As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] Railjack off to a great/buggy start

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Ballas betrayed the Orokin so he gets points for that.

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Saldonas wrote: »
    So hope next prime we get is Nezha, since he's my jam! I'm strongly considering making that my umbra forma target, though I wonder if maybe I should just hold out for Nidus since that's a frame that better takes advantage of triple umbral mods (Nezha really doesn't need the health, with how his shield works). Recently sunk some forma in to my Mirage Prime for fun and Leyzar has an amusing umbral setup that gets more damage than Chroma, though you have to light yourself on fire for high damage Eidolon hunting (lol).

Yeah, I'm probably sticking my Umbrals on Chroma first, because much as I resent this fact, he really is the most efficient Warframe for Eidolons & Profit Taker. B U T, Nezha is really high up next on that list.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Ballas is a rogue Orokin, but he's still an evil jackass. He just so happened to be a jackass out to ruin the ruling Orokin as well even if it meant selling out to the Sentients.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Really ought to go back through the various Prime trailers, I know Mirage definitely had its tone changed post-Sacrifice.

Orokin: no sense of right and wrong

I could swear i left my Hek Prime around here somewhere

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    considering release dates i'm 90% sure the next prime should be Atlas

who benefits from triple umbral mods just fine, so i'm going to be doing that and it's going to be awesome

as a reminder, this is what Atlas is capable of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWdCT-2zf7E

even though i recorded this a year ago it's still perfectly relevant

Orphane on
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

on the flip side, his reasons for betraying them are a bit... uhhh...
    Near as I can tell, he had absolutely no problem whatsoever with anything they did, ever, until they killed his crush. And then he's like whaaaaaaaaaaaat, my crush cared more about these children than not dying??? Wow I'm mad now because I can't have the thing I wanted, that being this woman, who has honestly never shown much sign of being interested in *me*! So I'm going to imprint her personality onto this Sentient Mimic and use the Tenno to destroy civilization! Then a few thousand years later, I'm going to be surprised that the Sentient I tried to turn into my dead crush 1. isn't actually her and 2. betrays me."

Seriously, I've been going back through some of the Margulis stuff, and I can't find any evidence that Margulis ever reciprocated Ballas' feelings. It seems to have been a one-sided, very creepy crush, which honestly fits with everything else we know about the guy.

TL;DR -- dude gets cockblocked by his own government, decides to overthrow government.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    It really just depends on if they wanna release the two China frames next to each other for primes, since Wukong came out after Atlas. Also not really a fan of Atlas :P

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options

on the flip side, his reasons for betraying them are a bit... uhhh...
    Near as I can tell, he had absolutely no problem whatsoever with anything they did, ever, until they killed his crush. And then he's like whaaaaaaaaaaaat, my crush cared more about these children than not dying??? Wow I'm mad now because I can't have the thing I wanted, that being this woman, who has honestly never shown much sign of being interested in *me*! So I'm going to imprint her personality onto this Sentient Mimic and use the Tenno to destroy civilization! Then a few thousand years later, I'm going to be surprised that the Sentient I tried to turn into my dead crush 1. isn't actually her and 2. betrays me."

Seriously, I've been going back through some of the Margulis stuff, and I can't find any evidence that Margulis ever reciprocated Ballas' feelings. It seems to have been a one-sided, very creepy crush, which honestly fits with everything else we know about the guy.

TL;DR -- dude gets cockblocked by his own government, decides to overthrow government.

???
    if you look at her quotes, her responses to Ballas at least imply some measure of familiarity, if not closeness, in the way she asks him to get her out and accuses him of lying

no, she doesn't refer to Ballas directly as a lover but also the only quotes we ever see/hear of her are in the context of her research, trial, and impending execution so...

• Options
    Saldonas wrote: »
    It really just depends on if they wanna release the two China frames next to each other for primes, since Wukong came out after Atlas. Also not really a fan of Atlas :P

you should rebind skill key 1 to left mouse button for a brand new Atlas experience

• Options
    DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    I'm still hoping for Ivara Prime next. I know it would be skipping Atlas twice in a row so isn't likely but a Tenno can dream.

Just going off of the list here: https://www.tennoclocknews.com/warframe-release-log/ it hasn't been updated for Equinox and Wukong but at least it's current enough.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular

List of people who betrayed the Orokin:

Ordon Karris
    The Sentients
    The Infested
    The Grineer
    The Twin Queens
    Margulis
    Ballas
    The Tenno
    Other Orokin
    The Void
    The Umbra Warframes
    Silvana

I'm probably forgetting a few.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    They had it comin', they had it comin'
    They had only themselves to blame
    If you'da been there, if you'da seen it
    I betcha would have done the same

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I think the list of people who didn't betray the orokin during those final years might be a lot shorter.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    EDIT: Meh, already told that joke, and it wasn't that funny.

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I think the list of people who didn't betray the orokin during those final years might be a lot shorter.

Well, there's the Dax and the Corrupted if you count brainwashing as loyalty, and... er... the Stalker, maybe?

• Options
    AgusalimAgusalim Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    I'm still hoping for Ivara Prime next. I know it would be skipping Atlas twice in a row so isn't likely but a Tenno can dream.

Just going off of the list here: https://www.tennoclocknews.com/warframe-release-log/ it hasn't been updated for Equinox and Wukong but at least it's current enough.

ivara prime is due this xmas if they stick to the expected order (which tbf they often break from), and i dont see them bumping her up bc:

1) as far as i know xmas prime access always sells better
    1a) partic if the prime is for a popular frame
    2) everybody loves invisible frog archer frame

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Agusalim wrote: »
    Daimar wrote: »

ivara prime is due this xmas if they stick to the expected order (which tbf they often break from), and i dont see them bumping her up bc:

1) as far as i know xmas prime access always sells better
    1a) partic if the prime is for a popular frame
    2) everybody loves invisible frog archer frame

Eh

Outside of hunting and the almost inexplicably terrible sortie defense missions Ivara is just slow Loki to me.

• Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    Reached Nightwave 14 which unlocked the Warframe slot and now I have to decide which of my finished frames I want to take out of the oven. I really liked Excalibur until I started playing with Frost and then didn't want to play any more Excalibur. Frost is pretty enjoyable but I think I prefer Nova and Equinox. Rhino is ok but I only ever use him when I feel like doing the Corrupted Vaults while carrying the keys that reduce shields and speed. (I have put Reactors and forma in Frost and Nova, a Reactor in Equinox and will Forma her the next time that is a Nightwave objective.)

I think Loki will be my next Frame but I am still not sure. I am also considering Hydroid and Titania.

I have actually invested in my Hek and Soma but haven't really decided on secondary or melee weapons I would want to use Catalysts or forma on.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Seg wrote: »
    Reached Nightwave 14 which unlocked the Warframe slot and now I have to decide which of my finished frames I want to take out of the oven. I really liked Excalibur until I started playing with Frost and then didn't want to play any more Excalibur. Frost is pretty enjoyable but I think I prefer Nova and Equinox. Rhino is ok but I only ever use him when I feel like doing the Corrupted Vaults while carrying the keys that reduce shields and speed. (I have put Reactors and forma in Frost and Nova, a Reactor in Equinox and will Forma her the next time that is a Nightwave objective.)

I think Loki will be my next Frame but I am still not sure. I am also considering Hydroid and Titania.

I have actually invested in my Hek and Soma but haven't really decided on secondary or melee weapons I would want to use Catalysts or forma on.

Do you have the syndicate mod for the Hek? It's the sort of thing that you really, really want to have. Hopefully someone can give you one, I'm assuming that you're not on the Switch but if you were I'd just hand you one for free.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Well I tried twice for the 20 waves defense thing. Both time host left midway and host migration left me stuck in the select screen. Bleh.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options

Titania and Loki are both extremely useful frames. I'd lean toward Titania unless you're really wanting a stealth frame though.

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    I haven't been that motivated for this nightwave, the operator armor doesn't seem that exciting compared to the Wolf's armor set. And I'm not so desperate for Umbral forma that I'm willing to grind out quite that far.

• Options
    Honestly. Loki is really great for spy vaults and quite a few different Riven Challenges (complete lvl30+ extermination without being detected, complete lvl30+ survival without killing anyone, get X kills while wall clinging/dashing, do X finishers etc)

Titania mainly used for void challenge rooms and for her Exalted Dex Pixia guns.

Hydroid is....not fun.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    You can probably do the level 30 survival one with literally any frame. I did it the other night by just jogging around the map picking up the life support lotus sends. Made it out with about 25% to spare.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hyrdoid is pretty good at at least one thing: low-effort fast leveling of weapons on the (what else) Hydron defense map. Stand in the center, on top of the cryopod, and just keep spamming tentacles and hard rain until your new gun or sword is 30 or your teammates decide to extract.

• Options
    Hyrdoid is pretty good at at least one thing: low-effort fast leveling of weapons on the (what else) Hydron defense map. Stand in the center, on top of the cryopod, and just keep spamming tentacles and hard rain until your new gun or sword is 30 or your teammates decide to extract.

Is that the frame that's doing that? I ran into a few of them this weekend and definitely appreciated their wiggly contributions.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm at the point where I need prime weapon components to level up with the syndicates.
    Lets see, New Loka needs an Orthos Prime blade. That's an uncommon from a Lith relic I have 7 of. No biggie.
    Red Veil needs a Fang Prime Handle, uncommon from a Lith relic I have 11 of, sweet.
    Perrin Sequence needs a Gram Prime Handle.
    Rare from an Axi relic I have 0 of. :/

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm at the point where I need prime weapon components to level up with the syndicates.
    Lets see, New Loka needs an Orthos Prime blade. That's an uncommon from a Lith relic I have 7 of. No biggie.
    Red Veil needs a Fang Prime Handle, uncommon from a Lith relic I have 11 of, sweet.

Route 1:
    Trade a Prime set for plat.
    Trade plat for a gram prime handle. It's not that expensive (15-20 plat).

Route 2:
    Run Tier 3 Interception on Berehynia (Sedna), Cerberus (Pluto) or Xini (Eris).
    The drop chance for Axi G2 relics is really good (with a 14%+ drop chance on both B and C rotations).

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

PC? I have a few spare if you want one.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    I'm not super concerned about getting them, thanks for the offer though. Just seemed like a real weird disparity.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I've probably got a few spare as well laying around.

I cracked a lot of relics in the run up to Tennocon only to find that I already had virtually everything I want that Baro sells

• Options
    jothki wrote: »

Do you have the syndicate mod for the Hek? It's the sort of thing that you really, really want to have. Hopefully someone can give you one, I'm assuming that you're not on the Switch but if you were I'd just hand you one for free.

Yes, I do have that mod. I like to use Scattered Justice and Hell's Chamber to really stack up the multishot.

• Options
    Some of these riven challenges...

Catch one fish, mine one gem and kill one enemy within 30 seconds?

How about fuck oooooooff :P

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

Open four caches without raising any alarms.

Easy enough, if it wasn't for the fact that it resets between missions.

• Options
    Can't figure out how the killing Dargyn pilots before they hit the ground thing is supposed to work. I killed about a dozen pilots while they were flying. None of the ones that warped in counted and only two of the four that I killed after getting their attention counted. After a half hour I just bailed because I was still only at 2/6 kills.

• Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    Can't figure out how the killing Dargyn pilots before they hit the ground thing is supposed to work. I killed about a dozen pilots while they were flying. None of the ones that warped in counted and only two of the four that I killed after getting their attention counted. After a half hour I just bailed because I was still only at 2/6 kills.

I'm pretty sure you need to blow up the Dargyn first, then kill the falling pilot.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    Ianator wrote: »

I'm pretty sure you need to blow up the Dargyn first, then kill the falling pilot.

...I hate that this is likely the case.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »

...I hate that this is likely the case.

Here's a trick - as long as they're in the air, it counts. You can bring Nidus, tentacle the pilots into the air before they get into their ships, and shoot them while in the Larva.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options

This one is actually easy. Go to the big lake. Find a site with fish and gems nearby. Fish, then fast pop the gems then quickly hurry off to the nearby grineer base and murder
    jothki wrote: »
    Open four caches without raising any alarms.

Easy enough, if it wasn't for the fact that it resets between missions.

Do 2 caches. Abort mission. Do the two others and then finish.

• Options
    Decided to kill Lephantis for my 3 Assasinate Missions trying to get the last two parts I need for Nekros. Didn't quite get lucky enough in 3 runs but I think I will build up my supply of keys and keep hitting it a couple of times a day over the next several days.

This discussion has been closed.