As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] The Fantasy of the Final Pirates Day Eight HELLO FELLOW HUMANS

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    I’m very curious to see what those pm updates are like. You got punched. You got punched again :)

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    jdarksun wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    This is some nonsense happening right now. Everyone is going to have a cover.
    I don't have a cover, I'm barely a mook.

Which is in itself a role, and is internally consistent with other bits of data.

I'm doing my damnedest to figure out what's inconsistent. We've seen a dead Lukahn. KetBra claimed a sage too. Why they claimed neutral idk

But thats the thing, you have a role as a mook. its a role that I'm willing to bet the mafia have a version of to use as a cover

So as a game creator, you can't give all your mafia covers as their own unique bucket of things, otherwise the village figures out that all the mafia have the same cover bucket and its game over once one of them dies. You can't then also give them conflicting covers since now you can just kill everyone with conflicting covers. You gotta give the mafia a range of believable covers that make it difficult for the village to determine even if one of the mafia dies after claiming.

Which means mafia are going to be able to claim something like Ketbra has been claiming. The reason Ketbra's claim sounds bad is that their powers make no sense for their claim (which is usually the thing the mafia have to make-up)

ObiFett on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Kime and Obifett as the voices of reason...

Is Ashton Kutcher playing? Because I'm definitely being punk'd.

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    Huh. My guess now is that you have mafia who are a threat to the village

Elves (Green) Pirates (Red) Dwarves (gold) who need to eliminate the threat, and hold some fancy item in the process.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Bedlam wrote: »

We already did that version/flavor of phalla

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I guess if you're a role and that checks out and can confirm, privately or otherwise, go for it?
    Not sure it can hurt the village

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited August 2019

Look I only get a few moments of coherence in this game every night before someone keeps hitting my in the head over and over again.

Elves (Green) Pirates (Red) Dwarves (gold) who need to eliminate the threat, and hold some fancy item in the process.

I mean, win conditions outright state there is someone who's a threat to the village, yeah?

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited August 2019

*blinks*

Mafia are always a threat to the village :|

Bedlam on
  • Options
    True

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    [

*blinks*

Not when I run games. They are either extremely underpowered or a fake out. I should probably stop that trend...

• Options
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    [

*blinks*

Not when I run games. They are either extremely underpowered or a fake out. I should probably stop that trend...

I once had a game where everyone thought they were mafia, but it was really a faction game.

That was a funny idea in theory, but a bad game in practice, since no one talked because they were all trying to lay low and not get the spotlight on them.

• Options
    What game was that ? It’s been awhile

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    When everyone's special, no one will be.
    [/syndrome]

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Egos wrote: »
    What game was that ? It’s been awhile

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/26019552/#Comment_26019552

Thats the link to the roles PMs in the game

ObiFett on
  • Options
    RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    I'm especially special, that's what my mom says anyways.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular

Which is in itself a role, and is internally consistent with other bits of data.

I'm doing my damnedest to figure out what's inconsistent. We've seen a dead Lukahn. KetBra claimed a sage too. Why they claimed neutral idk

But thats the thing, you have a role as a mook. its a role that I'm willing to bet the mafia have a version of to use as a cover

So as a game creator, you can't give all your mafia covers as their own unique bucket of things, otherwise the village figures out that all the mafia have the same cover bucket and its game over once one of them dies. You can't then also give them conflicting covers since now you can just kill everyone with conflicting covers. You gotta give the mafia a range of believable covers that make it difficult for the village to determine even if one of the mafia dies after claiming.

Which means mafia are going to be able to claim something like Ketbra has been claiming. The reason Ketbra's claim sounds bad is that their powers make no sense for their claim (which is usually the thing the mafia have to make-up)
    I mean The host aren't going to individually stripe the mafia across each set of factions either right? That's just as easy to find.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Day Three: And when you’re a professional pirate...

The crowd had finally tracked down the pirates terrorizing the world. Rotting the Earth, Stopping the Wind, forcing the sages to give out canoes. They had no patience for the Pirate Captain’s insistence that they mostly sat around singing and rhyming all day.

“We’re taking our town back!”

But the captain grinned. He was ready for them. He lifted his voice and his arms. His crew hummed along.

“Some say that pirates steal and should be feared and hated,
    I say we’re victims of bad press, it's all exaggerated!
    We'd never stab you in the back, we'd never lie or cheat
    We're just about the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet!

Well look at us town, we’re a festival of congeniality!”

The crowd didn’t much care that this was LostNinja’s only number.

The Kingdom of Cornelia had come a long way since their King was inspired to change titles to Emperor Cornelia. He had greatly expanded the kingdom’s power and territory. Now that the pirate threat had been rounded up, the Emperor thought about his next conquest. Elflands? Dwarflands? Both kingdoms had substantial natural resources. Perhaps a space program like the ancients had? Supposedly they had constructed a station in space. The Emperor relaxed in his throne as he considered his next move. A bright flash from the window...

The castle was leveled by a gigantic horizontal column of fire. They say that Egos always sits on his throne, as none dared to try and removed his melted bones from the gold.

Three tireless researchers made a technological breakthrough! The technology level of the planet increases!

0/4 points to the next technology level.

In the post breakthrough party one of the researchers stopped to sign some autographs. Dr. Unne, great scientific mind and linguist that he is, made sure to sign in both the languages that he knew. Just to drive home how smart he was.

“Good we have the right doctor.”

“Ah do you have some transcription work for me? Beneath my intellect I’m sure but- I say you seem to have a most uncomfortable grip on my torso good sir.”

Dr. Unne was pulled apart by long rubbery appendages, cut into pieces, nibbled on and had his soul removed.

The Dead:
    LostNinja - Pirate Captain - DEMOCRACY
    Emperor Cornelia - Egos - LASER CANNON
    Dr. Unne - mrpaku - Slashed, Ripped Apart, Partially Eaten, and Soul Harvested

PMs are going out but feel free to play. @Wildcat on notice for inactivity.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

I mean The host aren't going to individually stripe the mafia across each set of factions either right? That's just as easy to find.

I don't think they would equally stripe them across each set of factions, but they should be distributed.

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    So... that slashed/ripped/eaten/harvest stuff is all one kill? TF?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    oOoOooOooooOo

But.. I'm...too brilliant...to die

OoooOOoOooooo

• Options
  • Options
    OK I'm not convinced pirates are baddies actually. Maybe that was clear yesterday, if so oops :P

Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote: »
    OK I'm not convinced pirates are baddies actually. Maybe that was clear yesterday, if so oops :P

If the Four Fiends are in play, pirates are definitely not the biggest worry, but I highly doubt they're good. Probably two mafias.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

If the Four Fiends are in play, pirates are definitely not the biggest worry, but I highly doubt they're good. Probably two mafias.

They haven't done anything

Steam profile
  • Options
    cj iwakura wrote: »

They haven't done anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaWU1CmrJNc

?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    OooOOOOooooooOoooooOo

Haters of the arts, all of you

https://youtu.be/GI1RJ6QVXrQ

https://youtu.be/-plFBb6YlW4

• Options
    ok really.

stop hittin' me

please....

Steam profile
  • Options
    With all the shenanigans and chicinary KetBra makes even more sense to me.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Oh no we got a pirate gasp how dare we

• Options
    edited August 2019
    It sounds like the pirates were masoned thralls?

edit: no, their color is different from the dark red kill

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Bluecyan time to die! Grrr how dare you live another day!

• Options
    If you really can die red, but not be mafia, maybe that's what Justice for Ps power is supposed to do? This doesn't seem to be a large enough game for two mafias.

Pirates aren't what is killing us.

• Options
    A pirate who literally said that pirates arent the baddies.

• Options
    Retaba wrote: »
    Bluecyan time to die! Grrr how dare you live another day!

*Sigh* that's fine but why?

For what it's worth Mrpaku was my PM contact so I'm kind of out in the dark again. There were two other people I know he talked to and one of them was from day one.

Also, also I was targeted last night and you have ruined my very fancy clothes whomever you are.

• Options
    okay really tho

burnage

gimme one night pls

Steam profile
  • Options
    Why? WHY? Because I am very angry and nothing would make me happier, that is why.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    With new technology comes new understanding of the world. The order of operations in the OP has been updated.

Also technology has increased to the point where anyone can send private messages.

Go crazy.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    okay really tho

burnage

gimme one night pls

I will need to consult my partners Fist 1 and Fist 2 about this

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Uhhhhh was this always in the OP?
    If and of course this is only hypothetical, but if there is any time traveling, then of course kills in the future wouldn’t still be in effect in the past. Kills made in the past would remain in the future. Unless something else happens. Of course, it would be weird to have time travel in a game about pirates. I don’t even know why this is here.