As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Believe in your own Justice with [Metal Wolf Chaos XD] courtesy of FromSoftware and DD

manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?!Registered User regular
edited August 2019 in Games and Technology
Hello friends, do you love freedom?

Do you like mecha, explosions and guns?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG1HahKYZzc

Do you like nonsense English and white slavery? How about awkwardly relevant prologue sequences talking about how America slowly disintegrated?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW81CVvyB6w

Thanks to Devolver Digital, we now no longer have to pay hundreds of dollar for bootleg copies of an original Xbox Japan exclusive FromSoft game. Out on Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One August 5, and I have no idea why it's not getting more of a marketing push. Remember, Super Best Friends died to get this game ported. Also all you FromSoft fans, if this game does well, we'll hopefully see more Armored Core in the future. This game IS being used to gauge interest in the genre rightly or wrongly.

manwiththemachinegun on

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Bless Devolver Digital for bringing this over to the USA.

RICHAARRRRRRRRRRD

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    They waited long enough to bring this game out in the US to where it was double ultra relevant. What a turnaround...

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    The only thing that would be more sweet if is they were able to interview the voice cast and ask, "what was going on when you were recording that thing?"

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    They waited long enough to bring this game out in the US to where it was double ultra relevant. What a turnaround...

A feel like a lot of this game's thunder got stolen by Metal Gear Rising.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    FromSoft's soundtrack team never ceases to amaze. While there are a ton of great tracks, the main theme ignites a BURNING AMERICAN SPIRIT OF HOPE in my chest that's hard to describe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tHUq8_dkkg

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    This game looks terrible.

Can't wait.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    EBWLEtLW4AAqcry?format=jpg

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Also all you FromSoft fans, if this game does well, we'll hopefully see more Armored Core in the future. This game IS being used to gauge interest in the genre rightly or wrongly.

source on that?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I'm just waiting for them to turn this game into a movie.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    The sound mix is noticeably BAD. During cutscenes, the VA is super loud, and much quieter in-game.

That said, the gameplay is PS2 super jank city, and very nostalgic.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Also all you FromSoft fans, if this game does well, we'll hopefully see more Armored Core in the future. This game IS being used to gauge interest in the genre rightly or wrongly.

source on that?

One of ScreenRant's inteviews.
    So, of course, we have this reputation for our dark fantasy games - maybe a lot fans expect those kinds of games to come out of the studio - and we do enjoy that side of the company, and we do feel like we want to please those fans, but at the same time, Dark Souls and Demon Souls were not our first dark fantasy games. We had a collection of that sort of titles. But at the same time, we did start making these mecha games. Not just Metal Wolf Chaos but the Armored Core series as well. And so, we would like people to understand that there's more than one side to FromSoftware. Looking at that, it might be a good time to consider a new Armored Core game or something like that, but first of all, we just wanted to test the waters and make people aware of our past catalog and make them aware of this extra side of the studio. We enjoy kind of mecha fantasy as well as dark fantasy. So we thought Metal Wolf Chaos was a nice way to kind of remember that.

It's not the only interview they've done on it. They're a bit wary having "made it" as a niche studio to a blockbuster one with the Souls series, which is understandable. Mecha is traditionally not a big hit outside of Japan. We'll probably *eventually* get another AC game, but MWC doing better than expected will certainly help.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I am an unapologetic Metal Wolf Chaos fan. Played it years ago on an import, and loved it to pieces back then.

The audio issues in this port are making me cry something fierce. Even in game, quiet things are way too loud, and loud things are way too quiet. Some sounds feel like they're missing altogether.

TetraNitroCubane on
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Options
    I am an unapologetic Metal Wolf Chaos fan. Played it years ago on an import, and loved it to pieces back then.

The audio issues in this port are making me cry something fierce. Even in game, quiet things are way too loud, and loud things are way too quiet. Some sounds feel like they're missing altogether.

They're aware, thankfully.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=MJIEPyfbWO8

VIDEOGAMES FOREVER KOTAKU DOT COM

• Options
    Tim Rogers single handedly saved Kotaku.

• Options
    "Kind of like asking a Michelin-star chef to make you cotton candy and tater tots."

Truer words, never said.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    Tasty's new series, "Can A Videogame Developer Make a B-Movie Grade Political Satire Fancy?"

• Options
    I have purposefully never watched 100% of MWC LPs, and I'm glad I didn't. There's just, so much to the experience. I haven't laughed this loud at a game in a long time. And it's pretty fun too, I'm excited to see what the later arsenal is like.

• Options
    The railgun is super OP for taking out heavy enemies and certain bosses.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    I don't know if it's some bug or what, but the final boss does something that cuts through like three or four life bars in seconds, and I have no idea what it is, I don't even see an impact.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    If it's when he's down to around 10% and stops taking damagne, Richard has a final smash just like Michael, there should be some sound or visual cue, I think you can see his weapons pop out of the shoulders.

• Options
    If it's when he's down to around 10% and stops taking damagne, Richard has a final smash just like Michael, there should be some sound or visual cue, I think you can see his weapons pop out of the shoulders.

Not even then, when you're fighting him in the common area of the hotel, by all the slot machines. He has some gun attack that cuts through health like butter.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    He cycles through various weapons each phase. Mid distance is best for dodging most of his attacks. I've found offense is better than defense, and picking a mix of heavy hitting weapons with fast firing ones seems to keep him off balance.

• Options
    Yeah, I had better luck with taking him down FAST when I went in hard, but I lost a ton of HP. I just wish I knew which weapon it was that eats up HP like that.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Phew, beaten. I could barely hear any music in the last mission. Oh well. I wound up just getting in his face and dual wielding grenade launchers and force feeding them down Richard's throat.

A+ would justice again.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    Game was recently patched, but apparently the audio mix options remain awful. I can't hear half the sounds in the game still.

• Options
    Details:
    Thank you for your continued support and patronage.

We plan to release an update for METAL WOLF CHAOS XD. Please read on for details.

[Target Platforms]

PlayStation 4, Xbox One

[Release Timing]

PlayStation 4:

Scheduled for 8th August, 2019

Xbox One:

Schedule adjustments pending

[Release Notes and Fixes]

Addressed an issue where in-game music and sound effects would play at low volume.

Addressed an issue where cutscenes would play at high volume.

Fixed an error in the requirements for the "Cowboys & Aliens" Trophy.

Improved visibility of enemy icons on the in-game radar.

Fixed a bug in the Weapon Development menu, where undeveloped weapons did not display as "????".

Fixed a bug where reducing sound effects volume below a certain level would cause them to become almost inaudible and add background noise.

Fixed a bug where frozen enemy effects were not displaying correctly.

Fixed a bug where the "%" symbol was not displaying correctly in in-game text.

Other various bug fixes.

After applying the update, the version notation in the top-right of the title screen will display as follows:

App Ver 1.02

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused by these issues. Thank you for being patient with us.

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Wow these bonus weapons are stupid. I love them.