As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Salt Always. The Queen Is Dead (Skadi)! Long Live The Queen (Castoria)!

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Regular Nero continues to sit in the corner with my other dozen disappointing Sabers.

Regular Nero is an interlude-buffed Arts AoE with a 44% Atk/Def buff, Herc's Bond CE on a skill, and later gets a 30% self charge.

How is she remotely disappointing?

She's good at staying alive for longer than average while not gaining much NP or doing much damage. I remember her being the only Saber with a bonus during some event and it was hell to try to use her for farming then. I was hoping she'd wind up being the one Saber I had that could actually NP easily for big damage, and none of that came true. But I'm also not lucky enough to have pulled the other parts of a good Arts team.

uyvfOQy.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »
    Madican wrote: »
    Stilts wrote: »
    So what I’m seeing in here is that I should complete my Nero collection and try and get Bride next Nero-fest

Good news, that's probably the next event. Not sure if it'll be before the next chapter though.

Japan had...
    August 17 ~ September 1 Death Jail Summer Escape
    Break week!
    September 6 ~ September 20 Nerofest
    Break week!
    September 27 ~ October 11 Halloween 2016 rerun
    3ish day break!
    October 14 Shimousa
    Two week break to clear the story!
    October 25 ~ November 10 Halloween 2017

We'll probably stick to that schedule as well, I think. Or something close enough. The days of jumbled schedules are somewhat behind us, I think?

Heads up as well, this Nerofest is one of Brynhildr's only rate-ups in the entire game. It's her 2nd in NA and her third, and final rate-up so far, doesn't come until her Lostbelt banner with her husbando and lover Sigurd.

NA wise she's gotten her NP Interlude and later, her already really good targeteable star weight buff becomes a targetable eternal arms mastery (600% --> 3000% star weight, gains +40% crit damage buff).

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    devs, you buff Nero unnecessarily

and then you do this

5q5mpBD.png

Just how much did @vagrant_winds put into this game to do this for him?

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Those are my two lvl100 servants.

Should I go to Vegas?

What's that, just more charge for Martha?

uyvfOQy.png
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Looks like an NP buff.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    NP gets the standard damage buff and also increases the defense down to 20%-60% pre-damage (compared to 10%-50% previously). Nothing particularly big, it's just making her better at what she already does.

MHX gets a defense down to all enemies added to her stun.

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    NP upgrade is always significant just because of the base multiplier upgrade

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Yeah, an NP upgrade goes a long way to keeping Martha competitive with Quetz and Luvia. It might not be enough to take her up to their levels, but it's a big help.

NP gets the standard damage buff and also increases the defense down to 20%-60% pre-damage (compared to 10%-50% previously). Nothing particularly big, it's just making her better at what she already does.

MHX gets a defense down to all enemies added to her stun.

And the cooldown decrease. Wish it was one more, but 7 turns instead of 8 at max level is still something.

I really expected then to do something with the third skill. A quick buff, an Attack buff, or just turn it into a full temporary class advantage. I didn't expect a Support Fire buff but I'll take the guarenteed 3 turn AoE defense down.

Yeah, an NP upgrade goes a long way to keeping Martha competitive with Quetz and Luvia. It might not be enough to take her up to their levels, but it's a big help.

I look forward to the burst that pets me pull with an NP4.

NP1 hits harder than NP5 Quetz with this buff.

Also, Bride's buff turned her into Quen Gong ammo.

1k64dOx.jpg

Plugsuit is almost there. <20% left till lvl10 itself. Atlas is lvl6 and has a long way to go.

Got the last quartz I needed for one last summer roll, now that the Nobu-focused banner is up. And...I got Nero.

I wonder if TwopsAllCstrs fits...

uyvfOQy.png
  • Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    OopsAllCstrsJr

My child

Gawain learned Sunny Day! And has now gone from 32% damage buff 3/5 turns to 82% damage buff 3/5 turns self buffed.

Salter got a buff, but not the Salter people wanted. Rider Salter got a small Max HP added survivability buff. But hey, they're still buffing Summer Servants in JP now.

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Hopefully I'll get to change to OopsAllNeros

IKknkhU.gif
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Login quartz put me at exactly 30 quartz. Rolled, gold orbs, Raikou.

NA Part 2 is done, and so I can finally...

sMyyZccl.png

KiiFBLUl.png

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    "King Gilgamesh gave this to us himself. It may be recycled but that doesn't mean we should waste it."

Wonder what that mea--

*sees the next scene and just starts cackling loudly* Oh yes I like this Summer event very much

Yeah, this summer event was very good

HOWEVER: I am a little peeved that they're locking the copies of Summer Ishtar behind what are essentially challenge missions. I got past the first one by the skin of my teeth. Not sure I'll get so lucky for the others.

IKknkhU.gif

HOWEVER: I am a little peeved that they're locking the copies of Summer Ishtar behind what are essentially challenge missions. I got past the first one by the skin of my teeth. Not sure I'll get so lucky for the others.
    Seals are your friend. Worst case...spend the SQ.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    First one is an Avenger, so the rest shouldn't be too bad aside from the Assassin, just because Assassins are really goddamn annoying as bosses.

edited August 2019
    Spectrum wrote: »

Seals are your friend. Worst case...spend the SQ.

Yeah, I feel like unless I get really solid RNG, I'm gonna need to use the party-revive command for each of them.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
    The two avengers you can probably just zombie through with BB Mash Tamamo or something.

edited August 2019
    BB is just tearing up the first Avenger like he's nothing, and he's down with only one NP to kill Waver. Next up!

Second Avenger got her charge bar full on final break bar...but didn't actually use an NP? Just a ZA WARUDO skill that didn't really do much of anything besides enough chip damage to fill my NP gauges to full and waste her.

Lancer down with Saberlot leading the way. One more to go, but stamina is empty now so Assassin will have to wait.

Madican on
    Well the gold cards were one thing, but that's a bit ridiculous. Guess I can just throw Ishtar in storage with all those Sthenos then. Cool.

uyvfOQy.png
    6fxfcmuy0dup.jpg

She tried to warn us.

uyvfOQy.png
    The only challenge quests in Part 2 are Bull of Heaven for the Lore and the Medb fight for her costume. The fights to get the copies of Ishtar are even easier than the 'mini-challenge' fights to get the Golden Fous in part one.

First off, the Avengers. Both are easily beaten with BB and two supports. A Crit support works best here, like Summer Marie or even Caster Gil (Sherlock doesn't work due to the enemy being an Avenger) but so does Mash, Tamamo, and any other generic supports. A BB, Mash, and your friend's support caster team works perfectly fine here and will live forever. Fill with your own support backline.

The Lancer fight is a generic single-target Lancer. His only gimick is that he becomes immune to debuffs, so bring characters that buff your own allies rather characters that debuff the enemy. A Arts-looping NP team with Nero Bride or Saber Lancelot will obliterate him, but any good Saber(s) + support team will do the job.

The Assassin/Berserker/Assassin is possibly the easiest one in that he doesn't even have a Noble Phantasm gauge in his first two lives. Grab a support Sanzang, Illya, or Caster Nero (probably in that order) if you don't have one, and fill the party with your other casters and Mash.

• AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    Yeah, it was definitely a cool event, even if the ending again was kinda rushed.

I would really want to see a scene showing Maid Salter and Nero realise that Ishtar manipulated them into joining the race.

Asthariel wrote: »
    Yeah, it was definitely a cool event, even if the ending again was kinda rushed.

I would really want to see a scene showing Maid Salter and Nero realise that Ishtar manipulated them into joining the race.

They do and it's absolutely hilarious. But to see them, you have to have them win the race. Whoever wins the race is whoever you supported the most. And a person of culture like myself had Nero win.

@Asthariel I went back into my Materials and screencapped it. Nero & Salter Victory (where they realize they've been had, but the rivalry takes over).

It's pretty great.

• Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    All of the possible endings will be available in the my room archives once the event wraps up

As for me, I got to see Nito's ending because it is just and proper

Good writing for Schez, too

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Nobu was my champion, of course.

Helena was my champion because her nodes were the easiest for me to farm. Also it's kind of hilarious to see more Tesla/Edison bickering

Nitocris won in my game, although Helena propably had a second place behind her.

Shame that she didn't pick Cleopatra for her role model instead of Ozy.

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    Nitocris won in my game, although Helena propably had a second place behind her.

That relationship kind of goes the other way, though, since Cleopatra is intimidated by these eons-old Pharaohs (Nitocris died 2181 BC, Ozy 1213 BC, Alex 323 BC, Cleo 30 BC) and also has some deep-running insecurities regarding how, you know, she kind of ended the three-thousand-year-long reign of the pharaohs. (Heck, why do you think her NP is a snake that deals damage to her?)

Nitocris thinks Alex and Cleo are nice, but they're also not entirely in a spot where they could act as mentor figures to her.

The weird thing about the Ozy-Nito relationship is that it's somewhat on her. Ozymandias actually respects her, what with her being a thousand years his senior, but treats her as his underling because that's how she wants him to treat her (because she feels unworthy due to her short reign and unceremonious end). He's a massive jerk, but you'll note how when Nitocris comes back to announce her victory he's actually disappointed because she's not acting happy about it... but the only reason she isn't acting that way is because she's convinced herself that a "real" Pharaoh wouldn't care.

It's a bit of an unhealthy relationship, but I'm also not sure that pairing her up with Cleopatra instead would be any healthier.

edited August 2019

That relationship kind of goes the other way, though, since Cleopatra is intimidated by these eons-old Pharaohs (Nitocris died 2181 BC, Ozy 1213 BC, Alex 323 BC, Cleo 30 BC) and also has some deep-running insecurities regarding how, you know, she kind of ended the three-thousand-year-long reign of the pharaohs. (Heck, why do you think her NP is a snake that deals damage to her?)

Nitocris thinks Alex and Cleo are nice, but they're also not entirely in a spot where they could act as mentor figures to her.

The weird thing about the Ozy-Nito relationship is that it's somewhat on her. Ozymandias actually respects her, what with her being a thousand years his senior, but treats her as his underling because that's how she wants him to treat her (because she feels unworthy due to her short reign and unceremonious end). He's a massive jerk, but you'll note how when Nitocris comes back to announce her victory he's actually disappointed because she's not acting happy about it... but the only reason she isn't acting that way is because she's convinced herself that a "real" Pharaoh wouldn't care.

It's a bit of an unhealthy relationship, but I'm also not sure that pairing her up with Cleopatra instead would be any healthier.

Yeah, I agree with what you say, but at least I can hope that with Cleo as her best friend she would stop feeling like she has to PROVE something, because this is not a way to live.

Even if she is a Servant... that is already dead in theory... I forgot where I was going with this line of thought.

It's nice that in this event she's got a new BFF at least.

Asthariel on
  • IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Wow these challenge quests are some hot bullshit.