As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PC Games - Blasphemous, Greedfall, Unrailed EA & PesterQuest out today!

• CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I mean people get attached to 30-50 cute hoglets but then still have bacon come wintertime. This is a story old as time.

What is this 30-50 hogs thing, been seeing it everywhere?

HFOaiZO.jpg

https://www.gq.com/story/hogblog

Hey cool, this guy is literally from my home town.

How's the hog situation

Haven't been there in...approaching 15 years, but zero of em when I was last there.
    That's totally useless information, the entire point is how fast moving they are!

• el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Can someone get an asset flip hog game out in Unity by the end of the week before it's too late?

Blood & Bacon already exists!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    I mean people get attached to 30-50 cute hoglets but then still have bacon come wintertime. This is a story old as time.

What is this 30-50 hogs thing, been seeing it everywhere?

HFOaiZO.jpg

https://www.gq.com/story/hogblog

Hey cool, this guy is literally from my home town.

How's the hog situation

Haven't been there in...approaching 15 years, but zero of em when I was last there.
    That's totally useless information, the entire point is how fast moving they are!

that's just arkansas football

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    in order to address the growing wild hog problem in the rural united states football will now be played with 30-50 live hogs in place of the football

BahamutZERO.gif
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    The day Arkansas develops a passing game is the day I eat my hat.

• ElaroElaro Apologetic Registered User regular

Is it a hog hat?

Children's rights are human rights.
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

Is it a hog hat?
    If not, I've got 30-50, you can have one

CYpGAPn.png
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Elaro wrote: »

Is it a hog hat?

Used to be! I had one of those plastic hog hats as a kid. Nowadays my only hat is a baseball cap which has been placed on mowin duty. Just a big ol band of salt in that brim, tell you what.

(For those of you not from The Natural State, the mascot of the University of Arkansas is the razorback, a species of feral hog. Hog sightings are not a common thing.)

• TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    that dude's avatar was definitely just a picture of his face when that tweet went viral

I think he's actually trying to lean into it now that people are making fun of him

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Ha, you have all fallen for my hilarious hog joke!

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular

what is it about: DIFFICULT TO TELL
    what genre: DOESN'T REALLY SAY
    system requirements: PRETTY AMBIGUOUS
    playable online: CONTRADICTORY MESSAGING
    can you see any hint in the screenshots: ITS TOO BLURRY TO MAKE OUT

welcome to an UNQUANTIFIABLE ANOUNT OF... UNCLEARNESS

• Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    Well, I'm sold.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I'm unsure about it.

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    "Storage: 33 GB available space"

HahahahahahahahahahahaNO.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
    How do the developers describe the content of the game?
    The developers describe the content like this:

blood, naked girls, murder.

aw fuck yeah

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    "Storage: 33 GB available space"

HahahahahahahahahahahaNO.

That's not that unusual in this day and age.

Shit, Gears of War 4 is like over 100 gigs.

In all seriousness that game looks like it could be cool, but the ad copy in the steam page for it does not leave me confident.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yeah 30 gigs is pretty unremarkable for large 3D games at this point

BahamutZERO.gif
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    that dude's avatar was definitely just a picture of his face when that tweet went viral

I think he's actually trying to lean into it now that people are making fun of him

In fairness. Arkansans fucking love the Razorbacks.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    How did Epic not scoop up Destiny 2 for its storefront?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

I'm pretty sure the whole idea is for them to not be tied to any one storefront

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Epic Store exclusivity seems to be tied into two categories.

1. Indies for whom a guaranteed cash infusion offsets the potential loss of sales, which is handy as it defers some of the risk that can be deadly for indies.
    2. Publishers who want to eke out whatever extra cents they can out of their product. 2k doesn't NEED the money provided by Borderlands 3 being exclusive, but they're damn sure going to take it, and they'll likely get a bigass second wind when it comes out on Steam six months later.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »

It isn't political. It just bears a resemblance to geopolitics of the world we live in. Not at all related to the specific governments of those portrayed.

Hahahaha. Oh. Wait. He is serious.

From another interview with a different member of the team:

That's like a 20 tweet thread, I was actually going to post it but you beat me to the punch. Here's, I think, the most relevant parts:

It's a good thread, echoes a lot of my thoughts on the matter

• ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    There must be some way to harness that weird magic.

When someone puts out their female protagonist QUILTBAG anti-capitalist dating sim and the goorbies start churning their rage, the creators of the game should get a free pass to say "Nope! There's nothing political here!"

We know there's a political stance. But the gloopuns clearly wont know what to do and may end up even purchasing the game.

• TaminTamin Registered User regular
    my CK2 monthy income seems highly variable and afaict I'm not doing anything that should change it. I've found a few different menus that break it down, but none of them seem comprehensive. Where should I be looking?

ChicoBlue wrote: »
    There must be some way to harness that weird magic.

When someone puts out their female protagonist QUILTBAG anti-capitalist dating sim and the goorbies start churning their rage, the creators of the game should get a free pass to say "Nope! There's nothing political here!"

We know there's a political stance. But the gloopuns clearly wont know what to do and may end up even purchasing the game.

This is our mission, Chico, to take hold of the gromblers' collective purchasing power and fuel the next wave of enthusiastically inclusive gaming.

We cannot rest until the glip-glorps have shifted their unified consciousness until they are all frothing at the mouth to get married to a varied and comprehensive selection of non-heteronormative pigeon lifeguards.

We have to make them want to fuck pigeons.

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I think you should pick a harder goal, tbh.

I think you should pick a harder goal, tbh.

Well, why don't you come up with a better plan then, smartypants?

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Tamin wrote: »
    my CK2 monthy income seems highly variable and afaict I'm not doing anything that should change it. I've found a few different menus that break it down, but none of them seem comprehensive. Where should I be looking?

Levy Upkeep 200
    Retinue Upkeep 150
    Mercenaries 800
    Candles 3,600
    Liege 150

someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my serfs are dying

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    How do the developers describe the content of the game?
    The developers describe the content like this:

blood, naked girls, murder.

aw fuck yeah

Oh man, I love Metal Gear Solid V

IKknkhU.gif
  • SLyMSLyM Registered User regular

Are you someone's vassal? They might be raising your levees without you noticing. If you aren't it's probably a combination of province modifiers changing, vassals changing their opinion of you, or raiding. Your income tends to stay more stable if it comes mostly from your own holdings, and more variable if it's mostly taxes from vassals.

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
    SLyM wrote: »

Are you someone's vassal? They might be raising your levees without you noticing. If you aren't it's probably a combination of province modifiers changing, vassals changing their opinion of you, or raiding. Your income tends to stay more stable if it comes mostly from your own holdings, and more variable if it's mostly taxes from vassals.

hm. I do have a vassal in charge of the Bishopric in the province. Maybe he's doing something wacky. I'll have to check tomorrow.

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Can someone get an asset flip hog game out in Unity by the end of the week before it's too late?

Play the tabletop version!

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    The joked about that in the reveal (watch 26:17):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0wVt0cnDTg&t=1577s

SLyM wrote: »

hm. I do have a vassal in charge of the Bishopric in the province. Maybe he's doing something wacky. I'll have to check tomorrow.

update: yeah, it looks like the Bishop has decided to pay the Pope instead of me. I'll have to do something about that. ...

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I started Dishonored: Death of the Outsider and there's a story thing I'm confused by.
    In Dishonored 2, Meagan Foster is missing her right arm below the elbow, but when you play as her in DotO she has both arms (though the Outsider does turn her right arm into a skeleton arm after the first mission).

At first I thought it must be set before 2, but then I found a newspaper mentioning Emily having retaken the throne from Delilah, so it clearly must be set after 2.

Does this get explained?

• PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    I love how in Vicky 2 Jacobins rise up, flip the country to a democracy, lose the election and then immediately rise up again because they're not in charge

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Platy wrote: »
    I love how in Vicky 2 Jacobins rise up, flip the country to a democracy, lose the election and then immediately rise up again because they're not in charge

They just want a democracy! (That they're in charge of) Is that too much to ask?

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
This discussion has been closed.