As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FATE/GRAND ORDER] Salt Always. The Queen Is Dead (Skadi)! Long Live The Queen (Castoria)!

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Good lord, the third challenge quest was very nearly some horseshit

Team of: Sanzang, Summer Nero, Merlin (friend), Waver, Medea, Mash

Frontline eats through Carmilla's HP just fine. Then everything starts to go very south on the Nightingale phase. She get's some ludicrously good crits, and one-shots three of my units in as many turns: Sanzang, then Nero, then Medea all go down from full health to dead each round. Strategic use of Mash barely keeps Waver and Merlin alive, and I managed to chew through the Nightingale healthbar.

Get to Mysterious Man, he kills Mash turn 1. Merlin lasts for a little longer, but he dies about 100,000 health in, so I'm now down to one unit. Somehow, Waver (the absolute legend), solos the remaining 250k health. I have no idea how I pulled that off, and it almost made up for Nightingale being a complete asshole.

IKknkhU.gif
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Yeah, that one is rough. Buff removal and NP is probably the way to go for round 2.

I've cleared everything but gugulana now for the challenges. That was the worst of the ones for Ishtar NP ranks probably.

I just let Altera smash through the Medb challenge fight. Complete steamroll. The servants don't have the HP to handle her buster cards at all, and taunt is meaningless against her NP.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Frontline eats through Carmilla's HP just fine. Then everything starts to go very south on the Nightingale phase. She get's some ludicrously good crits, and one-shots three of my units in as many turns: Sanzang, then Nero, then Medea all go down from full health to dead each round. Strategic use of Mash barely keeps Waver and Merlin alive, and I managed to chew through the Nightingale healthbar.

Get to Mysterious Man, he kills Mash turn 1. Merlin lasts for a little longer, but he dies about 100,000 health in, so I'm now down to one unit. Somehow, Waver (the absolute legend), solos the remaining 250k health. I have no idea how I pulled that off, and it almost made up for Nightingale being a complete asshole.

Did you swap out CEs to something bufftastic, or were you still using event CEs? I didn't have so hard of a time with that, except for Nightengale nearly one-shotting Merlin. That was a pain.

• NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular

Did you swap out CEs to something bufftastic, or were you still using event CEs? I didn't have so hard of a time with that, except for Nightengale nearly one-shotting Merlin. That was a pain.

IIRC the challenge quests don't drop any event currency?

• StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Neveron wrote: »

Yeah, so I mostly used Kaleidoscopes

I suppose I could have put on different buff CEs, but I don't think anything other than Auto-Guts would have helped.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Neveron wrote: »

Right, but I've noticed a few times when people just forget to change them when going from grinding to challenge quests.

K-scopes are good for when you want to get NPs off fast, but they don't offer anything after that. My strategy was a strong caster team to take down the first assassin, NP blast Nightengale (and she still almost one-shotted Merlin - should've used the invincibility right away) and then just pounded througj the second assassin, with class affinity to help mitigate damage.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Nightingale mode is definitely the hardest part of that fight. I'd recommend saving NPs for that phase to blow through it ASAP. She almost took the head off a friend's Ilya and I had to blow some cooldowns along with lucky Waver NP stuns to get through. Last phase was cake though, he melted in Ilya's NP

Madican on
    Okay, had to blow command seals to finish up that last bull fight. It had 200k hp when Heracles went down for the last time though so I'm counting that as a person win because that was way too much damn health for something that could strip buffs at will.

• IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    Both Avengers fights down. Very close call on Gorgon, with Scathach cursed and below 1k hp. Managed to get a lucky crit at just the right time.

Do not want to do that again.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Well, I did one more single 10 Roll attempt at Rider Swimsuit Salter and/or NP2 Summer Raikou.

4JzMmZT.jpg

Not what I was rolling for, but you know what, I'm not complaining. Now I just need to aquire a lot of bones and Assassin gems for my MHX Sempai's new underling.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Why the fuck does Jack want 154 Bones?

Welcome to my hell

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I hit 750 day bonus...and pulled three of the same event CE. Limit broken now, but it's not actually very good...sigh...

uyvfOQy.png
  • NeveronNeveron HellValleySkyTree SwedenRegistered User regular
    At least she's not Nitocris - I get that she's got a whole "master of the underworld" thing going on, but 180 bones is a bit much. And then there's Altera, who literally wants an entire skeleton at 216 bones.

Bronze mat requirements are insane. At least with bones you might have a stockpile, but if you roll for Archer of Shinjuku the day he's available then I hope you've grinded the newly-released Shinjuku for 216 fluid jfc

The next really bad one is going to be the stakes in Salem, where two of the release day Servants need 180 and 132 of them... and then when Christmas rolls around the people rolling for Ereshkigal are going to have a rude awakening as she's one of those who needs 216.

Other rarities of mats are still a pain, obviously, but at least you just need 24 wine to max any currently-released Servant. And shops are going to have ten wine but probably not 70 bones.

So. Summer 2019 JP. They just got their first Berserker AoE Arts NP Looper.

Also, Neet's NP is the best thing I have ever seen.

Also, the trailer reveals the other summer servants.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdbbXoLkpxA
    Bunny Girl Lion King
    Melt
    Okita!

Oh god, this is going to end me two years from now.

As a bonus, have Fou occasionally kicking Merlin in the face when he uses a skill with his new animations.

• AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    The second banner of this summer event is going to kill me.

At least next year is merciful with XX being 4*.

That's the Gundam one right?

DW probably took some sick glee in watching all the Okita swimsuit memes going around

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    Meanwhile, Carmilla and Musashi's ascension arts are out.

I'm going to already be dead from Banner 1, there's nothing left for Banner 2.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Summer Musashi's rating is out now and she's officially...Tier D, right there with Avenger Nobu.

Huh, wasn't expecting that. Looking into it apparently the crux is one of her skills having a 5000 health demerit. On a Berserker. So she's excellent for farming but a stiff breeze will murder her.

Madican wrote: »
    Summer Musashi's rating is out now and she's officially...Tier D, right there with Avenger Nobu.

Huh, wasn't expecting that. Looking into it apparently the crux is one of her skills having a 5000 health demerit. On a Berserker. So she's excellent for farming but a stiff breeze will murder her.
    She has a Guts and an Evade and she's capable of NP looping.

She's fine.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Spectrum wrote: »

She's fine.

Yeah. She is the only Arts AoE Berserker in existence and can easily NP Loop.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Yeah, putting her at tier d is actually nuts. Plus she's a berserker so a 5k hp hit is basically just 1-2 hits, aka the same as a 2.5k HP hit on a normal servant.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    Meanwhile Neet has the best animations and NP.

She's a 'Disney Princess' that has armed up all her forest critter friends with guns, ordnance, mini-tanks, and mini-bombers. I'd love to see an evil witch try and get through that army.

Meanwhile Neet has the best animations and NP.

She's a 'Disney Princess' that has armed up all her forest critter friends with guns, ordnance, mini-tanks, and mini-bombers. I'd love to see an evil witch try and get through that army.

Depends on the witch.

edited August 2019
    Spectrum wrote: »

She's fine.

Yeah. She is the only Arts AoE Berserker in existence and can easily NP Loop.

Everything I'm reading on Reddit is that she specifically can't loop easily and needs a very specific setup to do so, including Nero Bride, the Arts CE from Prisma Ilya, and Mage MC, among some other requirements

Madican on
  • AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    I wanted to be a dolphin at best, paying only for GSSR's, but oh, I am going to financially ruin myself in 2 years, isn't it?

I don't know which summer servant do I love the most. Penguin Melt is brilliant. Im not sure what to think about reducing menacing Lion King villain to the role of a bunny girl during a summer event, but I will wait with forming an opinion about it until we learn more about the story.

Carmilla is beautiful.

edited August 2019
    Hokusai keeps her Threat to Humanity trait in Saber form.

MHXX is going to murder her in any challenge quests she appears in.

As for Hokusai herself, she's a wellfare Saberlot which is a very good thing. Plus, she's cuter.

vagrant_winds on
    Well that's all the challenge quests, aside from the sky bull, done. The Avengers were deffo the most difficult. Anyway, huzzah, Worst Goddess now hits harder.

edited August 2019
    Well that's all the challenge quests, aside from the sky bull, done. The Avengers were deffo the most difficult. Anyway, huzzah, Worst Goddess now hits harder.

A good Assassin (Shiki? I used my MHX), Mash, and 'Your Friend's Merlin' should be able to stall out the Bull while continuing to do damage. After you burst out Worst Goddess with a Lancer.

Thanks to Mash defense buffs Merlin was able to tank Bull NPs to the face for a pittance of damage, after his regen.

vagrant_winds on
    I feel like I don't really understand how to use Mash. I see her as a recommendation for lots of content, but I'm missing something. When I bring her she mostly does next to no damage (I realize damage isn't her thing) and then she dies a few turns later.

I feel like I don't really understand how to use Mash. I see her as a recommendation for lots of content, but I'm missing something. When I bring her she mostly does next to no damage (I realize damage isn't her thing) and then she dies a few turns later.
    Put a NP gain CE on her, spam chain her NP over and over and over. Laugh as the boss now does no damage.

To start the loop, combo her 2+3 in order for her to get hit and gain an absolutely silly amount of NP from it.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Also there are like a ton of ways to NP loop Musashi

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    If anything that video proves how stringent it is to set up the loop and even then it'd probably only work on maps with all Caster enemies because they give +20% NP gain when hitting them. Whereas someone like Chen Gong doesn't care about class, can also be looped for farming purposes, and has conquered Challenge Quests.

If anything that video proves how stringent it is to set up the loop and even then it'd probably only work on maps with all Caster enemies because they give +20% NP gain when hitting them. Whereas someone like Chen Gong doesn't care about class, can also be looped for farming purposes, and has conquered Challenge Quests.
    That's basically nonsense. Paracelsus isn't even the best choice, that just represents a combo that is entirely in-house. It's also not maxed skills and only NP1 Musashi, with higher getting even more back.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    That looks like what I do now with Boardred when farming QP.

uyvfOQy.png
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Jack did some heavy lifting on the challenge quests, but all I have left is farming hell.

aTBDrQE.jpg