As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [NFL] Sucks and I Hate it!

• Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    That Antonio Brown injury was apparently frostbite from a cryo machine.

Or I guess he was using cryo to help his injury.

But either way... Got frostbite.

mcp on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    mcp wrote: »
    That Antonio Brown injury was apparently frostbite from a cryo machine.

Or I guess he was using cryo to help his injury.

But either way... Got frostbite.

If only he did cryo the right way... wait shit in this case it would have prevented the frostbite.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Holy shit. Ed Reed's hall of fame bust is amazing.

d72rhp59rrcw.jpg

• Options
    Dustin Colquitt has fans sign his hat

That's awesome

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Hahahaha

Oh man, all of the Giants fans on Facebook suddenly declaring how great the Daniel Jones pick was because he had a good series in a meaningless preseason game against the Jets...

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Hahahaha

Oh man, all of the Giants fans on Facebook suddenly declaring how great the Daniel Jones pick was because he had a good series in a meaningless preseason game against the Jets...

If you get the chance, remind them that the 0-16 Lions and (I believe) the 0-16 Browns were undefeated in their preseason games.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Oh hey... And Now Golden Tate is appealing a 4 game PED suspension.

It's a fun year to be a Giants fan!

Maybe you can Cardinals your way out of Daniel Jones? Tank for Tua and trade Jones to some desperate team.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    edited August 2019

I thought he just got cold feet about playing in Oakland, but...

Maximum on
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    what the fuck?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    what the fuck?

The NFL has rules about which helmets players are allowed to wear. They have to be certified by the National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE). One of the basic rules NOCSAE follows is that it withdraws the certification for any helmet over 10 years old. Antonio Brown's old helmet is no longer certified, but he doesn't like any of the ones that are currently certified.

FWIW, the NFL said there were 32 players at the end of last season that were wearing helmets that were banned at the time, including Tom Brady, who has been vocal in his opposition to the rule. The NFL has apparently decided to implement zero-exception enforcement this year.

• Options
    Mecole Hardman covers a lot of ground real fast

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    ferrrtbawww

Xehalus on
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    The Browns have:
    SF
    AZ
    Seattle
    LAR
    Buff
    NYJ
    Miami
    Week 7 Patriots (about the time they actually start playing like it counts...)
    Tennessee
    Denver
    Cincy x2
    Steelers x2
    Ravens x2

This could be an 10/11 win season...

I think 3 teams in the playoffs from the AFCN is a good possibility by virtue of getting the AFCE, NFCW & Cincy x2 this season...

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    remember though a player might not have much going for a career in the nfl they could be known as the one that took tom brady out

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    the wook wrote: »
    what the fuck?

The NFL has rules about which helmets players are allowed to wear. They have to be certified by the National Operating Committee on Standards for Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE). One of the basic rules NOCSAE follows is that it withdraws the certification for any helmet over 10 years old. Antonio Brown's old helmet is no longer certified, but he doesn't like any of the ones that are currently certified.

FWIW, the NFL said there were 32 players at the end of last season that were wearing helmets that were banned at the time, including Tom Brady, who has been vocal in his opposition to the rule. The NFL has apparently decided to implement zero-exception enforcement this year.

So what’s going on with the other 31 players?

Or is Brady gonna get suspended for tampering with equipment again?

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Barkevious Mingo already had his shot to do that

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
  • Options
    Still I feel the NFL needs to have a punishment appeal system outside of their control. But the more I think about it how can you do arbitration without a lawyer. Lawyers in this would be kind of bad as some are fans. Fans on the other hand are also bad as they have personal beefs
    It's a no win problem the more I think about it

• Options
    Honestly for a sport with a bunch of brain injuries getting hung up on not being able to wear your old helmet seems like maybe it wasn't doing its job for those years previous. I get that its not as comfortable, but if the new one saves your brain wear the new helmet. Or quit god knows it'd be better than playing for Jon Gruden.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    Is Jerry Jones gonna have to choke a bitch?

But seriously, that's ridiculous.

However, counterpoint:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/12/source-dak-prescott-has-not-asked-for-40-million-a-year/

• Options
    the wook wrote: »
    Is Jerry Jones gonna have to choke a bitch?

But seriously, that's ridiculous.

However, counterpoint:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/12/source-dak-prescott-has-not-asked-for-40-million-a-year/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zmj9ix_Ngg

• Options
    Dak... Don't turn down 30 mil. You go out and struggle, which is definitely possible because you're a mediocre QB, you ain't getting shit.

• Options
    even 30 million is yikes. dude is not very good.

certainly not top 5 money. but they're about to back the brinks truck up for a running back, so it's all bad decisions all the time over there.

good old jerry jones.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    even 30 million is yikes. dude is not very good.

certainly not top 5 money. but they're about to back the brinks truck up for a running back, so it's all bad decisions all the time over there.

good old jerry jones.

And god I love every minute.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    God I love how Jerry had a successful team and ran it into the ground over a period of 20 years because he couldn’t just back off and let the people who know football do their jobs.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    If there's anything I hate, it's bullshit contract rumors:

This is someone in the Cowboys' FO leaking a number that they think people will go "that's ridiculous" because regular people still act like football players shouldn't ask for and try to get as much money out of these fucking teams as they possibly can.

I really, really, really hate the whole contract rumor bullshit and I wish they would fine teams any time money leaks come out to the press.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Unless he has a Nathan Peterman type season this year he's going to, at a minimum, play out this year at his rookie number, get franchise tagged for around the $30 million they are offering him, and then either become a free agent or sign an extension eventually. But more than likely he and Wentz will get nearly identical extensions of around $33-35 million per year

• Options
    Oh he certainly should ask for as much as he can get, and good on him even if it was true. But oof signing him for anything even close to that is just begging for years of mediocrity. He’s just not particularly good.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    He's probably serviceable though, and serviceable QBs get paid.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »
    Honestly for a sport with a bunch of brain injuries getting hung up on not being able to wear your old helmet seems like maybe it wasn't doing its job for those years previous. I get that its not as comfortable, but if the new one saves your brain wear the new helmet. Or quit god knows it'd be better than playing for Jon Gruden.

The helmet certification is only for protection against skull fracture, new helmets aren’t any better at preventing concussions than old helmets because it’s not a thing that helmets can do

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

And they linger for years, just ask Joe Flacco!

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options

The helmet certification is only for protection against skull fracture, new helmets aren’t any better at preventing concussions than old helmets because it’s not a thing that helmets can do

I would say protecting yourself from skull fracture seems like a good thing?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular

You're not my Mom!

• Options

And we wonder why teams wallow in mediocrity for eternity

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Of course, but this isn’t really a “the old helmet is less safe” situation, it’s a “if we don’t put a cutoff we’ll have to spend too much money certifying too many types of helmet models” situation

Like how car seats have expiration dates...

I guess I care about this one because of the implication that new helmets are safer re: brain injury, when nothing will help the players other than not ramming each other with their heads

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I feel pretty good saying 10 years of use is a good cutoff for any helmet.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
This discussion has been closed.