As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newer action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Betsuni wrote: »
    "estimated to arrive july 2019"

i'm not as confident about that as you are big bad

Yeah I've been reading about BBTS getting their supply really late. As in months later than other shops.

Both bbts and tfsource have typically been slower in the past for me than other places, including physical retail. But I haven't seen these figures anywhere else really, or were sold out immediately so unless I want the 40000% evayt scalper markup I'm stuck

Ouch that sucks. But at least you'll get one (and yeah not for markup)!

I picked up Cylon Brunt last night and yeah I am unable to not see that now! What is funny is that I stood there with Brunt in my hand at the store going, "Do I really want him? He looks like a Cylon. Dangit, but I want to finish off Trypticon. But Cylon!" I eventually caved and picked him up. What makes it worse is the back of the box showing him in pieces so you can use him as armor/add-on parts.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    At this point I only use BBTS for collectibles and limited release items I know I’ll have trouble finding elsewhere.

Anything that’s mass production and should be available at Target/Walmart/toy stores I’ll get there instead.

• WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
    Nobody wrote: »
    At this point I only use BBTS for collectibles and limited release items I know I’ll have trouble finding elsewhere.

Anything that’s mass production and should be available at Target/Walmart/toy stores I’ll get there instead.

Yeah I found a new Walmart that stocks better so we will see going forward.

Yeah I've been reading about BBTS getting their supply really late. As in months later than other shops.

Both bbts and tfsource have typically been slower in the past for me than other places, including physical retail. But I haven't seen these figures anywhere else really, or were sold out immediately so unless I want the 40000% evayt scalper markup I'm stuck

I picked up Cylon Brunt last night and yeah I am unable to not see that now! What is funny is that I stood there with Brunt in my hand at the store going, "Do I really want him? He looks like a Cylon. Dangit, but I want to finish off Trypticon. But Cylon!" I eventually caved and picked him up. What makes it worse is the back of the box showing him in pieces so you can use him as armor/add-on parts.

I actually like the parts forming tbh he is fun

Yeah I found a new Walmart that stocks better so we will see going forward.

I actually like the parts forming tbh he is fun

Ok yeah I played with him last night and had too much fun pulling him apart and reassembling him into tank mode. This is like when I watched my Niece long ago pull apart my Generations Leader Skywarp to transform him (I laughed since she got him correct, just half at a time). Wonder if she would do the same to Brunt now.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    PS-18 Zinnia TFCON Toronto '19 exclusive

This figure is basically the same as the previous Azalea, but with new updated faces, a different colour scheme, and potentially a different head crest. Haven't checked with my other figure to see if its a new head crest or the new face's eye are just higher.

So far she's holding up a bit better in terms of joint tightness, but I still don't really like these feet compared to the spiked heals of the Stealth (and soon to be updated pink) Azalea. My issue with these feed are they don't feel completely flat, which can make posing a bit more difficult. In fact I had to cut off off a bit of excess glue or plastic in order to get her to stay on one foot.

gD5wD5Y.jpg
    GokQSbx.jpg
    z1Mb1GC.jpg
    IoaANEo.jpg
    uULbw00.jpg
    AAQinru.jpg
    FBgsC7N.jpg
    nqjgFnj.jpg
    vL0Ps9a.jpg
    gd1zOiy.jpg

Just for reference, here's the non edited photo. The reason the above are so dark a combination of losing natural light in the afternoon/evening and more importantly I'm very lazy and just want to quickly automate the process of getting a sharper image.

7lG8vBU.jpg

Overall I like it. I just think the neutral lips look odd due to the peaks of the cupids bow and cupids bow dimple (Philtral column) look out of proportion to nasal base, making her face look off. Seriously the damn thing is wide that her nose. And there definitely is a nasal base, as well as faint sculpted nostrils, so there really isn't an excuse as to "why it should matter on a robot."

sDLsfxC.jpg?1

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    edited August 2019
    Now I can't unsee your comment of her face in your first shot of it. It really is off there. So are you getting the ver 2 as well?

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    I like the heals of the version 2.

It's just the rest seems so lacking.

Zinnia comes with 4 faces: smiling, neutral, toothy smile and neutral with sunglasses

QneDF5X.jpg

The pink Azalea version 2 only comes with neutral, toothy smile and a TOOTHLESS smile similar to the version 1, but with slightly better lipstick.

So right now I'm leaning towards a "No" unless they include paint back the teeth or include the closed mouth smiling face.

But I'd much rather completely new repaint of the mold with more accessories.

Give me Animated Dragstrip or TF Prime Arcee. No new faces (especially no nose-less faces) required just those colour schemes.

And some damn swords! :lol:

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
    Hey folks, any experience with Robot Kingdom? They've started carrying Siege Red Wing but since I've never used them I'm hesitant to put in an order.

Hey folks, any experience with Robot Kingdom? They've started carrying Siege Red Wing but since I've never used them I'm hesitant to put in an order.

i've seen then mentioned a bunch of times in other places, but i have never used them myself

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xG7er65sVDc

Well, this thing is ridiculous.

edited August 2019
    they need a tiny globe for it to eat in these promos. lithone or moonbase 1 either is fine

unrelated but there are pictures floating around of the seacons. i was always tempted by those ones that were on sale at bbts but i guess there's this option now

WingedWeasel on

i've seen then mentioned a bunch of times in other places, but i have never used them myself

Digging around it looks like they're based in HK, so shipping would be brutal.

they need a tiny globe for it to eat in these promos. lithone or moonbase 1 either is fine

unrelated but there are pictures floating around of the seacons. i was always tempted by those ones that were on sale at bbts but i guess there's this option now

Hasbro Pulse has them and TF Source. I managed to get an order in for Hasbro since I always wanted a set. Only had one piece growing up and I liked the Ocean theme.

Digging around it looks like they're based in HK, so shipping would be brutal.

Yeah I read that their shipping is crazy. To be honest I'm sure that Target will have them in stock and available for non Red Card members soon. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular

I’ve used them before, item prices seem to be a bit cheaper, but the shipping is more expensive. Probably not the best option unless you can’t find the item anywhere else. They’re legit though

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    edited August 2019
    Hasbro Pulse now has the first two Generations Selects Seacons up for preorder. BBTS had them and then quickly pulled them offline.

Price is a bit...ouch.

Nobody on
    Hasbro Pulse now has the first two Generations Selects Seacons up for preorder. BBTS had them and then quickly pulled them offline.

Price is a bit...ouch.

Why the fuck is turtler $60?

Price is a bit...ouch.

Why the fuck is turtler $60?

Generations Select

Apparently it has more bits than a regular voyager.

That's a logical reason. However that's outside impulse buy range for me on a figure I'm not super excited about. They are cool and funny, but eh

Im torn on this one. I’ve been wanting the Seacons since Combiner Wars started. On the other hand they’re expensive.

At least you don’t have to buy a box set for them and can space it out

I went in on them since they are different and odd.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I want them precisely because they are odd and out there but I think I may wait because there are other figures I'm more excited about and budgets etc.

Although as I think about it I kinda want these bots more than apeface, although I think he looks cooler so I dunno

I want them precisely because they are odd and out there but I think I may wait because there are other figures I'm more excited about and budgets etc.

Although as I think about it I kinda want these bots more than apeface, although I think he looks cooler so I dunno

Well you can look at it this way, Apeface and other Siege line bots are mainstream which means there is a chance for them to warm shelves. While the Seacons seem to be special and may or may not have an excessive amount of them. But never know since specialty stores like BBTS might get more than pre-ordered and have a few sitting after.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Is there any pics of the rest of the Seacons/combined form?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/07/27/generations-selects-piranacon-and-seacons-full-combined-mode-and-team-images-393079

This post has them all in the uncolored prototype versions, including combined mode.

So remember how we were trying to figure out the cockpit for Spinister?

67968375_2395450394032198_4910429825979645952_n.jpg

oosik_betsuni.png
  • HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Yeah, that's exactly what we figured out it would be. =)

The target exclusive 10-pack of Micromasters came in, along with the Sports Car Patrol, and my army is growing nicely.
    doN2vMR.jpg

I also got Siege Chromia and she's actually much better than the combiner limb mold. She transforms better, looks better ad her backpack is a bit less cumbersome. I hate how her hands are still visible on the back, and I hate how obvious her torso is in vehicle mode. (Also I STILL dislike that vehicle mold.) I'll probably pick up that Nightbird version when it comes out, though I wish we could get a new mold for the various ladybots. It's going to be weird having 6 figures in my collection that all look similar. (I was never big on Seekers for that reason.)

I liked Greenlight's battle master so much, I picked up Smashdown so Novastar can have a Harley Quinn hammer.

edited August 2019
    Yeah I really love the Micromasters in this line. Part of me hopes they bring them all out, but I think this is the only molds they are going to make.

I put the female team together and yeah I have to agree that I wish they made different molds for them, at least two different vehicle modes. Their combined mode is so floppy that I actually got pissed at it and regretted buying all of them. But they are there, combined and leaning in the back of my collection with the other two Autobot combiners (Defensor and his clone using Sky Lynx's limb bots and Inferno as the center).

Edit: I also have to say that Jetfire/Skyfire is probably the most awesome bot out of the Siege line so far for me. He is just perfect.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    I have serious beef with the tiny-ass balljoints they use in the micromaster legs, and I'm sure they could have given them elbows if they didn't have to also worry about giving them combined weapon modes, but beyond that they're pretty good.

Also they showed off a pair of Micromaster Combiners (the two bots per vehicle variety, not the giant robot variety) recently so the MM line looks like it'll keep on trucking. It just feels a little hollow without the bases. (Which just leads me even closer to buying that damn Omega Supreme)

So remember how we were trying to figure out the cockpit for Spinister?

67968375_2395450394032198_4910429825979645952_n.jpg

I wish there was a port on his legs so you could have an under turret like bombers.

Oh shit, I found a local toy store that has POTP Predaking in stock for same price as BBTS.

It's one thing to know it's available online, it's another to actually see it on a shelf.

Oh shit, I found a local toy store that has POTP Predaking in stock for same price as BBTS.

It's one thing to know it's available online, it's another to actually see it on a shelf.

It is a sad day when we have to celebrate such things.

oosik_betsuni.png
    It’s more a “I can have it hand today, why am I not taking it up front” thing for me >.>

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I picked up WFC:S Jetfire, and while I really like the toy, the battle mask will not stay attached. There's a spring loaded mechanism for his forehead so that the spot it sockets in is concealed when not in use, but it shoves the mask right out.

Oh man, that sucks.

I just got the Off Road Master set and it sort of sucks. One leg of the SUV doesn't tab in right so it leaves a gap. Then the semi's peg is too big so you can't convert them into the gun.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Oh man, that sucks.

I just got the Off Road Master set and it sort of sucks. One leg of the SUV doesn't tab in right so it leaves a gap. Then the semi's peg is too big so you can't convert them into the gun.

I have the 10-pack version of that set and at least for me, you can get the SUV to tab together properly, it just takes a few tries and and a bit of force when you squish it all together.

Hmm, mine seems to only want to keep one leg in when I smash it. It isn't perfect, but it works.

oosik_betsuni.png
    I got my 3 figmas a couple weeks ago but haven't had the chance to open them and take photos.

I did open WTC Jetfire though and really like him. Didn't have the issue of the mask popping off his head at all.

The guy is actually very stable and can pose on one foot.

The double barrel rifle mode is a bit disappointing though, as the peg joint does a poor job supporting the weight of the weapon. This results in it drooping down in his hand. I might try using some clear gloss or just tightening the screw.

I'll try to get some pics next weekend.

I think I'll need to invest in a better desk lamp for better lighting at night. Sky's too dark lately, and I don't feel like raising the outdoor blinds to get more light.

Also thinking about trying to get my hands on blank mini exhibition banner for a background, but the lamp is the priority.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Um, does anybody have a Target RedCard so they can buy Transformers Generations Selects Redwing for me?

: )

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    Um, does anybody have a Target RedCard so they can buy Transformers Generations Selects Redwing for me?

: )

I know there are people offering it as a service on transformers forums and it’s being done through eBay. It’s also available through some (outside US) online distributors.

My hope is that Target just decides to sell them normally at some point.

This discussion has been closed.