but the composer is performing at the Saturday night concerts!

I'M GONNA SEE DARREN KORB AND ASHLEY BARRETT LIVE!!!

lo9ta7am5xk0.png
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Having seen them perform live multiple times before I can say that you are in for a treat. :D

I'm just happy we finally have the Paramount for the main theater again, especially with Knight of the Round playing, it's a much more suitable venue.

There will definitely be more added to the schedule, they don't have the Jamspace times up there yet either.

NSw0gum.png
  • I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    So I went to exhibitors section, I saw Sony listed but no Microsoft, just Mixed. Is MS skipping this year?

ZYseqtZ.png
  • PavioPavio Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    @YoungFrey

Sweet--that's my tweet he replied to :)

Pavio on
    v6h3hfs2v597.png
  • ColdbrewColdbrew Down in Front Productions Lake Stevens, WARegistered User regular
    Microsoft just likes to brand their booths with Mixer lately, I'm sure it will be more than just Mixer itself.

NSw0gum.png
  • I3izzyI3izzy Nonofficial member of the F5 brigade FG, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Coldbrew wrote: »
    Microsoft just likes to brand their booths with Mixer lately, I'm sure it will be more than just Mixer itself.

I feel you haven't watch the floor closely for the last year or two. They have had a separate Mixer booth. Their main booth always has the up coming games and is right next to Sony. This year that location (just on the other side of the sky bridge) is occupied by Mixer and Brace yourself games. And the booth size is small, looks barely enough for one of their game lines.

I3izzy on
    ZYseqtZ.png
  • bacon_avengerbacon_avenger Defender of Pork Products Pacific NW, USARegistered User regular
    I find it somewhat interesting that the Benaroya Hall appears to not be used this year

PAX Prime 2022 Checklist:[ ]Hotel [ ]Time Off [ ]Bobcats [ ]Challenge Coin [ ]Forum Badge
    eIMwu3s.png
  • Tech_VikingTech_Viking Portland Registered User new member
    I'm wondering if Cd Projekt Red is doing a venue outside of the convention center. Like how Bethesda did last year by taking over the Hard Rock. Also not seeing Bethesda so assuming they're taking over the HRC again?

e4ocib4yl36q.png

• Nexis NightmareNexis Nightmare Minneapolis MNRegistered User regular
    I'm wondering if Cd Projekt Red is doing a venue outside of the convention center. Like how Bethesda did last year by taking over the Hard Rock. Also not seeing Bethesda so assuming they're taking over the HRC again?

I am dying for some Doom information so I'm hoping Bethesda will be doing something but I haven't seen anything from them yet.

• midnamidna Greater Seattle AreaRegistered User regular
    So I was kind of bummed that Acq Inc is on Friday and not Sunday (for some reason I thought it was on Sunday), but now on Sunday they're doing Dungeons & Dragons & Drag Queens, which I am EXTRA HYPED FOR!

5q5sdsqaqnv0.png

[ ] Badges [ ] time off [ ] cosplay

midna wrote: »
    So I was kind of bummed that Acq Inc is on Friday and not Sunday (for some reason I thought it was on Sunday), but now on Sunday they're doing Dungeons & Dragons & Drag Queens, which I am EXTRA HYPED FOR!

If you haven't seen their show before, you're in for a real treat. They are incredible.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • EscoBladesEscoBlades Product Marketing Manager at Ubisoft Registered User regular
    EscoBlades wrote: »

On the website I think that's meant to indicate it's taking place in a theater. Otherwise it would be in a different area (like the tournaments).

Thanks!

tHBv9m5.png
    Product Marketing Manager on Watch Dogs: Legion
    Youtube | Twitter
  • krae_mankrae_man Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Guidebook online link is live - https://guidebook.com/guide/160963/

I don't see a return of an indoor queue. Getting in is going to suck if there isn't an area to line up that is past the security checkpoint.

krae_man on
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Gary Whitta is this year's Keynote Speaker. He knows at least two people named Will Smith.

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    For personal Schedule prioritization, I assume Main and Hydra Theaters will be streamed again. Is Raven the Wyvern replacement as the third streamed theater?

GONG-00 on
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • whypick1whypick1 PAX [E] Info Booth Manager ~2' from an LCDRegistered User regular
    Yes, Raven will be streamed.

Is it PAX <insert nearest future PAX here> yet?
    I feel like I'm obligated to check out the Stadia booth. I don't like the idea that Google is entering the console market, but for $129, I think I'm supposed to give them a chance.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
    @forbiddenvoid no, no your not. Remember it is a streaming box, not a even a a legitimate console. Don't fall for their lies

ZYseqtZ.png
    I3izzy wrote: »
    @forbiddenvoid no, no your not. Remember it is a streaming box, not a even a a legitimate console. Don't fall for their lies

To be fair, it has the same effect. I get to sit down and play games on my television, even if those games are hosted on a different device. If the streaming is good, then it's probably worth it. I'm just concerned that my sad little 12Mbps isn't enough to handle it.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.
  • SkeleVaderSkeleVader Your Friendly Dark Lord of Destruction Registered User regular
    I3izzy wrote: »

Remenber Onlive? They had to give the "consoles" away to get people to try them. This is the same thing.

IhtGIyi.png
    I do remember OnLive. Things have changed in the last seven years, and Google is not Steve Perlman.

There are probably three companies that have the infrastructure to do this right and none of those companies are Sony (https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/20/18632374/microsoft-sony-cloud-gaming-partnership-amazon-google).

Google's scale and brand are probably enough to make this entry viable (no one took Microsoft seriously when they announced the XBox). Streaming is a vastly better business model for the console manufacturers than the current model is and it creates a lot of value for the users.

All of that said, I'm not sold on it yet, and I'll need to see it work first. The competition for me right now is between Microsoft and Google, and I already own an XBox One. I'm excited to give them a chance, but that doesn't mean I'm ready to order.

ewnk2szpswv2.png

PAX. PAX. PAX. Boom.